Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Step by step cam install?  (Read 6751 times)

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
Re: Step by step cam install?
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2010, 11:32:37 AM »

If you're just doing the cams and nothing else, I'd get some adjustable pushrods and eliminate removing the heads.  Saves you a lot of work for the price of the pushrods.
Installing cams does not require head removal to reuse the stock solid pushrods. On the 07 and older baggers, pulling the stock tank is a pain in the ass.
The fuel crossover was about impossible to remove with out spilling some fuel even after you drained the tank. This is not the case on the 08 and newer Baggers.
I just recieved a 2011 CVO Ultra in for a Stage II Woods 555 kit. I pulled the seat and tank in less than 10 minutes while I talked to the customer. The tank was full and I didn't spill a drop. 10 minutes later I had the the rocker covers off, rockers flipped, and the stock pushrods in my hands with out the use of bolt cutters. If the debate is about performance, a heavier, non solid pushrod is not something you would ever chose over a solid, lighter, more reliable part. A part that came with your engine that you already own.There's a reason even Harley sells solid pushrods in different lenghts. Some people demand the the best most reliable pushrods. Performance and reliability is the angle I'm coming from. The typically old school Harley mechanic has been using quick install adjustable pushrods for years to ease the pain of the old style tank removal. And as always, there's money involved in providing these mechanical cures of inconvenience. Its an old industry and I realize old habits don't die easy even though some of them need to. The argument that the adjustables save a substantial amount of labor by not pulling the tank on these 08 and later Baggers is total BS.

Steve George
Fullsac Performance
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 06:47:08 PM by Fullsac Perf »
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2010, 12:06:27 PM »

Can't agree more, right on.

Fireguy

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road glide. Traded
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited Sold
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2010, 05:26:32 PM »

I like this guy.  :2vrolijk_21:

TimBone

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2010, 07:08:54 PM »

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2010, 07:44:06 PM »

If you're just doing the cams and nothing else, I'd get some adjustable pushrods and eliminate removing the heads.  Saves you a lot of work for the price of the pushrods.

Plus it may not rattle when it gets hot...
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 22 queries.