Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: M%&*% F%*(I&)g FXR horn  (Read 2444 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
M%&*% F%*(I&)g FXR horn
« on: June 17, 2019, 04:43:50 PM »

So we all know that FXR horns are a pain in the ass to get to.  Ok, we probably all don't so many weren't riding back when FXRs were being built or never had one.  But, yes, FXR horns are a pain in the ass to get to.

Mine had stopped working.  So, I says to myself, "there's no front crash bar, let's just mount a Springer horn up on that front bolt hole."  So $47 later there's a nice aftermarket Springer horn and a chrome bracket to mount it on brought the nice postal lady that comes here. 

It mounts fine, but it's just too large for the area.  Offends any sense of proportion.  Looks like someone hung Roseanne's butt on a third grader.  So, next, I think to myself, "it's all black up there anyway, just some generic universal black little horn from the parts store."  Half hour and $20 later the new horn and I are back.  Much better proportion.  Get it mounted and it completely blends in. 

So, next, I think to myself, "any chance of grabbing the stock wires with my long forceps reaching under the oil tank?"  If so that would be convenient.  Grab the forceps and a flashlight and look in that deep dark hole beneath the oil tank.  Gawda&%it.  Stock horn has come unplugged.  Can barely reach in with the long forceps, grab it, plug it back on.  Beep beep.  Works fine.

Anyone need some spare horns?

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
Re: M%&*% F%*(I&)g FXR horn
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2019, 07:40:25 PM »

First world problem?  :huepfenlol2:  Glad you got it worked out.

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Page created in 0.676 seconds with 25 queries.