Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: New Harley Roadtech Zumo 590  (Read 19394 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: New Harley Roadtech Zumo 590
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2016, 09:57:31 AM »

Did it come with LM?

:oops: :nixweiss:

I just picked up the Road Tech 590 today and it does not have the TPMS option. I called Garmin back and told them that I called them before I purchased and they told me it did have it but they now said that they made a mistake and are offering me a refund which the dealer is as well. it also is not a "lm"

TexasBowhunter

• Senior CVO Member
  • 09 Street Glide
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2016, 12:09:52 PM »

I just picked up the Road Tech 590 today and it does not have the TPMS option. I called Garmin back and told them that I called them before I purchased and they told me it did have it but they now said that they made a mistake and are offering me a refund which the dealer is as well. it also is not a "lm" so I assume it does not come with updates either. Really bummed out but not much I can do about it other than return it. While playing with it today trying to find the TPMD option I did see how cool it is though and will probably just end up keeping it. Garmin also offered exchanging it for a regular 590LM which would solve both the update and TPMS issue which I have to think about because I love the "go to local HD dealerships" feature that one comes on the Road Tech (though I get its not that hard to search under POIs) and the 2 yr warranty instead of the 1 yr that comes on the standard Garmin. I have been using the Fobo TPMS system for a while now and really like that I can check my pressure by just walking by my bike so there is that..

I went to read the discription on HD web site on the Roadtech 590 and it is indicated in the discription that it is a LM version...
I then went to the owners manual and it also describes it being the LM model
on page 2 in the owners manual it states if the model you have has a LM followed then it is supposed to be available for the LM maps...
There certainly seems to be a screw up here and needs some attention...
For the money for this GPS it should come with all the bells and whistles in which its bigger brother has...
paul

About
nüMaps Lifetime

Models with "LM" after the model number include subscriptions
to
nüMaps Lifetime
, which provides quarterly map updates for
the life of your device. For terms and conditions, go to
http://www.garmin.com
/numapslifetime
NOTE:
If your device does not include a subscription to
nüMaps
Lifetime
, you can purchase one at
http://www.garmin.com
/numapslifetime
Ride safe

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2016, 01:30:27 PM »

HD description on their website is misleading.  It states that it is a zumo 590LM as mentioned before but, it is not.  It is missing the key features of LM and TPMS.

Maybe they should change the description to almost like a zumo 590LM, or something like:

Since the TPMS' just does not look right on our bikes, we removed this feature as not to distract from the design detail we put into the bikes.  We also removed the LM so we could sell you the maps afterward and increase our bottom line (our falling sales have been hurting us of late).

It looks like they did not put any attention to detail like others have mentioned.

I apologize for ranting about this.  I was really looking forward to picking one up and am frustrated with what others are reporting.

:oops: :nixweiss:
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

TexasBowhunter

• Senior CVO Member
  • 09 Street Glide
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2016, 02:30:31 PM »

I to was looking to picking one up as well
Most discouraging though that HD has been misleading in there product's discription
paul
Ride safe

TexasBowhunter

• Senior CVO Member
  • 09 Street Glide
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2016, 03:04:09 PM »

It would seem I have nothing better to do with my time but to address this 590LM so I called garmin and spoke with them to find out what they had to say about whether ot not the LM was a feature with the RoadTech version...

Got transferred to the OEM department with Garmin and spoke to a Nick there and he was 99.9% assured that the device did indeed come with LM's however the TPMS was NOT a feature with this unit...
He then looked up the part number for HD and said again it did come with LM's and again he was very attimite about the unit having the LM's...
He called the help desk to confirm as to whether or not and playing the devils advocate here "what if the device did not come with the LM's" what was my recourse...He added to my account that we had this conversation and IF the unit did not have them that Garmin would Gift them to me to cover the LM's feature...

For me this may be what I was seeking to make the purchase...
The TPSM was not a deal breaker feature but the LM's were going to be even if I was to get the 20% savings by ordering one and then having a additional cost of $89.99 would offset so much I would order from Garmin...
paul
Ride safe

1badbagger

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 1962 XLCH
    • CVO3: 1965 FLH
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2016, 09:51:40 PM »

Texas Bow Hunter, thanks for taking the time to update us on the lifetime maps. Mine just came in and I picked it up today. I'm currently running all the updates on it which takes three hours. It didn't come with a manual, just a quick start guide that shows you how to put the battery in and prompts you to go to the Garmin website to register and update it. That's as far as I got tonight. I'll download the manual tomorrow off the website and hopefully know more and update this post.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2016, 11:30:41 PM »

