Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: 2013 CVO Road Glide with 30" front tire  (Read 24873 times)

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 seeg banana
Re: 2013 CVO Road Glide with 30" front tire
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2013, 05:18:12 PM »

Those "show" bikes look really cool and are eye catchers for sure but as low as they are everything would
hit the ground the first curve I went into in the mountains. Great looking bikes, just not practical for me.

I actually raised mine up to stock height to gain more clearance in the curves.

wstjeff2013

« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2013, 06:49:17 PM »

I Iove the look would like to see how well it handle and when all you old men was putting 60 on the back of Yall car and jacking them up in the back well that was in then

Glenncarp

« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2013, 11:27:25 PM »

Ditto x2

X3 if you want to ride it. It is a touring model, therefore it is meant to tour. if you want a bar hopper, this might be the bike. Try putting 600+ miles a day on that bike!

vrog

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2013, 06:21:58 PM »

X3 if you want to ride it. It is a touring model, therefore it is meant to tour. if you want a bar hopper, this might be the bike. Try putting 600+ miles a day on that bike!

Call Cameron and ask to borrow it for a day and put 600 miles on it. See this is what I tried to explain earlier in the thread, unless you have rode a bike with a big tire in front how can you pass fair judgement? Its really the best of both worlds. You want to bar hop with a bad ass custom bike you got it. You want to take a road trip, no problem got that covered too. Only real problem that I see with these bikes ( yes I have one ) would be if you had a tire failure. Finding one of these tires will prob be a bit harder than finder a stocker.

600+ miles in a day is no problem, myself and many others have been there done that :soapbox:

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2013, 06:51:38 PM »

^^^^^ I agree the mileage is no problem. Air the suspension back up and off you go. I still remember when putting a 21" on the front was talked about in the same way as the 23"-30" tires. IMO the 21" out handles the 16"-19" wheels. The taller tire/wheel has a quicker turn in rate and these bikes can get through the turns just fine.
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

ldireprophil

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Road Glide Custom Maple Metallic
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2013, 02:02:06 PM »

Wow thats one big tire, Cameron Jurow of Camtech Custom Baggers created this baby http://www.camtechcustom.com

I see you painted your riding lawn mower to match the bike.  Or does the razer tour pack have wheels?  WTF  lol
2012 CVO RGC / Renegade Lincoln Phantom 21-17 / RWD Fender / -2 Front -1 Rear / Bad Dad Side Covers / Andrews 54H Cams / HQ Black Ops Lifters / Heavy Breather / Cometic .030 HG / Barnett +1 Clutch / Aim 480lb Spring / ClutchWiz / Hayden M6 / D&D Fat Cat 2-1 w/UPB & Ghost Pipe / TTS MasterTune 2 / Wizard's Tune / Alpine CDE-HD149BT Head Unit / Alpine PDX-M6 Amp / Hertz HCX 690 / Hertz HSK 165 XL / Biketronics Module / Cycles Sounds Lids / Misc Little Things

braymond52

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road Glide Atomic Orange
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2013, 05:46:31 PM »

Wow thats one big tire, Cameron Jurow of Camtech Custom Baggers created this baby http://www.camtechcustom.com

Sorry, but that's just stupid looking...

skorch

• Full CVO Member
    • NC

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE tequila sunrise
    • CVO2: 2018 FLHXSE gunship Gray
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2013, 07:29:10 PM »

Awful....just sayin.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2013, 08:11:12 PM »

Call Cameron and ask to borrow it for a day and put 600 miles on it. See this is what I tried to explain earlier in the thread, unless you have rode a bike with a big tire in front how can you pass fair judgement? Its really the best of both worlds. You want to bar hop with a bad ass custom bike you got it. You want to take a road trip, no problem got that covered too. Only real problem that I see with these bikes ( yes I have one ) would be if you had a tire failure. Finding one of these tires will prob be a bit harder than finder a stocker.

600+ miles in a day is no problem, myself and many others have been there done that :soapbox:

Touring or 600 miles days is not where I see the problem.  How about tight twisty curvy mountain roads where a stock Road glide will scrape?  I do not see a bike like that being able to keep up with a stock CVO Road glide in the tight curves.  What are your thoughts?  Wouldn't you be dragging bags?  How is that big wheel going to handle curves like the Dragon, Hellbender, or moonshiner 28?

I like the big wheel look, have a 21 on my Fatboy.  Debating a 23 for my King but worried about loosing handling on the above type roads.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

ldireprophil

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Road Glide Custom Maple Metallic
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2013, 11:21:34 PM »

21 = cool.  23 = really cool. 26 = bad ass.  30 = ghetto
2012 CVO RGC / Renegade Lincoln Phantom 21-17 / RWD Fender / -2 Front -1 Rear / Bad Dad Side Covers / Andrews 54H Cams / HQ Black Ops Lifters / Heavy Breather / Cometic .030 HG / Barnett +1 Clutch / Aim 480lb Spring / ClutchWiz / Hayden M6 / D&D Fat Cat 2-1 w/UPB & Ghost Pipe / TTS MasterTune 2 / Wizard's Tune / Alpine CDE-HD149BT Head Unit / Alpine PDX-M6 Amp / Hertz HCX 690 / Hertz HSK 165 XL / Biketronics Module / Cycles Sounds Lids / Misc Little Things

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2013, 01:41:24 AM »

Following this thread... and while the look isnt for me as the bikes are all in "stance" mode for the sake of picture taking...

