Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: IPODD  (Read 1447 times)

Randy C

• Full CVO Member
  • 09 SERG Silver and Titanium Dust

• CVO1: 09 Serg Silver Titanium Dust V&H power header,TT race tuner,Fullsac 2.25 baffles,Windsvest windshield,Mustang seat,Garman 665gps,Riders claw
IPODD
« on: December 29, 2009, 10:53:41 PM »

Does anybody have any suggestions on hooking up a charging point on a 09serg for Ipod Nano other than using the cigarette lighter.
Growing old isn't for sissys and growing up  isn't an option!

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
Re: IPODD
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 12:07:04 AM »

Been using the "Kensington LiquidAUX Auxiliary Car Kit" for about a year now with my Iphone. All wired up inside the fairing with the "HD-Dude" rear aux mod for my radio just having one plug at the phone. Should work the same for the Ipod. Don't use the remote as much as when first installed as the phone is gererally locked in a ram mount on the handlebars. about $45

Iron Cross Audio

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
    • Iron Cross Audio
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 06:35:22 AM »

Does anybody have any suggestions on hooking up a charging point on a 09serg for Ipod Nano other than using the cigarette lighter.

What generation is the Nano? We're working on a charge and play connector that will be hard wired to the radio so the only thing that will be visable and needed will be the ipod cable. There are some differences in the connectors for different generations and models. Let us know what generation you have and we'll let you know if we can do yours yet.

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 10:43:54 AM »

I'm glad to see that someone is finally working on this. There are other setups out there but they are universal and have a bunch of other wires and dirrerent connectors making them rather bulky. If you come up with one for the Gen. 2, I'm in!

Iron Cross Audio

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
    • Iron Cross Audio
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 04:20:36 PM »

I'm glad to see that someone is finally working on this. There are other setups out there but they are universal and have a bunch of other wires and dirrerent connectors making them rather bulky. If you come up with one for the Gen. 2, I'm in!

We're good on the Gen 2 Nano, as well as a good number of other genrations and models. We're final testing now and will post the service on our site in a week or 2. If you want one before it posts, contact us after January 1

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, 10:08:25 AM »

I have a kit from Monster Cable and it works great. Plays and charges. I did mount an HD lighter kit insider the fairing and it plugs in there and it's not seen.I had the aux jack moved to the back of the radio and have a Rider's Claw mounted on the left side of the handle bars. Sounds and works great. The only cable exposed is the one that connects to the Ipod that runs up the bars. I found some chrome zip ties for that. Ken from Rider's Claw has a picture of what I did on his sight.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 10:13:35 AM by cvostu »

Iron Cross Audio

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
    • Iron Cross Audio
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2010, 05:03:16 PM »

iPod cables for the HK unit are now available. See Vendor Discount area for details.

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 25 queries.