Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Front suspension On 2013  (Read 3316 times)

Kayclybouw

Front suspension On 2013
« on: January 03, 2016, 07:19:17 PM »

I m very unhappy with the front suspension on my 2013. Tried different oil, but not really better.
Experience to share? Brand? Setup? Etc...

Tanks,
Kay

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
Re: Front suspension On 2013
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 09:28:49 PM »

I ran progressive mono tubes on my 09 CVO Road Glide, much better than stock.  I have them on my 03 Fatboy, again better than stock.

My wife has had the HD performance installed in her 11 Street glide and now in her 15 Road Glide special.  Better than stock, not quite as nice as progressive mono tubes.

I think the bike with the best front suspension I have ever rode was a road king with Ohlin front and rear.

I have Ohlin rear on my bike and love them. 
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 10:42:58 PM »

As I have posted up here a few weeks ago I just put the Ohlin front suspension on my 12 RG and am absolutely in love with them. I put the rear Ohlins on after 1 ride when I first got the bike (hated the suspension..) and the HD premium cartridges in the front since at that time Ohlin did not have their front suspension available. After almost 40,000 miles I needed to service the fronts so I decided after reading about the Ohlins since they came out and loving the rears I would bite the bullet and step up and get them. I was worried that I would spend a grand and not really feel much of a difference but was blown away when I tried them. A couple of weeks ago I went for a 400 mile ride through some very familiar rough roads and pushed the bike to the end of my talent (which some might say is not that far..) and I couldn't believe that front suspension could make that much of a difference on the overall performance especially because I have always had such great rear suspension (Motorcycle Metals Ohlin 6's).
I hope that whatever you decide you get what your hoping for.
Alan

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 12:31:08 PM »

I have found the adjustment of the rear shock to be a major influence on what the entire bike is doing.  I have the 2013 adjustable and when I forget to unload when I go from 2 up to solo I can definitely tell the difference.  Monotubes are better but make sure rear shock is properly adjusted before spending a bunch of money.
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 06:50:54 PM »

Recently I installed the new Legend AXEO front end kit on my 2014 Limited, along with Legend Revo rear shocks. I expected a big change but found them to exceed my expectations. Those that install them give the same feedback. Unlike Progressive the AXEO suspension kit includes two matched mono-tube, dual chambered damper cartridges. I could go on and on. They are 100% American made ( hand made in Sturgis, SD ) and come with a Lifetime warranty. Adjustable for your weight too.

Here is the web page for your 2013 AXEO suspension by Legend

http://www.legendsuspensions.com/products/view/axeo-flh-front-end-suspension-97-2013

Kayclybouw

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 06:48:55 PM »

Thanks for the input. Legend or Ohlin...
Not sure yet.

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2016, 08:08:01 PM »

The new Legend AXEO front end kit is 100% American made. Comes with a Lifetime warranty. They are also adjustable to your weight. Each fork has matched components to the other.

Most important: they work great. Exceeded my expectations. My local Harley dealer did the install and said it was straight forward and a quality product. They test rode a bike from Legend with this setup and loved it. Not saying Ohlins are not great, I'm sure they are. If I can buy a American product that performs extremely well, that is my choice. Especially with a Lifetime warranty.

Kayclybouw

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2016, 01:51:17 AM »

Hello,

I'm going to try hyperpro in THE front. It s been installed now. I ll share my experience once ready and tried.

Kay

North Star

• CANADA- Love it or Leave it
  • 1K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide- Orange/Black
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monter 821- Star White
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2016, 01:29:02 AM »

The new Legend AXEO front end kit is 100% American made. Comes with a Lifetime warranty. They are also adjustable to your weight. Each fork has matched components to the other.

Most important: they work great. Exceeded my expectations. My local Harley dealer did the install and said it was straight forward and a quality product. They test rode a bike from Legend with this setup and loved it. Not saying Ohlins are not great, I'm sure they are. If I can buy a American product that performs extremely well, that is my choice. Especially with a Lifetime warranty.

These AXEO's got my attention. I'm spending a bit more than I wanted to now on engine upgrades, so if there is a product comparable to the Ohlins FKC101 that's a bit less dough, I'll consider it.
2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide- Electric Orange/Vivid Black
GMR 113", GMR 600 cams, Fullac DX & Kuryakyn Crushers, SE Heavy Breather, tuned by "Dyno Dave" Stoddart
Jagg 10 row fan assisted oil cooler
Axeo Legends/Ohlins 3-3/True Track front and rear
C&C Fastback seat w/orange flame stitching & a Le Pera Maverick
PYO Monkey Bars- 10"
Freedom Shields 12" light grey
Hawg Wired "six pack"amp/speakers, Iron Cross ipod interface
HD Daymaker headlights
Detachable King Tour Pak in Electric Orange

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 25 queries.