Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: Issues with the Black 2015 CVO Street Glide?  (Read 25261 times)

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
Re: Issues with the Black 2015 CVO Street Glide?
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2014, 02:42:25 PM »

FWIW: I struggled with the same issue regarding the black CVOSG.

I have several pictures of it at a few dealerships both inside and outside. I agree that although the paint quality is great the gold in the paint just isn't dark/brite enough. It would be gorgeous if it was.  In the sun it looks like a very well painted black standard Street Glide.

It would have been my first choice but I decided to go with the ultra violet/hot lava instead. I'm very pleased with the colors.  Ironically, if you look at it in the shade or inside, it looks like it is black and hot lava because the blue "flips" colors depending on where you look at it.

I think Harley has started using automobile grade paint and clearcoat because it seems to be much harder and immune to haze as opposed to the soft clearcoat in prior years.

If anyone wants some of the black/gold pictures let me know.

Regards

Jerry

« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 12:20:19 PM by CVOStreetglide »

DOWNTOWN DON

• Full CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: 2012 flhxse3 Black diamond, Dark slate. (WRECKED)
    • CVO2: 2015 flhxse4 Starfire Black/Gold Dust Flames.
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2014, 12:04:52 AM »

Thx for the pics. It does look aweful dark, doesn't it?
CVO1:  Fullsac "DX" pipe/2" power cores & tts mastertune, mustang super solo vintage/13" rear pillion, 7" lrs ultra elite dark tint windshield, truk lite ph7 headlight & custom dynamics signals,  color matched king tour pak.
CVO2:  Fullsac "DX" pipe/2 1/4" power cores, screens, & tts mastertune, 7" lrs ultra elite/dark tint/screemin eagle scripture, fairing vents, fork baffle, matching pass boards & backrest, and a LOT more to come.

Thx and come again: "DOWNTOWN DON"

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2014, 12:23:13 PM »

Thx for the pics. It does look aweful dark, doesn't it?

The black and clearcoat is high quality and looks real good. Unfortunately the gold gets washed out by the very nice black.  I would brighten up the gold and it would look smoken hot.

Good luck with your choice.

Jerry

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2014, 05:09:51 PM »

I think they should have used a silver outline on the gold to make it pop

tcsteelhead

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2015, 04:13:03 PM »

MY dealer found a flaw in the paint on the tank on mine. HD trued to make them wet sand it out but after hours of refusing HD agreed to send a replacement. If it was not a close friend that owned the shop and put the extra effort into actually demanding a replacement tank I would have walked from the bike. Its cold and nasty here in MI so its not a big deal to wait a few more months. Kinda surprised that they let this paint issue get so far out of control

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2015, 10:56:36 PM »

MY dealer found a flaw in the paint on the tank on mine. HD trued to make them wet sand it out but after hours of refusing HD agreed to send a replacement. If it was not a close friend that owned the shop and put the extra effort into actually demanding a replacement tank I would have walked from the bike. Its cold and nasty here in MI so its not a big deal to wait a few more months. Kinda surprised that they let this paint issue get so far out of control

What kind of "flaw" was it?

tcsteelhead

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2015, 05:08:55 AM »

What kind of "flaw" was it?
I did not personally see it but it was described to me as " bubble appearance" under the clear coat.
 :worthless:

biker1206

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2015, 07:55:53 PM »

I put a deposit on a black one right after the dealer meetings.  My dealer told me october production.  It also got bumped back 2 times.   Came in a few weeks ago.   They are still sitting on my 2012.  I also kept checking cycletrader and other places in the web.   Very few dealers had the black until about a month ago.  Im thinking it was the last color of the 4 colors to run at the factory.

Gunz2090

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2015, 08:02:28 PM »

Mine that I've had a deposit on since Sept just came in Friday.  The dealer is picking up my 2 trade ins Tuesday.  I'm going to sign papers Wed.   Parts already on hand at the dealer to install before I take home.

gadgetz

• 1K CVO Member
    • MS

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Electric Orange & Vivid Black w/ Ghost Feather Graphics - Road Pig
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2015, 08:47:42 PM »

If anyone is looking for one Coast Harley has one sitting on the floor as of yesterday.  :2vrolijk_21:
Charter Member Critter Gawking Society - Got Goat?

