Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: 2013 FLHTCSE....8  (Read 10087 times)

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1986 FXR Super Glide - antique, but the Evo lives on!
    • A Shot in the Dark
Re: 2013 FLHTCSE....8
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2014, 08:03:10 AM »

My biggest gripe is the clutch release point

Spider, can you describe your issue with the release point?

Spider51

• My Other Bad Habit
    • CA

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 Stardust Silver/Slate
    • CVO2: 2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon (Wife's)
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2014, 11:24:35 AM »

The release point is right at the end of the release. It should be releasing near the midpoint of travel. My wife's 2012 Street Glide release begins at the midpoint of travel. Both are hydraulic clutches. Slow speed manuvers (sp) are nearly impossible because of the lack of control of the clutch release.
Stardust Silver/Slate                  Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
Clearview 8"                              Heat Demons
GA Tour Pack Re-Locator            Brukus Bag Locks
Brukus Bag Locks                       Wild One Chubby 575's
Premium Tour Pack Hinges          Rush True Duals
Wild One Chubby 578's               Corbin Dual Tourer
Full Sac DX Pipe
TTS Master Tune 2" Cores
All Lights Now LED
Mustang Saddle

hdaliaconis

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2017 CVO Ultra Limited - 2013 FLHTCUSE8 (Traded)

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2014, 01:31:30 PM »

I have the same issue.  Wish it could be adjusted!

The release point is right at the end of the release. It should be releasing near the midpoint of travel. My wife's 2012 Street Glide release begins at the midpoint of travel. Both are hydraulic clutches. Slow speed manuvers (sp) are nearly impossible because of the lack of control of the clutch release.
Do it now!

Spider51

• My Other Bad Habit
    • CA

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 Stardust Silver/Slate
    • CVO2: 2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon (Wife's)
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2014, 04:24:55 PM »

This is a common issue on the 2013's. Unfortunately there is no adjustment on a hydraulic clutch. I talked to a tech at Barnett Clutch's and he told me that the Barnett Scorpion will solve the problem. It has twice the friction surface area as the stock clutch and puts the friction back in the zone. Didn't want to put out the $550.00 but I also don't want to lay it down again (car cut me off at an intersection). No damage, just bruised pride.
Stardust Silver/Slate                  Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
Clearview 8"                              Heat Demons
GA Tour Pack Re-Locator            Brukus Bag Locks
Brukus Bag Locks                       Wild One Chubby 575's
Premium Tour Pack Hinges          Rush True Duals
Wild One Chubby 578's               Corbin Dual Tourer
Full Sac DX Pipe
TTS Master Tune 2" Cores
All Lights Now LED
Mustang Saddle

hdaliaconis

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2014, 09:10:53 PM »

I can relate to that!!

This is a common issue on the 2013's. Unfortunately there is no adjustment on a hydraulic clutch. I talked to a tech at Barnett Clutch's and he told me that the Barnett Scorpion will solve the problem. It has twice the friction surface area as the stock clutch and puts the friction back in the zone. Didn't want to put out the $550.00 but I also don't want to lay it down again (car cut me off at an intersection). No damage, just bruised pride.
Do it now!

HarleyGuy

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2015, 04:57:07 PM »

My biggest complaints about my bike:

1. The OEM handlebars--Switched to W.O.'s 577's--What a difference! (Who are these bikes designed for?).
2. Eliminating the catalytic converter-Switched to Rinehart XT True Duals w/4" mufflers.
3. Reducing the "heat" issue.--Added Wards Parts Werks Fan Kit, a SERT and a dyno tune when exhaust changed.
4. Cheap, older style tour pak lid hinges. Had the Premium Hinges installed before it left the dealership.
5. On/off valve lifter noise at 2900 RPM's--dealer says they cannot replicate--ESP WILL fix it someday!
6. Suspension--I think, for the price of these bikes H-D should have installed "Premium" quality parts as OEM.

