Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Arc Audio amp install  (Read 1081 times)

brosen101

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CUSE8
Arc Audio amp install
« on: November 26, 2013, 11:17:46 PM »

Installed an Arc Audio amp KS125.2 mini on my CUSE8.  Everything was going well until I turned on the radio - no sound through the speakers.  Followed the install directions exactly.

It's almost as if the receiver isn't communicating with the amp / no signal.  Apparently there's only one guy in the entire Arc Audio company that can help (only one familiar with CVO), and he's out sick.  This sucks.  I want to be done with this project already.

Anyone out there install an Arc Amp in a CVO Ultra, and what in the factory harness needs to be modified, if anything?

I have the CVO supplemental service guide, just need guidance. 

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
Re: Arc Audio amp install
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 11:49:27 PM »

how did you hook it up?  did you use preamp ins, or the speaker line inputs?
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

brosen101

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 12:46:11 AM »

Speaker lines, and pressed in the speaker line in button.

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 07:02:49 AM »

do you have 2 power lines going in to it?  when i hooked mine up (non cvo) i had read that because i was using the speaker line inputs, i didn't need to have a second power line going into it, that the speaker lines would suffice.  well, that didn't turn out to be the case.  what i ended up doing was to run a switched power line into the main power input and a small jumper wire between the two inputs on the amp.  probably not the best way, but it worked for me.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 07:08:20 AM »

Pete at Soundz did my install.   He made a harness that plugged into the radio,, that seemed pretty easy. Then he ran wires back to the battery.  One red wire 10 ga.  The other to ground,,, not at the battery tho.  Maybe you should give him a call,,, he is very helpful and a nice guy as well.   Stuart. Good luck.   Frustrating.  I know.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 06:07:22 PM by cvostu »

brosen101

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 01:47:51 PM »

do you have 2 power lines going in to it?  when i hooked mine up (non cvo) i had read that because i was using the speaker line inputs, i didn't need to have a second power line going into it, that the speaker lines would suffice.  well, that didn't turn out to be the case.  what i ended up doing was to run a switched power line into the main power input and a small jumper wire between the two inputs on the amp.  probably not the best way, but it worked for me.

Hi Ekim60 - The new harness supplied has a power wire straight from battery to amp, ground from battery to amp, and then an accessory power line from headlight to amp.  The other harness supplied goes from the amp to speakers, and then female terminals that allow the factory harness male spade connectors to go into that.  All hooked up.  Amp is on, green light solid, no sound...  Can you help me understand what you mean by a "switched power line into the main power input and a small jumper wire between the two inputs on the amp?"  I suspect that's the issue.

Pete at Soundz did my install.   He mad a harness that plugged into the radio,, that seemed pretty easy. Then he ran wires back to the battery.  One red wire 10 ga.  The other to ground,,, not at the battery tho.  Maybe you should give him a call,,, he is very helpful and a nice guy as well.   Stuart. Good luck.   Frustrating.  I know.

Hi Stu,  I emailed Soundz to see if they can provide me a usable harness or even a tip on this issue.  I may call Pete directly. 
mid 70's out here, wanna be riding...

Brian

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 01:53:49 PM »

Hi Ekim60 - The new harness supplied has a power wire straight from battery to amp, ground from battery to amp, and then an accessory power line from headlight to amp.  The other harness supplied goes from the amp to speakers, and then female terminals that allow the factory harness male spade connectors to go into that.  All hooked up.  Amp is on, green light solid, no sound...  Can you help me understand what you mean by a "switched power line into the main power input and a small jumper wire between the two inputs on the amp?"  I suspect that's the issue.

no, sounds like you've got it covered.  on the input side, you've got a battery in, a battery ground in, and then the 'switched' remote power wire.  i had mine hooked up via the accessory power line to the main voltage in, with a small jumper wire going from the 12v + to the remote switched input.  i had read that if you are using a high power speaker input, then you didn't need the remote power in.  so i hooked it up accordingly and had no sound.  it wasn't until i hooked up the jumper wire that i got sound.  you could try replacing the accessory headlight to amp wire with a jumper from the battery in to see if that makes a difference, but i suspect that it wouldn't.

brosen101

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 02:13:24 PM »

no, sounds like you've got it covered.  on the input side, you've got a battery in, a battery ground in, and then the 'switched' remote power wire.  i had mine hooked up via the accessory power line to the main voltage in, with a small jumper wire going from the 12v + to the remote switched input.  i had read that if you are using a high power speaker input, then you didn't need the remote power in.  so i hooked it up accordingly and had no sound.  it wasn't until i hooked up the jumper wire that i got sound.  you could try replacing the accessory headlight to amp wire with a jumper from the battery in to see if that makes a difference, but i suspect that it wouldn't.

I can try that - shouldn't hurt anything.   

Brian

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 25 queries.