Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Interesting Road Experiences While Riding!  (Read 7881 times)

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
Interesting Road Experiences While Riding!
« on: April 10, 2004, 01:33:52 AM »

It was a cool evening, and I decided to head thru the town of Manchester, NH. It's usually much too crowded in the daytime...but it was late and there were only a few cars on the road. So I proceeded thru town and came upon a stop light with a left turn signal. Behind me pulls one of those tricked out street racer cars, you know like the ones you see on Fast and Furious. Light turns green and I accelerate thru a gently sweeping left turn and they match my speed maintaining the distance we had while at the light. As I'm working my way from second to third getting on it a bit as I was conscious of the fact that they were closer than I'd really like them to be, and I didn't want to lag between gears, they felt the need to immediately pass me on the right and then move right back in front of me, and after they made their point....they moved back over to the right so they could make a right hand turn on the street they really wanted! I'd say 17-20 year olds at best. No testosterone challenge here! Those punks certaily would/could have responded with much more bold maneuvers had I puffed out my chest! Like I'm gonna go "Oh yeah!" on my little pretty ol' deuce! I ain't stupid! I can only imagine what they were saying in the car at the stop light "Hey, look at that ^%$#(@ harley guy there lets...."
« Last Edit: April 10, 2004, 01:35:20 AM by psychodeuce »

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Interesting Road Experiences While Riding!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2004, 10:19:17 AM »

went on a run for  killed in line of duty,s police officers familys,saturday the police had road and lane closed (cycles only) from san jose to holister 4000 bikes. got split up from my buddy -got out of line asked cop if i could catch up with him  cop said go for it hit 110mph  down hy 101  for 2miles in  slow lane  no cars on freeway pack 4000+ in fast lane  police every where on and off duty  waveing as i when by= thats a first-ak
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2004, 07:41:06 PM »

went on a run for
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 06:40:31 PM »

What ever happened to Psycho?   He really was a funny guy! :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

kiwihog

• KIWIHOG
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE Rio Red & Black
    • CVO2: 2007 FXSTDi NON CVO
    • CVO3: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 09:17:38 PM »

Harley truck run 2003 was a great run put on by Jay Leno he has the 1st Ford Harley F150 off the assembly line think its a 2000 we had 200 Trucks approx and more that that on 2 wheels drove down PCH and up into the canyon roads east of Malibu all the way we had Police stopping traffic at each intersection so we wouldnt get split up even forcing people pulling into line with us to pull over and wait WOW never seen that before . as we went past the rock shop my wife and I needed to take a BRB so pulled into a Shell gas station on the other side of the road then just as we got to the door there was a screech of brakes and a chilling  crash ..yep one of the trucks had followed us to the gas station and had nailed a police officer as he was speeding past to get to the next intersection he had some broken bones and stuff but seemed in good spirits we got back on the road and into line again and maybe 15-20 minutes later right on Sunset blvd some guy in a raised up Bronco got impatient and tried to shoot the gap only to take out another cop as he cleared the line the cop had no way of avoiding him another one hauled off in an ambulance they were swarming all over the Bronco checking lift height and all that stuff for legality I guess all in all it was a great day Eddie Money at the Veterans hospital other than the 2 cops going down fortunately they were ok . Their bikes were wrecked fortunately they were BMWs probably would have missed both accidents if they were Harleys  ;D . Not sure what happens to people when they get into their cars seems like most of it is they have been told by their parents that they are special, and once behind the wheel they go into their own little world and forget that there are others that are just as special as them.
Things I have had to buy because of this site 2.0 fullsac baffles, PV tuner, glare polish, floorboard extn, clearview w/shield, locking lower doors, motorcycle armour, bass ports in tourpac, Iron aces mount for Power Vision Tuner V&H Power duals
and not close to finished!!!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 10:30:46 PM »

