Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: lifter replacement  (Read 7671 times)

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
lifter replacement
« on: December 21, 2014, 10:56:45 PM »

my cuse3 has about 25000 mi. everything I am reading and hearing tick tick seems to suggest its time. I would appreciate anyone who could steer me in the right direction! 1. S@S lifter or ??? 2. GMR adjustable pushrods or ??? 3. any tips or how to videos to simplify or streamline the install for an old man would be  appreciated :2vrolijk_21: compensator must be next!

INDEPENDENT_1

• Superior Performance
  • Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • independentmcshop.com
    • independentmcshop.com
Re: lifter replacement
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 12:22:37 AM »

Baker has a new compensator due out very soon. They called me last week about testing it. For lifters with the higher pressured valve springs in the SE bikes, Id recommend the S&S Premium lifters and S&S Quickee pushrods. You can see a picture of the new compensator here. We hope to have some of them in a month to 6 weeks.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Independent-Motorcycle-Shop-LLC/365197886867649
Specializing in American V-Twin and Authorized Factory Pro 4 Gas Dyno Tuning!

independentmcshop.com

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1986 FXR Super Glide - antique, but the Evo lives on!
    • A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 08:43:29 AM »

Baker has a new compensator due out very soon.

That's good to learn James - please let us know when it becomes available...

mark

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 09:45:51 AM »

How to video

T-Roy

• Elite CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road King - Traded In
    • CVO2: 2019 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 09:49:29 AM »

Baker has a new compensator due out very soon.

Man decisions decisions. I was considering installing the latest SE compensator along with a GMR compensavor this spring when I do a 113 build. Now this, more decisions to make.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 02:18:59 PM by T-Roy »

cherryseeg2

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
  • J&B Performance Cycles
    • TN

• CVO1: 2003 Deuce traded for CVO 2
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 02:10:01 PM »

We've had very good results out the GMR lifters. Have a set going in an 07 SEUC next week.
2005 SEEG2 J&B Performance 120 -163/144

cmashark

• Senior CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2021 FLHXSE
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2014, 02:17:28 PM »

Baker has a new compensator due out very soon. They called me last week about testing it. For lifters with the higher pressured valve springs in the SE bikes, Id recommend the S&S Premium lifters and S&S Quickee pushrods. You can see a picture of the new compensator here. We hope to have some of them in a month to 6 weeks.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Independent-Motorcycle-Shop-LLC/365197886867649

If you or Mark need additional testers, I'm down....  ;D
Chris

2021 FLHXSE

INDEPENDENT_1

• Superior Performance
  • Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • independentmcshop.com
    • independentmcshop.com
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2014, 10:28:37 AM »

We are taking preorders on the new Baker unit now. We had our first guy call to order his yesterday and we have a running list with Baker. Testing is still underway as the first ten finished up with heat treatment yesterday if I'm not mistaken. We anticipate testing and beating on the new units be completed by end of next month and if no major changes need to be made, we're hopeful to begin shipping them in February but this is speculative although at the same time very hopeful as testing has not been completed.

In other news, we are under contract to move our facility to a new location with 4500 sq ft of space and we are talking about having a grand opening party this spring where we hope to have some major players in the industry present. It would be fun to have the CVO forum crew present with the opportunity to have something special for the members here. The plans are in early stages but I'll talk to the vendors I want there for the party to see what we can do to accommodate everyone to show our appreciation of this forum and the way it allows us to speak good, bad or indifferent about things. Our new facility is going to be pretty sweet that I think any V-Twin enthusiast can appreciate.