Going back and forth with Garmin for the last few days I know know this for sure.. It does not come with the TPMS option but does come with the lifetime maps. They did offer to return my money but now I love the unit though another issue has come up.
I use my phone though a USB cord to my Kenwood head unit. My 665 got weather and traffic though XM, the 590 gets it through a app you install on your phone. When I am synced with the 590 and plug my phone (iPhone) in I can not listen to Pandora or iPod because phone says "can only use 1 accessory at a time" so I have to either listen to Pandora or iPod through bluetooth which does not sound as good as when wired in or not have traffic or weather on the 590.
This whole deal has really become a PIA though I still say the 590 is a great GPS unit with its features for navigating which I keep reminding myself is its main use. I just hate when all "my stuff" doesn't work! When I called Garmin (again !) they offered to give me a full refund but after using the 590 for a couple of days I would be pissed going back to my 665 without the features I have been playing with.
Alan

TexasBowhunter

• Senior CVO Member
  • 09 Street Glide
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2016, 12:23:57 PM »

Going to get of the subject for a moment here

I am currently running a Zumo 550 and have been satisfied with it thus far...
I have the Zumo chord ran from the port on the side to the AUX on the Harmon Karmon...
I have tunes loaded on the SD card and have the Radio in the AUX mod so I can get prompts from GPS while listening to my tunes in which I have loaded on SD card...

If I go to the 590 will I retain this feature?
or will I require a NIM module?
If Im out on a trip Im not listening to the radio FM stations
I dont have XM
I do have the HDPDIPOD but the same music is on the Ipod as the SD card...
Thanks
paul
Ride safe

1badbagger

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 1962 XLCH
    • CVO3: 1965 FLH
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2016, 02:59:07 PM »

I have the Zumo chord ran from the port on the side to the AUX on the Harmon Karmon...
I have tunes loaded on the SD card and have the Radio in the AUX mod so I can get prompts from GPS while listening to my tunes in which I have loaded on SD card...

I dont have XM
Thanks
paul

I didn't have time to read through it all but here's the link to the manual for anyone that's interested.
http://static.garmin.com/pumac/zumo_590_OM_EN.pdf
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 03:09:06 PM by 1badbagger »

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2016, 10:48:58 PM »

I dont have XM
Thanks
paul
Rode all day with it and really love it! I am a GPS freak and this unit is the best I have ever used and I have used just about everything out there including just about every vehicle version since I used to rent a different car every weekend chasing my kids football team around the country during their season. My company has a relationship with Enterprise so they often upgraded me to highland cars.
I am pretty sure what you currently do will work with the 590 as it has a media player that works on either Pandora from your phone or you can install a card with your music on it. Only thing I will tell you is to research yourself to whether or not it will work and don't depend on what Garmin tells you.
Alan

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2006 FLSTFSE2 - SOLD
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2016, 05:39:37 PM »

Has anybody confirmed 100% that the 590 will work with the NIM?
On the fence here with purchase and NIM functionality is a big plus towards pulling the trigger.

I assume the connections xfer over from a 660/665, not counting the mount cradle of course.
TIF2
I've never learned a single thing while I was talking - Will Rogers

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2016, 02:18:30 AM »

Has anybody confirmed 100% that the 590 will work with the NIM?
On the fence here with purchase and NIM functionality is a big plus towards pulling the trigger.

I assume the connections xfer over from a 660/665, not counting the mount cradle of course.
I do not use the NIM but when I asked Garmin about swapping the Road Tech 590 to the regular 590 they said the cradle was different between the 2 because the Road Tech version was set up to integrate with the NIM. Still not 100% but pretty close
Alan

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2016, 01:28:20 PM »

I do not use the NIM but when I asked Garmin about swapping the Road Tech 590 to the regular 590 they said the cradle was different between the 2 because the Road Tech version was set up to integrate with the NIM. Still not 100% but pretty close

So the cradle is different for the Road Tech 590 and the 660/665 but the RT 590 cradle is setup to use the NIM?

Do I have that correct?
TIF2

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #43 on: February 29, 2016, 01:46:58 AM »

So the cradle is different for the Road Tech 590 and the 660/665 but the RT 590 cradle is setup to use the NIM?

Do I have that correct?
first part about the cradle being different on the RT 590 I know for a fact to  be true, as far as setup to use the NIM, thats what Garmin told me. I use a Kenwood head unit so don't use the NIM myself.
Alan

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: February 29, 2016, 08:48:09 AM »

Cool ... sounds safe enough to order.
Bummer about the TPMS feature though. 

TIF2
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 25 queries.