Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9  All

Author Topic: Answers to Problems with the Navigation Interface Module Part # 76000024  (Read 56502 times)

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Answers to Problems with the Navigation Interface Module Part # 76000024
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2011, 09:03:08 PM »

I`d bend the bike looking for all them buttons. :dizzy2:

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2011, 06:18:01 AM »

Jim,

Thanks for taking the time to provide everyone with this solution.  I have read through your posts and everyone's comments, but still not quite at the confidence level I need to be.  I have a 2011 FLHTCUSE6 which came with the Road Tech 660 and a factory installed NIM.  I bought the audio cable to bridge the audio output of the 660 to the Aux input of HK radio which now provides MP3 playback.  I can pair my Blackberry 8830 to the 660 and receive phone calls by listening to the external speakers and talking into the microphone of the 660.  My service guys are telling me that in order to receive BT in my headset, I need to purchase a separate and dedicated BT module and headset.  They are obviously not aware of the Y-connector or other hardware that can be purchased.  So here's my question.  In order to utilize BT technology with my existing headset and helmet microphone, do I need to purchase the 665.., or can the Y-connector satisfy this?  If I don't want to modify any wiring, will the 665 work all by itself?  If I use the 665 and Y-connector, will this free up the Aux input and still provide MP3 playback? 

If you want to use the NIM you need to install the Y connector so that the output from the Zumo goes to both the NIM and the Auxiliary input on the radio. It sounds as if you are using the Auxiliary input now and you do not have the NIM connected. You should be able to hear any output from the radio or Zumo (the radio has to be in the Aux input mode to hear the Zumo) in your headset, check your speaker switch. Placing the switch all the way forward will route all audio to the headset and as long as the radio is in the Aux mode MP3 or phone calls from the ZUmo al well as turn prompts will come through the headset. In order to talk using the helmet microphone you will need to install an interface such as the H-D Bomm.

Jim
Ride It Like You Are Retired

hogwild11

• Screamin' Eagle
  • Riding Free and loving every minute of it!!!
    • AL

• CVO1: 2011 FLHTCUSE6
    • CVO2: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
    • CVO3: 2015 FLHTKSE
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2011, 01:52:19 PM »

Okay, I've finally got it.  I did another test last night and found that in AUX mode I can hear the caller, but can't talk.  You've stated that to do talk I need to purchase the adapter.  I'm just delighted to hear that I don't have to purchase the adapter AND the 665.  Thanks.
V&H Power Duals
Rinehart Exhaust
Rumbling Pride LED

Randy C

• Full CVO Member
  • 09 SERG Silver and Titanium Dust

• CVO1: 09 Serg Silver Titanium Dust V&H power header,TT race tuner,Fullsac 2.25 baffles,Windsvest windshield,Mustang seat,Garman 665gps,Riders claw
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2011, 12:14:31 PM »

Well I bit the bullett and bought a 665 roadtech and the hd nim,wired it myself and got everything to work with one exception,when the radio cuts out you don't hear any voice prompts from the garmin.checked the wiring for the terminals 19 and 31,Moco sent me a updated directions,everything seems to be wired correctly.This is on a 09serg,any help would be appreciated as always.
Growing old isn't for sissys and growing up  isn't an option!

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2011, 12:27:15 PM »

When the radio cuts out for the turn prompt you should see Phone/IPod in the display on the radio. When you see the display make sure you turn up the volume with the volume switch on the left bars. Also check the volume output level on the GPS and make sure it is all the way up. Just a thought.

Jim

Randy C

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 Serg Silver Titanium Dust V&H power header,TT race tuner,Fullsac 2.25 baffles,Windsvest windshield,Mustang seat,Garman 665gps,Riders claw
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2011, 02:37:05 PM »

Thanks Jim I'll try that when I get home.I didn't notice if the radio displayed Phone/Ipod or not Thank you

Randy C

• Full CVO Member

Update, If I unplug the nim connector from the y I get voice prompts and the xm or mp3 stops till directions,but nothing from radio,when I plug the nim back in the radio stops for the prompts but no voice.Moco told me I have a plain jane radio in my 32000 bike and they don't know where the other half of the 6a and 6b connector is and I should use an ultra wiring harness but it says to plug into 5a 6b also and now my neww 665 is locking up after a recent software update.Frustrated to say the least.Maybe someone who wired this into a 09serg could lend a hand.Thanks

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member

Hogwild11 you can hear phone calls, MP3, and turn directions in your helmet by selecting the helmet speakers instead of the bikes speakers. You use the speaker switch to accomplish this. If the switch is all the way forward you will be able to hear via the helmet speakers what you are now hearing through the bikes speakers. See your owner’s guide it will explain the other setting of the speaker switch.

If you want to be able to answer the phone call using your helmet mounted microphone instead of the built in microphone on the face of the Zumo then buy an H-D Bomm.

In order to hear turn prompts, MP3, XM if you have a 665 or a phone call from the Zumo you have to have the Y connector and use the Auxiliary input on the radio. You must select AUX on the radio in order to hear these audio sources from the Zumo.

If you have the NIM installed then the NIM will allow the turn prompts ONLY from the Zumo to interrupt the current audio source (such as FM, CD) playing on the radio and route the turn prompt to your speakers, or helmet depending on your speaker switch setting. The NIM will then automatically return you to the audio source you were listening to after the turn prompt finishes. With a NIM your radio does not have to be in the AUX mode of operation for you to hear the turn prompts ONLY. Even with the NIM installed if you want to be able to hear MP3, a phone call or XM if you have a 665 from your GPS then you MUST have the Y connector and be utilizing the Auxiliary Input on the front of the radio and the radio has to be in the AUX input mode.