Other than the above complaints, at 17,000 miles and 2+ seasons, I'm happy with my bike. ;D

TXGator

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: "JUSTICE" 2014 Jupiter Blue CVO Limited V&H Power Duals, 4.5" Hi Output Slipons SERT
    • CVO2: Non CVO 2015 Heritage Classic... Freedom Performance Racing True Duals, SERT
    • CVO3: My 16YO's first Harley... 2005 Sporty 883, Cobra Slash Cuts
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2015, 05:39:59 PM »

X2 with my 14 ltd..  been that way since new.

brwk

• Full CVO Member
  • Annv #782

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2015, 11:25:16 AM »

My only issue are the squeeky rear brakes.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2015, 11:48:50 AM »

Having been riding for forty years and over 3,000 miles that I've personally put on this bike.....I have to say that while there's room for improvement (suspension, etc.) that it is, by far, the most "complete" bike in stock form that I've ever owned.

For instance, I put 2,500 miles in that saddle in 2 1/2 days without any monkey butt issues or back issues......why would I even consider changing the seat, the handlebars, etc. 

I've read some of the complaints that others have posted.  For example....the front end dive when braking.  Yes, but then all three Ultra Classics that I've owned have done this.  While it does it, it's not near as bad as it was on my 89 or my 02 Ultra Classics.  And, I learned long ago to not use the front brake at slow speeds. :nervous:

It does have a 1st gear whine after downshifting that was annoying at first.  But I think I'm already getting used to that also.  :nixweiss:

While this is about the largest bike in the HD line up, it's surprisingly nimble for such a large, heavy bike.  My friend Mark demonstrates that better than anybody I know and he's not a big guy. :2vrolijk_21:

All things considered, it's just a really comfortable bike that you can put down the miles with, all day long.....or, run just up the street to do a little grocery shopping with. ;)  In short, I'm more happy with this bike in stock form than I've been with any bike I've owned.  I just hope I'm still saying this years from now.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2015, 03:53:23 PM »

I have to agree with JC.  I thought Ol' Maudie rode like a Cadillac, 'till I straddled Ol' Maybelle!  I mean, you can throw it anywhere with ease.  Handles like a dream!  Sits perfect for me!  No troubles with mine yet either, JC, 'ceptin I ain't got to ride her much.   8)  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

hdaliaconis

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2015, 11:41:47 AM »

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Have put over 15k miles on my 2013 CVO Ultra over the past two summers and it rides good, handles well, stops well, and runs well and cool.  Only mod is removed the cat and TTS race tuner.  I agree re. don't use the front brake for low speed/parking lot stops.  Use the rear brake only and you will avoid sudden nose dives to the pavement.  Also take a police riding training course.

JMO

Al

Having been riding for forty years and over 3,000 miles that I've personally put on this bike.....I have to say that while there's room for improvement (suspension, etc.) that it is, by far, the most "complete" bike in stock form that I've ever owned.

For instance, I put 2,500 miles in that saddle in 2 1/2 days without any monkey butt issues or back issues......why would I even consider changing the seat, the handlebars, etc. 

I've read some of the complaints that others have posted.  For example....the front end dive when braking.  Yes, but then all three Ultra Classics that I've owned have done this.  While it does it, it's not near as bad as it was on my 89 or my 02 Ultra Classics.  And, I learned long ago to not use the front brake at slow speeds. :nervous:

It does have a 1st gear whine after downshifting that was annoying at first.  But I think I'm already getting used to that also.  :nixweiss:

While this is about the largest bike in the HD line up, it's surprisingly nimble for such a large, heavy bike.  My friend Mark demonstrates that better than anybody I know and he's not a big guy. :2vrolijk_21:

All things considered, it's just a really comfortable bike that you can put down the miles with, all day long.....or, run just up the street to do a little grocery shopping with. ;)  In short, I'm more happy with this bike in stock form than I've been with any bike I've owned.  I just hope I'm still saying this years from now.
Do it now!

red ben59

• 1K CVO Member
  • ALL GAVE SOME SOME GAVE ALL
    • NC

• CVO1: 08 FXDSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2015, 10:09:34 PM »

