Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Extended Warranty from Harley?  (Read 13219 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Extended Warranty from Harley?
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2004, 09:24:59 AM »

I was told by my dealer that any mods that I included prior to delivery would still be covered by warranty.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2004, 09:26:09 AM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2004, 08:40:25 AM »

Ok guys and gals the scoop on the last 4 yrs of extended warranty are paper work must be filled out and turned in 2 weeks before the current warranty expires and you can'nt have more than 50,000 miles on the bike.  :(  I will have that on the bike in 2-3yrs so I guess it won't work for me.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

re-tread

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2004, 08:58:24 AM »

My dealer advised me  not to purchase the extended warranty until the two year warranty is nearly expired he sugguests about 22 months out.

There is no benefit in an early purchase, and there is not problem with signing on later. Check it out
SE air box
Reinharts
Race Tuner

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2004, 12:10:49 PM »

Ok guys and gals the scoop on the last 4 yrs of extended warranty are paper work must be filled out and turned in 2 weeks before the current warranty expires and you can'nt have more than 50,000 miles on the bike.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

PCC

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2004, 12:46:56 PM »

My feeling is that these V-Twins are still close to 1950's tractor motors. Don't be afraid to get the shop manual and work on the thing yourself. You might end up like me. I converted a bedroom in the house to the HD garage. Patio, french doors, diamond plate on the walls. plumbed for compressed air, a handy lift and beer fridge. I started out with 1 98 king and learned little by little. On the new one I just finished the heads cams, new primary gearing and a six speed. Did it all myself and bought the tools as I went along. All this probably saved me about $3,500 this time around.This lets you view the warranty in a whole different light. Plus I don't want some of those guys at the dealership working on my bike. TEXT [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2004, 12:48:39 PM »

The question was how to get 11yrs of warranty.  So you start with the 2yr then buy 5yr extended warranty then when you are close to the end of the 7yrs of warranty (2weeks before the 7yrs are up) you extend the warranty for 4yrs more if you don't have more than 50,000 miles on your bike.  Yah right who would have a 7yr old bike with less than 50,000 miles on it.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2004, 01:02:04 PM »

My feeling is that these V-Twins are still close to 1950's tractor motors. Don't be afraid to get the shop manual and work on the thing yourself. You might end up like me. I converted a bedroom in the house to the HD garage. Patio, french doors, diamond plate on the walls. plumbed for compressed air, a handy lift and beer fridge. I started out with 1 98 king and learned little by little. On the new one I just finished the heads cams, new primary gearing and a six speed. Did it all myself and bought the tools as I went along. All this probably saved me about $3,500 this time around.This lets you view the warranty in a whole different light. Plus I don't want some of those guys at the dealership working on my bike. TEXT [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]

Sounds like you have quite the set up PCC, but
« Last Edit: February 28, 2004, 01:05:39 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2004, 06:59:50 AM »

My dealership doesn't know anything about an 11 year warranty......but maybe that's because being in Calif. we all ride (more miles than the max. limit).

I can tell you that the extended warranty price is negotiable!  And that is just one of the reasons that I was so happy with my dealership.  I'm sworn to secrecy as to the details however, you can check out Chicago HD as to their discount on the Extended Warranty.  Mine included the tire and wheel coverage, also.

West Coast GTG   

roboehmke

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2010, 01:40:26 PM »

I bought my warranty directly from www.harleyextendedwarranty.com and saved a lot from what my dealer was charging!   I already used it when I ran over a 2" bolt in my rear tire.   Didn't pay 1 cent to a new tire installed at my local harley dealership.   

Rob
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 25 queries.