Harley truck run 2003 was a great run put on by Jay Leno he has the 1st Ford Harley F150 off the assembly line think its a 2000 we had 200 Trucks approx and more that that on 2 wheels drove down PCH and up into the canyon roads east of Malibu all the way we had Police stopping traffic at each intersection so we wouldnt get split up even forcing people pulling into line with us to pull over and wait WOW never seen that before . as we went past the rock shop my wife and I needed to take a BRB so pulled into a Shell gas station on the other side of the road then just as we got to the door there was a screech of brakes and a chilling  crash ..yep one of the trucks had followed us to the gas station and had nailed a police officer as he was speeding past to get to the next intersection he had some broken bones and stuff but seemed in good spirits we got back on the road and into line again and maybe 15-20 minutes later right on Sunset blvd some guy in a raised up Bronco got impatient and tried to shoot the gap only to take out another cop as he cleared the line the cop had no way of avoiding him another one hauled off in an ambulance they were swarming all over the Bronco checking lift height and all that stuff for legality I guess all in all it was a great day Eddie Money at the Veterans hospital other than the 2 cops going down fortunately they were ok . Their bikes were wrecked fortunately they were BMWs probably would have missed both accidents if they were Harleys  ;D . Not sure what happens to people when they get into their cars seems like most of it is they have been told by their parents that they are special, and once behind the wheel they go into their own little world and forget that there are others that are just as special as them.

I remember!  I was Director of the Nor Cal Harley Truck Club......we all caravaned down to the air base to hook up with Jay Leno.  Then we were in the caravan to the VA hospital.  I was just a few trucks back when the second accident happened.....that officer was really lucky.  Later, at the VA hospital I heard it was just a broken leg.

Does the picture of Jay and I look familiar?

How about our truck club......  http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/3458332

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/slideshow/1670411

More faded memories.....my 02 Ultra Classic and my 02 Harley F-150 in a model shoot.....    http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/slideshow/3426644

West Coast GTG   

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 10:48:03 PM »

I was at the hd shop lookin the bikes over and two cute girls come in. One says i want a free tshirt and the other says me too! Well i didnt know it but they had free shirt policy for the gals and all they had to do was take off the old and put on the new! The owner says hold on and calls the mechanics up front so they could witness it too. I was finally at the right place at the right time. Sorry no pics :orange:

Wrongway

• Stop Following Me!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • What A Beautiful Mess I'm In......
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE Burgundy Blaze/Typhoon Maroon aka Mongo
    • CVO2: Gone:2005 FLHTCSE2 Cherry, Teal, 2006 FLHTCUSE Crimson
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2012, 08:59:09 AM »

I was at the hd shop lookin the bikes over and two cute girls come in. One says i want a free tshirt and the other says me too! Well i didnt know it but they had free shirt policy for the gals and all they had to do was take off the old and put on the new! The owner says hold on and calls the mechanics up front so they could witness it too. I was finally at the right place at the right time. Sorry no pics :orange:

Where are your manors Van???    WHERE IS THIS DEALER??

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2012, 08:22:37 PM »

Where are your manors Van???

Dave, I think Van meant "girls" could get a free Harley T-Shirt.  You might have better luck trying to get a free shirt from Folsom!  :nixweiss:
Semper Fi
Get your "Motor Running Head", out on the highway!

What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men

Wrongway

• Stop Following Me!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • What A Beautiful Mess I'm In......
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE Burgundy Blaze/Typhoon Maroon aka Mongo
    • CVO2: Gone:2005 FLHTCSE2 Cherry, Teal, 2006 FLHTCUSE Crimson
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2012, 08:49:20 PM »

Dave, I think Van meant "girls" could get a free Harley T-Shirt.  You might have better luck trying to get a free shirt from Folsom!  :nixweiss:

Damn Don, always one to ruin my vision....I was wanting to camp out in the lingerie section with my camera. Well I guess plan "B" is in order, going to Sizzler and check out the oldies but goodies when the home let's them out for the evening.

