Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: 2015 CVO Street Glide--Stereo/Amp  (Read 16304 times)

Rkw

2015 CVO Street Glide--Stereo/Amp
« on: February 10, 2015, 10:22:35 PM »

Has anyone had issues with the stereo/amp cutting out on occasion, reducing the sound to a very faint sound as if someone unplugged a cord from a speaker on your home stereo.

It happens infrequently, but has occurred at least a dozen times in the first 1600 miles of ownership. It lasts for only a few seconds, and then everything returns to normal.

15CVOSG

• Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2015 CVO FLHXSE (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO FLHXSE3 (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2011 CVO FLHXSE2 (SOLD)
Re: 2015 CVO Street Glide--Stereo/Amp
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 12:16:28 AM »

sounds like you need to bring it in to dealer for a radio update.....got my bike in Jan, 2015 and since it was built to this month ... there were 2 updates...no issues but updated none the less

CVOSGJoe

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 11:43:08 PM »

Sounds to me your GPS is activated with the Volume turned down and occasionally giving voice prompts... Next time it does it immediately increase volume and see if it is prompting you, or go into your GPS and see if a route is active

Good Luck
'17 CVO Street Glide w/117 kit.. more mods to come
SOLD-'15 CVO Street Glide. H.C. Mercury Mods are: FM 2-1-2 ceramic header, E-Series FM slip-ons, PV-2, 110 tweaked by Fuel Moto, Detachable Tour-Pak, Heated Seat & Grips and the list goes on....

trahog

• Elite CVO Member
  • Living life
    • FL

• CVO1: 2000 screaming eagle road glide
    • CVO2: 2005 screaming eagle v-rod 2009 cvo road Glide 2011cvo street glide
    • CVO3: 2015 cvo street glide
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 07:29:58 PM »

mine is doing the same thing and I have the latest upload.Only I have to turn the bike off and back on to get volume to work

trahog

• Elite CVO Member
  • Living life
    • FL

• CVO1: 2000 screaming eagle road glide
    • CVO2: 2005 screaming eagle v-rod 2009 cvo road Glide 2011cvo street glide
    • CVO3: 2015 cvo street glide
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 07:31:58 PM »

mine is only doing it with the avc on which does not work correctly either,so I decided to ride one day with it  turned off no problems ,turn it on to two bars and cut out  3 different times in about 60 mile ride

dgreen1069

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2015, 07:15:58 PM »

I had the Stage II speakers installed a little over a week ago and have noticed the same issue.  At or near max volume, the front speakers will cut out momentarily.  I've also noticed what I think it clipping with some songs at that volume.  I could be wrong, but I think the clipping may be triggering the cutouts.  Another member who just installed the system (CreeseHD) posted yesterday that he has the same issue.  JM Audio tested a stage II system and noted in another forum that theirs would also cut out momentarily.

I was very curious if those of you with the CVO Street Glide were having this issue.  Looks like we all might be in the same boat.

Rkw

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2015, 07:33:05 PM »

@DGreen: I didn't know the term, but you are spot on-Clipping. I usually max out my volume, and it appears to occur with a few songs off my IPOD Nano (older model)--as if an amp blew out momentarily.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clipping_%28audio%29

dgreen1069

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2015, 07:48:27 PM »

Regarding the clipping....to me it sounds like the speakers are clicking a bit right before it cuts out.  LOL, it's hard to tell for sure because I'm being deafened in my garage trying to replicate the issue. 

Someone pointed out that the problem doesn't surface when the AVC is turned off.  I'm not sure that's true, but AVC could absolutely make the problem worse by pushing speakers and amps that are already at 100% capacity over the edge.  I think the quickest fix it to listen for the clipping and turn down the volume slightly before the amp starts cutting in and out.  With any luck, Harley will update the programming for the amps to turn down the gains just a tad.  Doing that would probably fix the problem.

Have any of you guys had other aftermarket systems in your bikes?  How does the Stage II system compare to the likes of Arc amps Biketronics amps, aftermarket speakers (Focal, Polk, Infinity, Hertz, etc.)?

15CVOSG

• Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2015 CVO FLHXSE (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO FLHXSE3 (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2011 CVO FLHXSE2 (SOLD)
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2015, 09:12:36 PM »

no issues with mine...l play almost all the time between 80% and full volume and have not noticed anything other than awesome audio ....very happy with it...