How does it look raised up for actual riding and throwing it through the twisties?

I like the thought of the matching agitator 21" for the front of my Maple '12, as well as some of the cool "tricks" I saw on the one pictured here.

Beyond that... with the thought of cutting the frame for trees/neck, I wouldnt go there.

maybe just my paranoia, but I wont go there... it'll make the bike one of a kind, but if the maket wanes for custom baggers, you'll never put it back to stock.

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2013, 09:29:30 AM »

I see a lot of reference to twisties and cures.... LMAO... that is what my Buell 1125R is for. In MY case I'm not trying to do everything with one bike. Stock baggers IMO suck in the corners, not nearly enough lean angle. Sure building these bikes with big wheels and stretched bags will limit some of their abilities I would never deny that. Although there is no reason they can't be ridden through the corners or for several hundred miles a day albeit not in the same manner as a stock bike. All this can be said for dumping wheel barrel loads of money into building a bagger motor another LMAO situation. The vast majority of 600CC bikes with a competent rider will walk a big old bagger with triple the CC's and weight. I do understand not everything is for everyone and I'm ok with that. Knocking another persons choice is a little off IMO.

The picture is for reference,  ;) since I'm the same rider... I'm unable to get my STOCK Bagger out to the edge of the tire like I can on my 1125R. So I say Baggers can't keep up with me in the twisties....  ;D Might as well load them up, chop them up and use them for touring bikes.... oh wait that is what they are intended for... touring not carving corners... My bad...  :huepfenlol2:
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2013, 06:38:56 PM »

I see a lot of reference to twisties and cures.... LMAO... that is what my Buell 1125R is for. In MY case I'm not trying to do everything with one bike. Stock baggers IMO suck in the corners, not nearly enough lean angle. Sure building these bikes with big wheels and stretched bags will limit some of their abilities I would never deny that. Although there is no reason they can't be ridden through the corners or for several hundred miles a day albeit not in the same manner as a stock bike. All this can be said for dumping wheel barrel loads of money into building a bagger motor another LMAO situation. The vast majority of 600CC bikes with a competent rider will walk a big old bagger with triple the CC's and weight. I do understand not everything is for everyone and I'm ok with that. Knocking another persons choice is a little off IMO.

The picture is for reference,  ;) since I'm the same rider... I'm unable to get my STOCK Bagger out to the edge of the tire like I can on my 1125R. So I say Baggers can't keep up with me in the twisties....  ;D Might as well load them up, chop them up and use them for touring bikes.... oh wait that is what they are intended for... touring not carving corners... My bad...  :huepfenlol2:

Good post, but taking the functionality out of a motorycle makes it a showpiece... now if you commute down the freeway and through very mild turns it may be fine... but watch that video where the guy flips that tricked out Street Glide because he was simply dragging parts all over the road to the point the tires lose traction with the ground.

A "competent" rider on a 600... I dont know about where you live, but here the streetbike/sportbike crowd has far more posers than "competent" riders. Any douchebag can ride a motorcycle in a straight line... the turn (or series of turns) is what separates the men from the boys.

I roadraced bikes here in the late 80's-early-90's, and all my friends at the time thought I was nuts as my Daily Rider was a 79 Shovel. We even played with it on a track day just for kicks. A big parting from the GSXR750 I was riding as a track/street bike, but fun just the same.

While the rear tire on my FLTRXSE isnt scrubbed all the way yo the edge of the tire, its pretty close as its between the B&S and the edge... makes for a fun ride behind some young'in on a 600/750/1000 in a long sweeper.

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

2012CVORG

• CVO1: "Ruby",2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra (sold)
    • CVO2: "Lucille", 2012 CVO Road Glide Custom
    • CVO3: "Sharon Jean" 2016 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2013, 08:49:21 PM »

I know big rim bikes are in style now but for me they remind me of this everytime I see a bike with large rims :

+1 on that,but each to their own......

vrog

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2013, 08:28:13 PM »

Touring or 600 miles days is not where I see the problem.  How about tight twisty curvy mountain roads where a stock Road glide will scrape?  I do not see a bike like that being able to keep up with a stock CVO Road glide in the tight curves.  What are your thoughts?  Wouldn't you be dragging bags?  How is that big wheel going to handle curves like the Dragon, Hellbender, or moonshiner 28?

I like the big wheel look, have a 21 on my Fatboy.  Debating a 23 for my King but worried about loosing handling on the above type roads.

If you want to ride real hard you can easily scrape the boards off a stock bagger. not gonna sugar coat it, this bike while having stock hd bags will not scrape. The floor board hit first. Real 4" and 6" stretched bags will scrape if ridden real hard.

You can still put it in a corner pretty hard. For those who think a bagger is a corner carver and speed demon I think they should probably ride a bike designed for that so they can see what they are really missing if they are into riding hard. These big wheel baggers are very comfortable, I promise.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.208 seconds with 22 queries.