When we talk about BT here we are referring to the radio connection between the Zumo and your cell phone. I think dealer thinks you want to go to a wireless helmet, which you can do. A wireless helmet is BT, is expensive, very expensive if you want to be able to hear the radio function’s such as FM, CB, CD as well as the Zumo turn prompts and phone calls via wireless (BT).

Jim

Randy C

• Full CVO Member

Would someone please show me the 6a and 6b connector on a 09 serg, Moco can't seem to find it either.Third day on the phone with customer service.

Randy C

• Full CVO Member

Report to moderator    Logged 

Randy C
Junior CVO Member

09 SERG Silver and Titanium Dust

United States

CVO1: 09 Serg Silver Titanium Dust V&H power header,TTS race tuner,Fullsac 2.25 baffles,Windsvest windshield,FLHS seat,Garman 660gps,Riders claw

Re: 09 SERG Stereo Wiring
« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:24:41 PM » Quote Modify Remove 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you both for your help,here's what I finally found out after a week on the phone with HD and on the HD CVO and ZUMO forums; 1 certain bikes only have half of the  6a and 6b connector 2 with the (693000023 ) you only need half 3 The directions for both the NIM and the IPOD Connector kit have the wrong wiring sequence, If you follow the directions for the Nim it will tell you if you don't have a 35 pin connector on your bike you should follow the directions for the Ipod connector harness The problem is even if the Nim directions were revised the Ipod kit wasn't thus the 2 wires don't get switched 4 the speaker switch has to be in the down position.On another note ,yes you do need the y connector to listen to XM MP3 or Gps through the speakers and yes it has to be a HD stamped zumo.Mine works great now.My new 665 zumo is now locking up and I'm waiting for a new one from HD,If it's not one thing it's another.I did notice with all the volumes turned up the xm still has a lower volume than the radio,Any suggestions on xm antenna placement would be appreciated. Thanks again

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member

With all the problems you were having Randy I was getting ready to throw your bike away....LOL :D

Glad you got it figured out, just goes to show you that persistence pays off.

I have my XM antenna mounted on top of the radio inside the fairing and it works.

Jim

garrett

i installed the nim kit in my ultra and the problem I'm having is that intermittently the nim will switch to mono phone input of the hk radio while playing xm threw the aux input and then switch back to stereo threw the aux input. i have double cked all the wiring is this a bug in the system or is there a software update from hd that will correct the problem. thanks for any help

Sandy G

Envithyx

• Senior CVO Member
  • "Summer Rain" 07/24/1963 - 07/07/2010

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3 - Cherry Red w/ Flames and Glass Eyed Skulls
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHTK - Cherry Red Sunglo / Merlot Sunglo w/ Flamin' Eagle Theme

i installed the nim kit in my ultra and the problem I'm having is that intermittently the nim will switch to mono phone input of the hk radio while playing xm threw the aux input and then switch back to stereo threw the aux input. i have double cked all the wiring is this a bug in the system or is there a software update from hd that will correct the problem. thanks for any help

Sandy G

This is a known bug, and currently there is no work around or software updates that I know of to fix it.  It is problematic as they used an audio frequency to signal the NIM to interrupt the HK radio, which is generated by the Zumo, that occurs in many different songs as well.  The only real way to avoid this problem is to use a discreate signal from the Zumo to the NIM, but I don't think that the hardware has provisions to do this, and they just managed to alter the Zumo enough to pull this accessory off.

You can minimize the amount of audio ugliness by matching your volumes, and on the highway, it really is hard to tell the difference between stereo and mono at times.

However, I feel your pain.  It bugs me to no end.  You will find that if you have MP3s on the Zumo and play them, any song that triggers the interruption, will do so every time at the exact same place.

Tip: Make sure to turn off XM when you switch to another audio source.  Even when your not listening to XM, it is still broadcasting to the NIM and it will eventually interrupt and bleed mono XM over your other audio source.

Last update I got from the Moco on this bug was that it is a known bug, shut off XM, and wait for it...  not all accessories are guaranteed to work together.  I guess expecting the NIM, Zumo, and the HK radio to work together was too much.  :nixweiss:
2009 FXSTSSE3
Custom Paint/Wild 1 Chubby Drag Bars/V&H 2-1 Big Radius/ThunderMax

2011 FLHTK
Custom Paint/Wild 1 Bagger Bars
V&H Duals w/ M. Ovals, Ness AC, PC-V Auto Tune and SEPST Base Tune
V&H ThrottlePak
SE Pro Stage III - 10.5:1, SE259E
HD Mirrors w/ LED Aux Running
HD LED Lighting: 7" w/ Bezel Trim, 4" Aux, Turn Sigs (Smk Frnt, Red Rear), Tail Light (Chrome), Fenders (Smk Frnt, Red Rear w/Brake)
Zumo 665 - Fairing Mnt - NIM
Boom Audio Spks, Amp, Bass Booster
Chromed Out

garrett

thanks for all the great info, that clears up the problem I'm having. maybe we will get lucky and hd will come up with a fix in the future :)

Sandy G

sandbagger

• South Lake Tahoe

I purchased all the components and installed the RoadTech 665 on my 2011 Ultra with the CVO dash pad.  Thanks to "Retsubldo" for his instructions and photos.  The system works excellent.

I also installed the HDBOMM (BLISSJIM) for the cell phone. I called my wife from the bike as I was riding on the freeway for a test, she thought I was parked in a parking lot.  She said she did not hear any road noise at all and that I was perfectly clear.  What a great product Jim and 1/3 the cost of the other systems.  Your advice was great and very helpful. 

The only complaint of the install, is the AUX in front of the radio.  I would make the rear modification if the warranty issue was not there.  I have had the plug pop out of the jack a few times.  This site has saved me on countless issues.

Bill
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.289 seconds with 24 queries.