CreeseHD

• Junior CVO Member
    • MO

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited Jupiter Blue / Wicked Sapphire
    • CVO2: 2007 Suzuki M109R Limited, still in the stable
    • CVO3: 2013 Road King CVO Crushed Sapphire - Traded
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2015, 09:16:35 PM »

I will have my bike back to the dealer by the end of the week.  As mentioned, dgreen and I have discussed this at length.  You would think that some of the bikes it was originally installed on (CVOSG) wouldn't have the same issue.  Almost makes me want to give up. Hopefully, Harley comes out with an update to cure the problem...  :confused5:

2014 CVO Limited SE Jupiter Blue / Wicked Sapphire. Mods: TTS Tuner, FullSac DX Headers, 4" Rinehart Slip On's, SE Extreme Ventilator A/C, Chrome Laser Heat Shield, HD Lower 2.5" Daymaker Reflector LED Fogs, Custom Dynamics LED front and Rear Turn Signals, Adj Hwy Pegs, Split Vision Mirrors, Boom Shorty Antenna's, SoftBrake Brake & footboard Ext, CD Accent LED's, 10" LA Chopper Twin Peaks Bars, 9" LRS Dark Tint

Philip

• CVO1: 2017 Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2015 Street Glide
    • CVO3: 2010 Street Glide
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2015, 09:21:36 PM »

Mine will cut out when using iTunes or iTunes radio. Haven't had issues when on radio. Sat is terrible due to the location of the antenna, but can't do anything about that. Software updates can be done via the owners download option on HD web site..
2017 CVO Street Glide (Current)
2015 CVO Street Glide
2010 CVO Street Glide
2009 Softail Rocker

CVOSGJoe

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2015, 09:52:39 AM »

Mine will cut out when using iTunes or iTunes radio. Haven't had issues when on radio. Sat is terrible due to the location of the antenna, but can't do anything about that. Software updates can be done via the owners download option on HD web site..

Some have actually relocated the Sat antenna to on the top of the inner fairing opposite your Vent switch.  I did it on my SGS and it seemed to improve signal some, not great but some.  Somewhere I saw where a dealership is doing to bikes as well.
SOLD-'15 CVO Street Glide. H.C. Mercury Mods are: FM 2-1-2 ceramic header, E-Series FM slip-ons, PV-2, 110 tweaked by Fuel Moto, Detachable Tour-Pak, Heated Seat & Grips and the list goes on....

CVOSGJoe

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2015, 09:56:09 AM »

Regarding the clipping....to me it sounds like the speakers are clicking a bit right before it cuts out.  LOL, it's hard to tell for sure because I'm being deafened in my garage trying to replicate the issue. 

Someone pointed out that the problem doesn't surface when the AVC is turned off.  I'm not sure that's true, but AVC could absolutely make the problem worse by pushing speakers and amps that are already at 100% capacity over the edge.  I think the quickest fix it to listen for the clipping and turn down the volume slightly before the amp starts cutting in and out.  With any luck, Harley will update the programming for the amps to turn down the gains just a tad.  Doing that would probably fix the problem.

Have any of you guys had other aftermarket systems in your bikes?  How does the Stage II system compare to the likes of Arc amps Biketronics amps, aftermarket speakers (Focal, Polk, Infinity, Hertz, etc.)?

So I installed a Arc Audio Mini 125.2 BX with Focal 165 KRC on my SGS and I have to say the new boom ll is very close to the same quality as the Focal's   I miss my setup for there were no real issues with it and maybe a bit crisper in sound, but I am not about to tear out the Boom ll on my CVO..... Yet!!!

dgreen1069

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2015, 10:04:17 AM »

So I installed a Arc Audio Mini 125.2 BX with Focal 165 KRC on my SGS and I have to say the new boom ll is very close to the same quality as the Focal's   I miss my setup for there were no real issues with it and maybe a bit crisper in sound, but I am not about to tear out the Boom ll on my CVO..... Yet!!!

I've heard a couple of guys say that.   How does your system sound on the road?  Mine doesn't sound as good as my stock system on the highway and I can't figure out why.

CVOSGJoe

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2015, 07:40:25 PM »

I've heard a couple of guys say that.   How does your system sound on the road?  Mine doesn't sound as good as my stock system on the highway and I can't figure out why.
Well if you're not aware of this already, there is a glitch in the system. once you have the  bike in motion, go into the setup and turn your AVC off, and then back on...... You will hear an amazing volume increase and sounds so much better... It sucks we have to do this ever time but it works
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 24 queries.