Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: love jug fans anyone using them?  (Read 7939 times)

T-Roy

• Elite CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road King - Traded In
    • CVO2: 2019 Indian Chieftain Limited
Re: love jug fans anyone using them?
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2015, 05:44:20 PM »

They actually come with a plug on them that plugs into the accessory plug under the seat. So if you don't have anything plugged into it and if that plug still exists on the 2015 bikes you will be golden.

supertechal

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2015, 06:52:10 PM »

Yes the plug is there I will plug the auxiliary harness into it and then run it to my fans so I can just toggle them on and off as needed
Any day above ground is a good day!

skorch

• Full CVO Member
    • NC

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE tequila sunrise
    • CVO2: 2018 FLHXSE gunship Gray
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2015, 07:07:45 PM »

Also running the wards fans-love them!

WVHoop

• Full CVO Member
  • 2012FLHXSE3

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus Antique Gunstock, Screamin' Eagle Pro Super Tuner,V&H True Duals, Turn Down Slip Ons, Windsplitter Windscreen, Mustang Solo Seat, AK-20's, Penske Shocks, WO 575's
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2015, 12:40:20 PM »

I have Wards Parts Werks fans & I really like them, they work really well, are thermostatically controlled & in my opinion much more pleasing to the eye than the overly large love jug fans!!

supertechal

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2015, 09:06:07 PM »

I like the looks of the ward fans but being that small do they actually cool the engine down

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2015, 09:37:08 PM »

You need to go to Wards webpage and read the information  there. I compared them to the others when I bought mine. The luv ones, to me, are so ugly I would just as soon the bike got hot. But blade size does not make a fan more efficient alone. The Wards do move massive amounts of air, the sensor is easy to install and they wire up to the aux plug. Once on, you just forget them, they come on when the need to run and go off when not. If you try to operate them manually you will let the bike get to hot before starting them and it is nice to get off and walk away from the hot bike knowing they will help cool it and then shut off by themselves. Ward tries to start the cooling process prior to it being hot and keep it there. Luv deals may work great, But in my opinion they are not in the league of Mr Ward's.

Kingspoke

• 2012 CVO Ultra FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire/Stardust
  • Senior CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUSE - Wicked Sapphire/Stardust Silver
    • CA

• CVO1: 12 FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire/Stardust Silver
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2015, 01:05:05 AM »

Good explanation of the EITMS and how to disable.

Dragula 2-1, TTS Mastertune, SE 585+4, S&S prem. lifters & adj pushrods, 106hp/117tq, Chubby 577's, Ohlins HD159 & FKC-101 fork cartridge, LSR stealth 10" dark tint, Billet Boy LED tail lite, Kury LED turn signals, Air Wing tour rack LED, HD Siren II w/pager, CD LED front signals, OPT7 LED driving & headlight, Kicker KSC674 tourpack speakers.

supertechal

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2015, 07:07:23 AM »

I have seen this video already thanks for your help and I will check out the info on ward fans website and compare the fans.love jugs just came out with a smaller version fan I think they said 15 % smaller.

T-Roy

• Elite CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road King - Traded In
    • CVO2: 2019 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2015, 09:58:10 AM »

I have seen this video already thanks for your help and I will check out the info on ward fans website and compare the fans.love jugs just came out with a smaller version fan I think they said 15 % smaller.

The Love Jugs that I had installed on my bike in Sturgis are the smaller version of them but they actually throw more air than the larger ones. Also, the power switch on them is hidden better and looks much better than the older version.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2015, 10:29:41 AM »

I have a question for anyone who intends to purchase either the Love Jugs or Wards fans for a 2014 or later Twin Cooled bike.  Have you actually determined that your water cooled heads are still running too hot, or are you just jumping in with both feet based on stories from folks with the air cooled bikes?  I'm more of a "do testing first to determine if you really have a problem" kind of guy, versus a "just believe all the internet BS and advertising" kind of guy, so I think I would monitor the actual head temperatures with the stock setup before wasting money on something I didn't need.  Now that we've cleared up the misconception about the EITMS on Twin Cooled bikes that probably caused folks to think the heads were still running too hot, I think the smart approach is to see what temps those heads are actually running at with the stock setup and the EITMS turned off.

JMHO - Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2015, 01:58:14 PM »

I agree with Jerry, Do you really need the fans on a water head bike? I had them on my 09 SERG, but I would not buy them for my 15 RGU. My bike just does not seem to be hot enough to even think about it. I still have the cat and all is well. My SERG would actually burn your upper rt leg sitting in traffic prior to the pipe replace, TTS, tune and fans. New bike in the first year has not been a problem in this area at all.

supertechal

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2015, 08:04:23 AM »

I will check the head temp first chance I get with the ETMS disabled and report back with my results
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 24 queries.