Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Expectations???  (Read 1221 times)

TCs2012

Expectations???
« on: October 19, 2011, 10:43:08 AM »

I have a 2012 SESG and plan to the change the mufflers to CFR, head pipes to VH Power duals, breather to Ness Big Sucker and add a SE Race Tuner. Any ideas on the hp & torque that should come out of this set-up? Also after this accomplished, can the throttle lag be tuned out of the bike? Thanks and I appreciate your responses.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
Re: Expectations???
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 10:18:03 PM »

I have a 2012 SESG and plan to the change the mufflers to CFR, head pipes to VH Power duals, breather to Ness Big Sucker and add a SE Race Tuner. Any ideas on the hp & torque that should come out of this set-up? Also after this accomplished, can the throttle lag be tuned out of the bike? Thanks and I appreciate your responses.

Personally, I think you're wasting money buying a Big Sucker, as the stock Ventilator is already a hi-flow air cleaner, and you won't get anything noticeable out of the Big Sucker.  As far as final results on what you're planning on putting on, depending tuner, dyno, ambient temp, etc...you can expect around 90 HP +or- 1 to 2 HP, and around 106 TQ.  That's typically what most ppl, including both of my bikes, are getting.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

T-Hawk

• Civil Engineering Tech, US Air Force (Ret)
  • Senior CVO Member
  • "Sheila" My Big Tank Lady
    • AK

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6
    • CVO2: 20?? FXDWG?
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 10:32:51 PM »

the stock Ventilator is already a hi-flow air cleaner

Now, while I haven't done any computer tuning Yet...  I have installed the 'New' K&N Filter (J&P Cycles Part Number: 362-829 if interested)
under my stock Ventilator, with the rain sock under the chrome so I don't have to keep going out in the parking lot at work every time it starts to rain.  Using that combination keeps the 110 Screamin' Eagle script showing so all others can be envious 8)

"Catching a Hornet inside your jacket at 65mph will more than double your vocabulary"
Tailgunner "Gunships"
Crusher True Duals
Barnett Carbon Fiber Performance Clutch
TTS Master Tune
CustomDynamics LED

strokerjlk

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 06:15:13 AM »

Any ideas on the hp & torque that should come out of this set-up? Also after this accomplished, can the throttle lag be tuned out of the bike?

all the stage 1 cvo bikes I tune end up around 95 hp 115 tq. diff pipes move the curve around some but just about any exhaust combo will net these peak numbers.
yes the lag can be tuned out.
those head pipes are a chore to get right especially at cold idle. sound good and work decent but the front and rear are so diff they take some time to get right.

If you point your oxygen-acetylene cutting torch
at a temperature sensor and adjust it for the highest temp you have found stoichiometric
Ron Dickey

intensefab

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 09:23:15 AM »

I have the V&H true duals and Hi Output slip on's with the stock ventilator air cleaner
and got 90hp with 108tq. the dyno tune made a huge difference in the way the bike
runs!

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 07:55:53 PM »

I have the V&H true duals and Hi Output slip on's with the stock ventilator air cleaner
and got 90hp with 108tq. the dyno tune made a huge difference in the way the bike
runs!
Same setup. (89.52 HP & 108.25 TQ)
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 25 queries.