CVOhog1

• Junior CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 Typhoon Maroon/Blk Diamond/Burgandy Blaze
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE UV Blue/Molten Lava
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHXSE Candy Cobalt/Indigo ink
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2015, 02:54:52 PM »

The paint vendor(Gunslinger Custom Paint) is doing a terrible job on these paint sets. There are a number of them coming through with paint flaws. I have a UV blue that has numerous issues, Lower fairing with clear coat running on the edge(replaced new one ok), Gas tank with orange peel (dealer was told to try buffing it - return to gunslinger- sanded and repainted - now ok, both lower sadddlebags with clear coat chipping around top edge and orange paint showing through where it should be UV blue - HD said returned to gunslinger for repair - one showed up from gunslinger ok, the other looks worse than it did when it went out, now has orange overspray on the inside of the bag to boot. Outer fairing had burn through on the edge from over buffing, gunslinger just cleared over it - new fairing arrived and had a large build up of paint and clearcoat on the top edge - must be returned. Bike has been at the dealer for over three months. My advice to anyone looking to buy a CVO  is carefully inspect the paint, I know I am not the only one having these issues. HD stopped production of the yellow because Gunslinger could not get it right. I assume that is what is happening with the black not being available. I say this because I have been dealing with HD customer service on this now for three months and have spoken to people at Gunslinger personally.   
V&H Power Dual Header
V&H High Output Slip On Mufflers
PV 2

East Coast

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond/Crimson - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Hard Candy / Smokey Quartz - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2024 FLTRXSTSE Golden White Pearl
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2015, 06:04:43 PM »

Its really a shame to read more and more about these paint issues on the CVO SG's. Anybody know of anyone having issues with any of the other CVO models this year?

cvo1717

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2013 CVO BREAKOUT BLACK SOLD
    • CVO2: 2010 CVO FATBOB BLACK DENIM HELLFIRE FLAMES TRADED IN
    • CVO3: 2020 CVO street glide
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2015, 10:16:02 AM »

The paint vendor(Gunslinger Custom Paint) is doing a terrible job on these paint sets. There are a number of them coming through with paint flaws. I have a UV blue that has numerous issues, Lower fairing with clear coat running on the edge(replaced new one ok), Gas tank with orange peel (dealer was told to try buffing it - return to gunslinger- sanded and repainted - now ok, both lower sadddlebags with clear coat chipping around top edge and orange paint showing through where it should be UV blue - HD said returned to gunslinger for repair - one showed up from gunslinger ok, the other looks worse than it did when it went out, now has orange overspray on the inside of the bag to boot. Outer fairing had burn through on the edge from over buffing, gunslinger just cleared over it - new fairing arrived and had a large build up of paint and clearcoat on the top edge - must be returned. Bike has been at the dealer for over three months. My advice to anyone looking to buy a CVO  is carefully inspect the paint, I know I am not the only one having these issues. HD stopped production of the yellow because Gunslinger could not get it right. I assume that is what is happening with the black not being available. I say this because I have been dealing with HD customer service on this now for three months and have spoken to people at Gunslinger personally.   
My rear fender off my 13 breakout has been at gunslinger since dec 8 still waiting my dealer knows nothing .They say when it comes it comes.I might try to call myself
Mike
2013 CVO BREAKOUT 117 KIT
ROSAS HEADS WOODS TW 8-6 CAM
RB RACING 2 INTO 1 PROSTOCK CHALLENGE PIPE
130 HP  134 TQ STD
126 hp   131 TQ SAE

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2015, 11:27:16 AM »

I don't get why the MOCO has Gunslinger do the paint.  The Hard Candy colors have been done in house, and all the CVO Street Glide has on top of that is flames.  I think that after the issues a lot of people are having with Gun Slinger, they'd stop using them.

stevehd

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2015, 04:09:00 PM »

On the floor today at Grove's Harley in Winchester, VA

I had heard that it was sold at the same time that the Hard Candy one was sold (wife and husband) but that he was having second thoughts on the color.
2012 Ruby Red and Typhoon Maroon FLHXSE-3
2014 Black Fxsb
2006 Big Dog Mastiff
1992 Yamaha FL-1200
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 24 queries.