To the OP, I haven't used Steve's (GMR's) lifters but if they're as good as his Genesis cams Id give them 3 thumbs up. 
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 10:40:20 AM by INDEPENDENT_1 »
Specializing in American V-Twin and Authorized Factory Pro 4 Gas Dyno Tuning!

independentmcshop.com

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1986 FXR Super Glide - antique, but the Evo lives on!
    • A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2014, 10:35:17 AM »

In other news, we are under contract to move our facility to a new location with 4500 sq ft of space

That is very cool news James! Congratulations - sounds like things are really moving forward for you...  :2vrolijk_21:

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2014, 04:21:58 PM »

We are taking preorders on the new Baker unit now. We had our first guy call to order his yesterday and we have a running list with Baker. Testing is still underway as the first ten finished up with heat treatment yesterday if I'm not mistaken. We anticipate testing and beating on the new units be completed by end of next month and if no major changes need to be made, we're hopeful to begin shipping them in February but this is speculative although at the same time very hopeful as testing has not been completed.

In other news, we are under contract to move our facility to a new location with 4500 sq ft of space and we are talking about having a grand opening party this spring where we hope to have some major players in the industry present. It would be fun to have the CVO forum crew present with the opportunity to have something special for the members here. The plans are in early stages but I'll talk to the vendors I want there for the party to see what we can do to accommodate everyone to show our appreciation of this forum and the way it allows us to speak good, bad or indifferent about things. Our new facility is going to be pretty sweet that I think any V-Twin enthusiast can appreciate.

To the OP, I haven't used Steve's (GMR's) lifters but if they're as good as his Genesis cams Id give them 3 thumbs up.
very interested in the new compensator! surely they are better than the harley part.

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2014, 04:55:35 PM »

We sleep very easy at night, knowing our clients are running S&S lifters, and for the most part S&S valvetrain components.
FWIW the S&S standard lifters are not marked by S&S, and we could easily call them our own by sticking them in a different package, which seems to be a widely accepted practice done across this industry with a variety of products..............we are proud to say that we do not/will not, do that here. :)
Scott

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2014, 07:25:33 PM »

We sleep very easy at night, knowing our clients are running S&S lifters, and for the most part S&S valvetrain components.
FWIW the S&S standard lifters are not marked by S&S, and we could easily call them our own by sticking them in a different package, which seems to be a widely accepted practice done across this industry with a variety of products..............we are proud to say that we do not/will not, do that here. :)
Scott

Scott,

Does S&S actually manufacture lifters or are they built by Comp or Delco or the like with a name slapped on them, you know USA made?

Been reading lots of conflicting stories about this topic recently across the various forums, I guess its similar to Andrews or Comp making a large variety of the "designer" cams that are now on the market.

Also wondering just who does the MOCO use for their lifters?

Thanks for any clarification you can provide.

Fatboy

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2014, 11:01:37 AM »

Does S&S actually manufacture lifters or are they built by Comp or Delco

Parts of them are made by Delphi and they are assembled and tested by them.
I sell the same product as their standard lifter at a lower price, made in the USA, every lifter tested here for minimum 30 seconds bleed at .125" travel. As a comparison the OEM HD #18538-99C bleed in 10-15 seconds.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 11:09:28 AM by HD Street Performance »

Tn.Heritage

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2014, 08:58:33 PM »

We've had very good results out the GMR lifters. Have a set going in an 07 SEUC next week.
I've ran the GMR lifters for about 5000 miles now and all is well, very quiet on start up even after the bike sits for 3 weeks or more.
2019 Limited Low 114, S&S 475 cam, PR's, LC's, lifters,S&S Sidewinder 2-n-1 with a Roland Sands AC. Tuned with a PV tuner at J&B Performance.

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2014, 06:49:12 AM »

Scott,

Does S&S actually manufacture lifters or are they built by Comp or Delco or the like with a name slapped on them, you know USA made?

Been reading lots of conflicting stories about this topic recently across the various forums, I guess its similar to Andrews or Comp making a large variety of the "designer" cams that are now on the market.

Also wondering just who does the MOCO use for their lifters?

Thanks for any clarification you can provide.

Fatboy

Yes, Andrews grinds most of the cams, for a lot of folks, but the bulk of their business is transmissions, not bike transmissions either.
We've used both Andrews, and Comp Cams to grind custom cams for us in the past.
Scott
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 25 queries.