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2012, 09:26:45 PM »

The scary part was that the hd shop was about 2blocks from the high school and i dont think thos guys had an age requirement.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2012, 09:29:01 PM »

The scary part was that the hd shop was about 2blocks from the high school and i dont think thos guys had an age requirement.
:shocked2: Ok... maybe I don't want to know what dealership that was. :nervous:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2012, 10:31:09 PM »

This was one of the weirder road experiences I've had since was old enough that such experiences weren't enhanced in any way.  Think I remember this being in West Virginia, but not sure.  Was in the right lane and just starting to change lanes to go around this truck.  Then the truck probably blew a left front tire.

It darted to the left in front of me and I zigged back right.  The truck went way left and hit the center divider on the end of the bridge.  That divider angled back toward the road bed.  The truck t-boned in to it and the cab and drive train catapulted off.  I watched this thing in my left mirror chasing me across the bridge!  There was pieces flying all over the place.

Turned around and was first person back to the cab.  Driver was a little shook up but otherwise completely unharmed.  Shook the cobs out and a few minutes later was walking the debris field with the look on his face of the walking dead.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2012, 10:32:40 PM »

Rest of the truck went down here.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2012, 01:41:43 AM »

Damn Don, always one to ruin my vision....I was wanting to camp out in the lingerie section with my camera. Well I guess plan "B" is in order, going to Sizzler and check out the oldies but goodies when the home let's them out for the evening.

That'll damn sure get you a free shirt at Folsom.....with a personal number right over the pocket.

West Coast GTG   

hogasm

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2012, 08:24:11 AM »

:shocked2: Ok... maybe I don't want to know what dealership that was. :nervous:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

You have seen more at the college :huepfenlol2:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2012, 09:11:14 AM »

You have seen more at the college :huepfenlol2:
Yea... but they are over 18. ;) :D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2012, 11:32:43 PM »

So im riding behind a big truck and i see what looks like smoke coming from one side of the trailer. I think i better pay attention because last time i was ducking chunks of rubber. I get a little closer and i realize its just water spilling out as he rounded the curve. I get real close and the i figure out it a whole load of cattle and it was cow piss spilling out!  GROSS!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2012, 11:38:09 PM »

So im riding behind a big truck and i see what looks like smoke coming from one side of the trailer. I think i better pay attention because last time i was ducking chunks of rubber. I get a little closer and i realize its just water spilling out as he rounded the curve. I get real close and the i figure out it a whole load of cattle and it was cow piss spilling out!  GROSS!

First two rules of riding Van.

1) Don't be the bike behind the car that hits the skunk.
2) Don't ride behind livestock trailers.

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2012, 08:42:05 PM »

First two rules of riding Van.

1) Don't be the bike behind the car that hits the skunk.
2) Don't ride behind livestock trailers.
I
And don't stop at a light next to a truck carring bee hives  :o

Sklywag

• 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 09 Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: 06 CVO Ultra - Sold
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2012, 08:55:12 PM »

How would you know that Roger?
Bill (Sklywag)
  There are too many roads for one lifetime...

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2012, 10:22:28 PM »

I
And don't stop at a light next to a truck carring bee hives  :o

Oh chit have you done that one Roger?  That's one I never thought of.  Rode chest first in to a big assed bee or hornet or some other angry yellow flying asshole once.  Between my jacket, his kinetic loss on impact and my dancing like a little girl on the footpads while beating the crap out of my chest there wasn't enough left of him to really know for sure.  But a whole herd of the little buggers is scary.

Vulcanaft

• Full CVO Member
    • WI

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2012 SEUC (Sold)
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2012, 11:40:34 PM »

I think it's time to check your jacket.

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2012, 11:42:26 AM »

Yes I have. Luckily it was a cool morning and I was fully leathered up. It was reminiscent of a 70's "B" movie. Seemed like milions of them with no way to get around the flatbed. In reality there were only a few dozen of them on me and the bike, but I was freeking out to say the least. Once the truck turned they up and followed and I wasn't stung. Lots of cars with their windows up pointing at me though. I am supprised the trucks don't have to be netted.
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.383 seconds with 25 queries.