Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Tour Pack Bags??  (Read 17047 times)

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
Re: Tour Pack Bags??
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2012, 08:45:44 PM »

I use one that was made for a four-wheeler front rack. Tough as nails, built in rainfly, on and off easy. What more could you ask for?
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2019 FLHRXS Road Kind Special
    • KY

• CVO1: 2019 FLHRXS Road King Special (not a cvo)
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2012, 10:06:23 PM »

Wow!

T-bags web site is gone! I can't find any factory site? I wonder if they went under. I own a couple t-bags and they are high quality and very functional. You would be amazed at how mush stuff I put in the small back pak I bought. So did the bad economy kill T-bag?   FACE

2019 FLHRXS Road King Special
2016 FLSS Softail Slim Special
2009 CVO Road Glide FLTRSE3
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
2001 Chrome Yellow & vivid Black FXDL
1985 Candy Red FXRS
1955 Triumph T110 Tiger chopper built by me!

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2019 FLHRXS Road Kind Special
    • KY

• CVO1: 2019 FLHRXS Road King Special (not a cvo)
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2012, 11:46:56 PM »

I decided to go with the T-bag Dakota. I shopped around and found this great price of $206.99 and free shipping! They have one left if anyone is interested. Next closest price is $125.   FACE

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/49/84/265/1003/-/-/174473/T-Bags-Dakota-Motorcycle-Bag

2019 FLHRXS Road King Special
2016 FLSS Softail Slim Special
2009 CVO Road Glide FLTRSE3
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
2001 Chrome Yellow & vivid Black FXDL
1985 Candy Red FXRS
1955 Triumph T110 Tiger chopper built by me!

North Star

• CANADA- Love it or Leave it
  • 1K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide- Orange/Black
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monter 821- Star White
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2012, 10:33:30 PM »

This is what I use, and really like it.  It is a T bags space saver, comes with rain cover.  Velcro's on. 90 dollars

When I start on a trip it's empty, takes little space.  Then after a week at sturgis and another at yellowstone and such, it is pretty much full of souvenirs, tee shirts and such.

x 2- that's what I'm looking at getting once I get my TP rack. I like the fact it's super light, and collapsible so that you can fit it easily in a saddlebag when your not using it.

I actually thought I was going to go with the T Bags Accordian (same as the Space Saver, but smaller), which fits the HD contoured TP rack, but I ordered one, and it is much smaller than I thought.

So, I realized if I want a bigger bag, I'll need to get the HD Airwing rack instead. I'm only going to use it for long trips, so I figure I can unscrew and remove the rack when not in use.

Sorry, a bit of thread jack.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 10:35:42 PM by North Star »
2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide- Electric Orange/Vivid Black
GMR 113", GMR 600 cams, Fullac DX & Kuryakyn Crushers, SE Heavy Breather, tuned by "Dyno Dave" Stoddart
Jagg 10 row fan assisted oil cooler
Axeo Legends/Ohlins 3-3/True Track front and rear
C&C Fastback seat w/orange flame stitching & a Le Pera Maverick
PYO Monkey Bars- 10"
Freedom Shields 12" light grey
Hawg Wired "six pack"amp/speakers, Iron Cross ipod interface
HD Daymaker headlights
Detachable King Tour Pak in Electric Orange

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2012, 10:16:51 PM »

How about for the rack that came on Camel Hump of 06/07?  My good old expandable HD rack bag won't fit properly on that rack. What are the 06/07 Ultra owners using?
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2012, 12:59:19 PM »

How about for the rack that came on Camel Hump of 06/07?  My good old expandable HD rack bag won't fit properly on that rack. What are the 06/07 Ultra owners using?

Mark...on my '06, I found the Road Ready Medium rack bag to be a nice fit for the smaller rack, and it's a totally waterproof bag without the need for a raincover.

I see they've expanded their line a bit, but I'm 99% sure it was the RBM model, and it fit perfectly.  http://www.roadreadybags.com/touringrackbags.html

It'll hold as much stuff as you need to be putting up there...I used to fill it with things I wanted immediate access to (mostly the BSR's stuff), and then strap an OR (Outdoor Research) stuff sack on top with our rainsuits. The outside pockets are handy on it as well.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 01:03:22 PM by Midnight Rider »
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

sleepybare

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 CVO ULTRA
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2012, 01:50:28 PM »

I ride a 07 and have found that the Kuryakyn roll bag model 4142 works great. It is large enough to put my leathers in but normally it is used by my wife for her travel gear saving the main tour pack for the heavier items we carry.  It actually fits on the rack and is easily attached with the Velcro strips provided. It also comes with a rain cover and a cable lock.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2012, 06:47:26 PM »

I ride a 07 and have found that the Kuryakyn roll bag model 4142 works great. It is large enough to put my leathers in but normally it is used by my wife for her travel gear saving the main tour pack for the heavier items we carry.  It actually fits on the rack and is easily attached with the Velcro strips provided. It also comes with a rain cover and a cable lock.

That's a good choice as well...I've used both on the '06 I used to have.  Both have advantages and disadvantage, but neither's disadvantages make much difference.  The upside to the Road Ready is that it is truly waterproof without a cover.  The downside is that it is not a hard shelled bag, but rather has stiff foam sides, bottom, and top to help keep it's shape when not full.  Either one is a good choice... :2vrolijk_21:
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

East Coast

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond/Crimson - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Hard Candy / Smokey Quartz - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2024 FLTRXSTSE Golden White Pearl
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2012, 09:26:26 PM »

I saw one of these at Americade this year, can't beat it for the price.

www.exigentbikecovers.com

Luggage Rack Tourpak Bag
Waterproof
4 Snaps on each side for easy installation
Overall 20" x 10"
Center compartment with 2 side compartments--Covered zippers with velcro closure
Carry Handle

$39.00 each
plus shipping

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2015, 10:18:15 PM »

I've had the Deker Supreme, Kuryakn Gran Tourer and several others mentioned.  They all have nice features.....one even had a handle and wheels.

But riding long distances I quickly learned a couple of things......I pack so much of the creature comforts that I need the lightest bag possible.  I also sometimes buy odd shaped things and the luggage that has a shape or form type frame just makes anything other than clothes hard to pack. 

I just keep going back to the first tour pack bag model that I first bought maybe fifteen years ago.  This is my second one of that model.  It is water resistant (I think one corner my clothes got damp in a really driving rain that I got stuck in for hours) and the great thing is that the bottom has a zipper that goes all the way around and it actually expands another 3" taller than what you see in this pic.

An added safety feature......it has a large reflective strip that goes all the way across the back so you can't be missed at night.  It has four very large (wide) velcro straps plus an adjustable strap that I loop through the tour pack rack before fastening, just as an added safety feature. :2vrolijk_21:
Looking for this same tour pack top bag again.  It was Harley Davidson Part # 91753-92.  I would definately consider a used one, provided it's not damaged.

Here's another view......  http://www.surdyke.com/AdvPartInfo.asp?PartNumber=91753-92
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 10:21:16 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2015, 10:37:34 PM »

This is the one I use, fits the luggage rack like a glove.  Believe they were made for Gold wings originally. Picked it up new years ago from a guy for $40.00, liked it because it fit so well.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 24 queries.