Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: First ride on the 08 today  (Read 1781 times)

Break shot

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

First ride on the 08 today
« on: January 31, 2016, 07:51:35 PM »

Well I had to wait till the turn of the yr so I could save several hundred on taxes , then the snow came ,, so I finaly got her out for about a 30 mile ride today
Boy after riding my shovel head flt the last 5 yrs the power of this bike took some getting use to
infact got the tire wet and fish tailed it after a stop sign boy if that didn't pucker me up some

After that I was a little hesitant to snap the throttle but I did get up to 70 ,, in a flash obviously no comparison
It will take some getting use to but after riding a bike with a chain I enjoyed the smoothness of the belt , and the braking is far superior

What's really baffled me about Harley's is like my shovel head this one has a pop or 2 on deceleration noticed it on my buddy's new 14 also , why is that ? Other than that my check engine light stays on a Google search showed this as a very comomon problem , I didn't notice anything wrong oil pressure was right on so I'm not going to stress to much over that
My radio has a issue with a connection or something it does not always come on I press on it it comes on then the screen goes off I press on it again and it reads upside down all while still working great to have tunes while riding

Other than that every thing else seems fine great riding bike my friend said riding with a fairing opposed to a windshield would take some getting use to but I didn't see that

Now off to inspection tire might pass but I got a American Elite 150 on the way will change shoes also ,, and put on my leather tour pak so my daughter has a backrest then after that I'm ready to stretch her out for some longer runs
Can't wait !!

Break shot

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
Re: First ride on the 08 today
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 01:09:35 AM »

Glad you're enjoying your new ride.    :2vrolijk_21:   Still,

:worthless:

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 11:27:47 PM »

Congrats to you on your new to you CVO ride :2vrolijk_21:

You mentioned it pops on deceleration some times. My 07 dose that as well, what I found is if I don't throttle the grip all the way back on deceleration  and hold it there it will pop and if I open it just a hair pop pop pop till I close it again. I don't tend to let it happen thinking I'll blow the befouls out of the V&H pipes at some point.

That may be why yours has popped now and then 

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1986 FXR Super Glide - antique, but the Evo lives on!
    • A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 08:07:06 AM »

Thanks for posting the ride report Break shot. Interesting observations...

Break shot

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 10:38:05 PM »

Congrats to you on your new to you CVO ride :2vrolijk_21:

You mentioned it pops on deceleration some times. My 07 dose that as well, what I found is if I don't throttle the grip all the way back on deceleration  and hold it there it will pop and if I open it just a hair pop pop pop till I close it again. I don't tend to let it happen thinking I'll blow the befouls out of the V&H pipes at some point.

That may be why yours has popped now and then

Thanks I'll try that ,, at least that's the only time it pops my shovel head will pop while cruising low speeds every now and then use to drive me crazy trying to adjust the carb finaly I just learned to live with it cause it runs like a raped dated after 30 mph

Break shot

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 22 queries.