Put the premium ride double cartridge assembly on it and stopped the brake dive and the corner drift at speed. Couldn't believe the difference it made. 9,000 miles of joy. Was going to fix the rear to play well with the front this winter but ended up trading for a 14. It has less than 100 miles on it (will change tomorrow sun shinning @ 58*) but the suspension has been up graded and the exhaust and tuner installed. Loved the 13 but fell for for the 14.  :nixweiss:

dflanagan2012

• IA

• CVO1: 2013 ultra classic cvo 110
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2015, 02:07:44 PM »

Hi all.
I have a 2013 cvo ultra and just love the thing, I had a 2012 cvo softail and traded for this bike, the softail fit me perfect but with 2up riding it just wasn't comfy for any distance, now the ultra on the other hand we can ride all day with no problems!
and it handles great! took a little while to get use to the difference in bikes. only thing I've done is changed the handle bars to fit me better, need to address the heat from the cat but that will come soon.
Springs comin.............soon I hope.

flyguy

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 110th Anniversary
    • CVO2: 2016 Road Glide Ultra 117 Kit
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2015, 11:01:52 AM »

Well it seems that this is a bit of an old topic; yet i'm just seeing it and thought I would comment. Waiting for the FOG to clear.
I have a 13 FLHTCUSE8-ANV, We've put over 20K on it and plan to do some more. Heres what we've noticed and done to her..
Changed to Jackpot Headers, kept stock mufflers, I like the sound, much louder than with the stock header and better performance yet without any annoying drone for the long haul rides.
We changed out the seat for a "14" CVO seat, what a difference it made on the cross country trip, along with a change of bars to 575's(wished they were just an 1" further back)
Put a set of Michelin Commander ll tires, (love them). Had a power Commander V on there and switched out to a TTS, and a Dyno Tune, Performance is great, no issues in the mountains 2 up or with altitude changes..Added water bottle and storage to the saddlebag crash bars. Heated gear plugs for 2. Added an Wards parts works fan http://www.wardspartswerks.com, really like that but had to replace the thermo switch once. Added and HDBOMM http://hdbomm.com, which works great, I can listen to pandora and do directions with Siri and take and place phone calls if needed all through the helmet mic with SIRI.
Added a Rammount to hold the I phone with the "claw" and a USB power plug adapter to the Cig lighter for the iPhone..It all works great. The only things that have given me concern are the following.
I've never been happy with the brakes, the rear seems woefully lacking, especially compared to riding a 14 or 15. I've always felt I've had a front end wobble especially at slow speeds and tracking around corners at slow speeds has never seem to be as good as it should. Front wheel makes a noise that I always wonder if its a bearing (wirring noise) it never is though, I think its either the tires or air moving around the design of the stock front wheel.. It's always "its fine" or "Can Not Duplicate" when I take it in. I also think the steering head bearing might be the culprit, and or upgrading the front tubes might make the difference. But that said, it's never caused any real concern at highway speeds. I've had starter issues missed starts and grinding noise from the starter, oil soaking from the air cleaner is always been an issue (not sure what to do there). Oh and last but not least I did remove the stock headlight and replace with a Hella Euro code lens and H4 80/120 watt bulb (Huge difference) and because it EU code it doesn't blind oncomers, added the harley LED Aux lights along with the relay to keep the AUX on with your hi beam and It really lights up the long roads at night.
We love the bike, she's comfortable responsive, and a looks sharp and besides some tweaking she's been a pleasure to ride even when fully loaded cross country.
It's spring....Get out and ride.....:)

Jermar

• CVO1: 2013 Ultra Classic FLHTCUSE8, Tribal Orange
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2015, 02:31:27 PM »

Flyguy,
You were able to swap out the 13 CVO seat with a 14? No problems or issues with rear tour pack speakers? Been thinking of doing same for the wife and myself, think the 14 seat is more comfortable and sitting you a little lower as well.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.202 seconds with 22 queries.