Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Wind Buffeting on '12 SEUC  (Read 9661 times)

planenut

• 1K CVO Member
  • life is short enjoy the ride
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2022 Road glide Limited Wicked orange Pearl and Blackhole
    • CVO2: 18 115 cvo limited anniversary #1068(sold)
    • CVO3: 15 cvo Limited Maroon and silver (sold)
Re: Wind Buffeting on '12 SEUC
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2012, 11:43:17 AM »

thanks  mike for the follow through,will be contacting my dealer tomarrow and I will let them know,what was the name of your dealer,that might help if the dealer maybe have a reference to go by .would not be happy if it is the wheels,I like the way they look :cherry:  8)

thanks
   Jon    :bananarock: :bananarock:
Fullsac headpipe TAb Performance 4.5 slash 2.5 baffles
SERT program   horsepower hd cam
freedom shields 13 in
Custom Dynamics full lighting Ft and rear
Soundz 6 speaker set up 1k amp
Legends Axeo ft and Revo A in rear

mikelews

« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2012, 01:37:37 PM »

Sounds like a plan. My Dealer is Mancuso Central in Houston Tx. The main number there is 713-880-5666. The Service Manager is Joel Pousan. He is very familiar with the issue and can provide all the detail needed.

It is a shame these Chisel wheels have this issue. I personally believe its a design issue around the air flow over the spoke surfaces. From the reports on this website it looks like allot of folks are experiencing this issue. I hope my findings are helpful.

Good luck and please let me know what you find out.

Alremc

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2012, 04:11:38 PM »

Sounds like a plan. My Dealer is Mancuso Central in Houston Tx. The main number there is 713-880-5666. The Service Manager is Joel Pousan. He is very familiar with the issue and can provide all the detail needed.

It is a shame these Chisel wheels have this issue. I personally believe its a design issue around the air flow over the spoke surfaces. From the reports on this website it looks like allot of folks are experiencing this issue. I hope my findings are helpful.

Good luck and please let me know what you find out.

no doubt you all have an issue with the front end but waht I am curious about is if the issue is the Chisel wheels, wouldn't all of us be experiencing the same issue? I just came off a ride yeserday running the back hill winding roads and I rode her like as if I was on my crotch rocket and she performed flawlessly  ???
Frank
2012 CVO Ultra Classic
Fullsac X-Pipe
Rhineharts 4 in Cans in black
TTS MasterTune

mikelews

« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2012, 04:52:30 PM »

Good question.
The issue on mine seemd to be most noticeable when running interstate speeds on that type of pavement. From the comments above mine, it does look like a number of folks are experiencing the simular issues. The biggest deciding factor for me was when they replaced the Chisel front wheel on mine and I went on a 2000 mile trip and no issues. Perhaps it's a particular lot/run of the wheels. Don't really know.

planenut

• 1K CVO Member
  • life is short enjoy the ride
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2022 Road glide Limited Wicked orange Pearl and Blackhole
    • CVO2: 18 115 cvo limited anniversary #1068(sold)
    • CVO3: 15 cvo Limited Maroon and silver (sold)
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2012, 01:55:26 PM »

Thanks mike for the reply,As why all the bikes don't do it and only some is a GREAT Question,I hope it is not the wheel as for a factory wheel i do like the looks of it,I talked to my dealer that the bike was bought from and they said they would call hd and get back to me.One Question for Mike is how did the ft end feel  and also in the corners.As I have said before my 2012 doesn't have that feel th 09 had.

thanks
    Jon
Fullsac headpipe TAb Performance 4.5 slash 2.5 baffles
SERT program   horsepower hd cam
freedom shields 13 in
Custom Dynamics full lighting Ft and rear
Soundz 6 speaker set up 1k amp
Legends Axeo ft and Revo A in rear

Hound Dawg

• Junior CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2012, 06:16:18 PM »

Update (Original post on this subject):

I got my '12 Orange SEUC back and the dealer performed flawlessly in replacing my seat, voltage regulator, and installing my Fullsac X pipe and tuning it with a HD Super Tuner.  Runs really well.....Like all that.

He did check the "fall-away" on the neck bearing and found it to be a bit tight.  He also found that that the rear tire had 60 lbs of pressure in it.  (Delivered that way) So those two together resulted in a pre-ride conclusion that the "buffeting" mentioned in my original post would go away. 

Well.....while improved.....she is still a bit "all over the place" on the highway around 65 mph.  It's better but still not what my previous Ultras were.  Like I said earlier it feels like I'm driving across a grated bridge.  It's as though I'm ridin a gyrscope and just a bit a movement from wind or road and the whole bike wants to "shift" or "Buffet" a bit.   The wheel makes sense....but like others....I'm bummed as I really like (love) this bike and those wheels....but as a person that plans to ride a significant amount of highway, this is a bit disappointing.  I'll have to think about my next step....as getting new wheels is such a drastic, expensive alternative....and I like the looks (alot) to boot.

I guess more to come....

Thanx for all the responses...

I'm asking myself.....should I just live with it given all the other things I like about it?  Seems kinda bad given that it's my dream CVO.

HD
Riding since '82.  Harley's since '93
'94 Dyna Wide Glide
'97 Road King
'95 Softail Custom
'00 Road king
'03 Ultra
'07 Street Glide
'12 CVO Ultra
'18 Street Glide Special
'19 CVO Limited

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2012, 08:06:31 PM »

No. You should take it back and make the dealer make the corrections to make it right. That's a CVO and it should hold the road.  My sg runs down the road perfectly and if it didn't it would be right back there.  Maybe the wheels is the problem. If it is go with another style.  The '11  ultra wheels seem to be ok.  You can't see em when you are riding anyway. Good luck. Hope things improve for ya.

mikelews

« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2012, 08:40:23 PM »

The previous person is ABSOLUTELY right. Harley needs to make it right. Make them provide a new set of wheels. It's their issue. To prove it's the wheels, have them put a different design (could be a std takeoff wheel) wheel on the bike then ride it. If it does like mine, the problem will disappear. No better way to point out that the CVO wheels are the issue.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 25 queries.