Author Topic: Gloves  (Read 6053 times)

Eagle Eye

• THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Every day is a great day to ride!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUE2 Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Re: Gloves
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2012, 03:48:00 PM »

Love Gerbings and do not travel in the winter without them handy.  Wife has the vest and gloves.  I use them when she is not with me.  :2vrolijk_21:

Not cheap, but what's one's comfort worth?  :2vrolijk_21: 
Ken2
Vietnam Vet
Spec-5
Medic
US Army

lynyrd1959

• CVO1: '13 Anniversary CVO Screamin'Eagle Ultra Classic
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2012, 01:38:21 PM »

:soapbox:

I have never had heated garments before and I need them even less now than before with the fact that I now live in Southern California.  With the information that follows, however, I may get a set for me and the wife. 

"9/13/2012
Gerbing's Invests In America
Gerbing's Heated Clothing, the industry's leading manufacturer of heated clothing, gloves, socks and accessories, announces that it has opened a new factory in the U.S.

"We're bringing Jobs back to America and employing our fellow Americans," said President and CEO, Jeff Gerbing. "It's about time we started thinking of our country first, instead of just who's got the cheapest prices. And the response from our customers has been over the top. They love it, and our high loyalty rankings have shot up even more."

Mr. Gerbing spoke highly of the work force he's encountered at his factory's location in Stoneville, NC. "This area has a great textile history. And the skills and productivity of the people is second to none. Our U.S.-made products are every bit as good as what China used to make for us, and in several areas they're better. We're working on making them better in all areas."

Part of that commitment has been to go beyond just manufacturing in the U.S. It's a commitment to source all raw materials in the U.S. as well. "When I say we're going to make a product in America, that means top to bottom. Every piece of cloth, every zipper, every plug, every wire, every thread is going to be sourced from American companies." The Gerbing's owner went on to say, "That means we're helping to employ Americans at those supplier companies as well. It's win/win for us and for our country."

The process of bringing all products back to U.S. sourcing and manufacture is on a timetable. Mr. Gerbing explained, "As you can imagine, this takes a tremendous investment. Right now we're making our Heated Jacket Liners, Pant Liners and Vest Liners in North Carolina. Over the next 3-to-5 years, we're going to be investing even more and bringing our Heated Outerwear production here as well. Our gloves will also transition to the U.S. as will socks and all our accessories."

The North Carolina facility is massive, as plans for growth continue. "We're using 25,000 of an available 80,000 square feet. And there are more adjacent buildings to grow into. So our future is secure here. This is a vision I've had for years. It's just time that someone took the lead and decided that Americans should come first." - end quote.

:2vrolijk_21:

Coming back to being Made in USA, and of materials produced here in the USA?  That is incredibly fantastic news!!!  This will be on my Christmas list for SURE!!!

lynyrd1959

• CVO1: '13 Anniversary CVO Screamin'Eagle Ultra Classic
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2012, 01:53:19 PM »

btw

For ALL other non-heated gloves, I only buy Made in USA of materials produced in the USA gloves from Churchill Leather Gloves (http://www.jrcglove.com), out of Centralia, Washington, USA. 

The fingerless gloves are great for desert and summer wear (and, as it turns out, for sliding down the freeway for 50' after an old lady merges in to your right saddlebag at high speed (don't put your finger tips down while sliding)). 

The gauntlet insulated gloves work perfectly with the heated handgrips on my 110th Anniversary CVO when it is cold enough to use them.

inferno1976

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Road Glide 110th Anniversary #8
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2012, 05:48:26 PM »

Cabela's sells the same HD gloves made by Gerbling with the lithium batteries included (not separate) like HD for $149.99.  Got them on sale yesterday for $100.00!

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2012, 02:02:00 AM »

Thanks for the "tip" on the Cabela's. Bought a pair of the HD gloves on sale at the local dealer for 50% but didn't have the battery's available and they were the older model so couldn't be ordered from HD and couldn't find them online. After reading this, I went to their website and it looks like they still use those battery's so I ordered them today and hopefully I will be all set once they arrive. Great customer service from them.
Thank you!
Alan

chaos901

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2000 SE Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2008 SEUC3
    • CVO3: 2010 SEUC5
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2012, 11:21:24 AM »

Agree with the gerbing, but on the rain you really may want to consider an alternative.   

Aerostitch has some waterproof gauntlets that will go over whatever gloves that currently you have on, good for Summer, Fall, Winter.  Keeps you from messing up a pair of expensive gloves.  Have ridden all day in the rain with them on and they really do work well.   

Works for me anyway.

Eagle Eye

• THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Every day is a great day to ride!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUE2 Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2012, 02:58:32 PM »

My Gerbings T5 gloves did great in the rain this past weekend and have for the last three years.  Between the leathers, heated vest and the gloves, I was very comfortable in the cold weather well below 45 dg. 

Not sure I understand about the comments that they would degrade from being in the rain, but maybe I'm missing some detail.  Besides, Gerbing will replace any of their products for any reason, no matter where purchased, if found to be defective.  :2vrolijk_21:  (Provided it wasn't road rash or abuse.)

Hand's down, the best heated clothing on the market.

Ken2
Vietnam Vet
Spec-5
Medic
US Army

Mountainman streetbob

• Just Ride, Daily if possible, Just Ride!!!!!!!
  • Full CVO Member
  • 2012 SE7 CVO Electra Glide Ultra
    • GA

Non heated gloves?
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2012, 11:08:31 PM »

Any idea for non electric gloves in temps below 39 and above 19 ??? I decided my comfort point is 39* and no riding at all below 29* I just can't keep fingers warm.

No heated grips on the bobber. Just doesn't seem right! ;D
2012 CVO SE7 ElectraGlideUltra Cams??? PowerCommanderV Crocodile Seats, rhinehardts,xm, Ipod, Nav-Zumo...
Windscreen, driver backrest handlebars, fulsac COMING SOON

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2012, 11:10:21 PM »

Black insulated Ropers...but, that's behind a faring (without heated grips yet)
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

Thermodyne

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2012, 11:44:52 AM »

I just use some inexpensive lined Gauntlets that I got from J&P.  They keep my hands warm and they are are of surprisingly good material and workmanship.

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/114-396

I used them last week for a 3 1/2 hour run at night, with the temps in the low to mid 30's.  Hands were never the least bit cold.

Mountainman streetbob

• Just Ride, Daily if possible, Just Ride!!!!!!!
  • Full CVO Member
  • 2012 SE7 CVO Electra Glide Ultra
    • GA

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2012, 01:36:12 PM »

Thanks for the tip. I am going to try the gauntlets!
2012 CVO SE7 ElectraGlideUltra Cams??? PowerCommanderV Crocodile Seats, rhinehardts,xm, Ipod, Nav-Zumo...
Windscreen, driver backrest handlebars, fulsac COMING SOON

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2012, 12:39:32 PM »

Thanks for the tip. I am going to try the gauntlets!

I have a pair of these gauntlets and also have the heated gear. I usually never use heated gloves unless long periods in weather around 30 and under. I purchased these gauntlets http://www.ljsgroup.net/catalog3.0.html from our very own hd-dude here on the site. Just send Jim a PM and we also get a discount. Nice gloves! :2vrolijk_21:

:bananarock:
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 25 queries.