Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 2014 Limited Coolant Leak  (Read 15087 times)

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
Re: 2014 Limited Coolant Leak
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2013, 10:17:12 AM »

Two troubling points, those.
1.) If the issue is a bad clamp design, does this mean that all the clamps were changed out? Should everyone else change their clamps? Does the 'wrong' clamp being on your bike now mean that when you go top some other dealer with a leak, they're gonna say you voided your warranty because you had an unauthorized clamp on there?
Does the work order say that the tech put a non-spec clamp on ? (I would want it in writing)

2.) This seems so very unlikely; It sounds like the tech is just flat grabbing at straws. I would always prefer that someone say "I don't know" rather than throw guesses out.

The tech only replaced one clamp and yes; he did note the clamp replacement on the order. It would show in the factory system. I am not concerned, everything is working great.

I bought the bike because I love the way it runs, rides, handles, brakes and comfort. A minor issue is just that.

MrSurly

• Formidable Faux
  • Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2013, 02:02:38 PM »

I'm glad it's working for ya! I have a real itch for a '14 even though I only recently got my USE5.

Did the tech specify on the order that he used a different type of clamp than specified? I would want that noted.
Rhetorical questions, who needs 'em?

2010FLHTCUSE5
Dethroned Garage Queen, Sullied 2013

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2013, 08:46:19 PM »

I'm glad it's working for ya! I have a real itch for a '14 even though I only recently got my USE5.

Did the tech specify on the order that he used a different type of clamp than specified? I would want that noted.

The Repair Order has the following note from the tech: "Technician installed new clamp on hose and Hilmar on hose, no leaks after that point." I have had no issues following the repair.

My wife and I went for another ride today. Every time I ride the bike I am more and more impressed. I was coming off a 2007 SE Ultra so the change was dramatic. This is the first new Harley I have purchased that I feel you could accept as is, if desired. No heat issues, the engine is strong and does not ping, even when its hot outside, I could go on and on. You really must ride one to see what I am saying. I felt like the Ultra Limited fit my needs without going all the way to a CVO, the new CVO is fantastic, I just could not justify the extra twelve grand.

SteveO

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2013, 09:24:13 PM »

Here you go.....Hilmar

http://www.hilmarcheese.com/Home

Just like the poorly union built 2014 Harleys.

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2013, 10:22:09 PM »

Oh Don, they're talking about your home town.

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2013, 11:46:32 PM »

Here you go.....Hilmar

http://www.hilmarcheese.com/Home

Just like the poorly union built 2014 Harleys.

So that is what they did??? stuffed some Hilmar cheese into the hose! Might smell when it gets hot
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 25 queries.