Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: fxr4 air cleaner cover  (Read 1680 times)

seven

fxr4 air cleaner cover
« on: October 30, 2008, 12:14:37 AM »

I bought my fxr4 with a screamin eagle a/c on it, I would like to find a factory a/c just to have for my own collection of things i won't use, probably, but would like to have one anyway. Any ideas where to find one? Thanks for the input.                    SEVEN
SEVEN

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
Re: fxr4 air cleaner cover
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 02:02:15 AM »

Seven,

First of all, I haven't said hello to you, so welcome to the site, I hope you find it helpful and "entertaining" at the same time.....

Second of all do you own a Parts Manual for your bike yet, if you do post the part number here for the exact part or associated parts you are looking for, if you don't have it elvislee will have it or them for sure since I believe he owns a FXR4 and I believe has a parts book at his disposal and we can then get him to post it and we can sort of do a "regional" search to help you find it by calling a couple of our own "local" dealerships to see if we can help you get it.....typically HD Dealerships have computer reference ability to determine whether certain parts are either in their own part's departments or within a "so many" state region.....this would be a way to help you locate what might be referred to as a "NOS" part, which stands for New Old Stock, if such a part number is no longer a replenishable part, (if that makes sense).

Perhaps someone else here might have even a "better" idea or even has one for you.

Keep us posted.

Regards,

Tim

RedFXR2

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 08:18:22 AM »

Seven:  You're really looking for two things.  One is the circular chrome steel air cleaner housing and the other is the round adhesive backed label that says "FXR4" at the bottom.  Last year, I replaced the adhesive label on my FXR2 and the local dealer was able to locate one at another dealer.  As I recall, there were several out there across the dealer networks, so I would imagine that one for a FXR4 would be a likely find.  The air filter housing should be easy, as it was used for many years across many models of Evolution motors.  Have your local dealer look up the part numbers (if elvislee isn't around) and do a dealer locate search.

elvislee

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 01:29:10 PM »

Seven:  You're really looking for two things.  One is the circular chrome steel air cleaner housing and the other is the round adhesive backed label that says "FXR4" at the bottom.  Last year, I replaced the adhesive label on my FXR2 and the local dealer was able to locate one at another dealer.  As I recall, there were several out there across the dealer networks, so I would imagine that one for a FXR4 would be a likely find.  The air filter housing should be easy, as it was used for many years across many models of Evolution motors.  Have your local dealer look up the part numbers (if elvislee isn't around) and do a dealer locate search.

Hey seven; No Worries...I be here  :2vrolijk_21:

Fxr4 Parts Manual....................PN: 99429-00

Air Cleaner Cover (chrome)..............................................................Pg# 20-21.....Item #18....PN: 29165-89
Safety Label (Sticks to top of cover).................................................Pg#20-21......Item#17.....PN: 29126-90A
Trim Insert, 80 cubic inch FXR4  (The adhesive label Red states above)...Pg# 20-21......Item#23.....PN:29589-99
Molding (Rubber Air Cleaner Trim)......................................................Pg#20-21.......Item#20.....PN:29252-89
Screw (Holds Cover to the Backplaste Assy).......................................Pg#20-21.......Item#22.....PN:29269-83A
Washer (For above screw)...............................................................Pg#20-21.......Item#7.......PN:6109

There is more, so If ya need anything else; LMK...and welcome aboard  :2vrolijk_21:

« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 01:32:37 PM by elvislee »

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 05:58:13 PM »

Blaine (elvislee)....

Awesome....
So Seven, if you will now post which part numbers you are looking for specifically and if you are unable to find them locally then I will see what I can discover out here in the Denver area....but Blaine posted half of the FXR4 Part's manual.....LAUGHING you know I am just teasin....lol.... :2vrolijk_21:
Regards,

Tim

redtwin

• Full CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: FXR-4
    • CVO2: FXSTSSE
    • CVO3: 2010 ROADDGLIDE
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2008, 11:11:50 AM »

I replaced mine a few years back dealer was able to order a new one

Page created in 0.203 seconds with 25 queries.