Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Corbin seat  (Read 9516 times)

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
Re: Corbin seat
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2015, 05:00:02 PM »

Just received a Corbin seat for my 2015 RGU, it does not fit correctly and hard as a rock. Corbin insist it is the correct seat and will not fix it. Their customer service sucks, very condescending, this is my second seat from them first one was great. I will never buy their product again and suggest you look at a different brand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Any update on the outcome?
I thinking of getting one...but concerned about the fit issue.

Thanks

Puma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2014 FLHRSE Dragula 2, SESTP, C&C Fastback
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2015, 07:14:32 PM »

I was thinking about a Corbin as well, but I'm not sure about the close version. I already feel like I'm too close to the tank and bars. As for the charging plug. The dealer sold me the bike with mine hanging out the bottom of the left side cover. It seems like there is a cutout for it and you can hardly see it. A little close to the pipe, but I have a ghost pipe on that side now, so there is no concern for heat. With a functioning pipe and muffler on that side I would definitely tuck it up inside the cover after winter's end.
2014 CVO Road King: Titianium/Black, Dragula 2 (2-1), SESTP, C&C Fastback

msemersky

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2015, 08:47:41 PM »

I have Corbin Solo Tour and love it. Brought me back a few inches so I can stretch out on bike.  I have backrest too. You can adjust angle or allow it to swivel by adjusting pivot point screw in actual backrest. Lower pivot point screw pushes backrest forward or backward. Check out attachment. Corbin should do a video showing how to adjust.

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2015, 10:23:25 PM »

Thanks, I have never seen this. I called Corbin about adjustment and they never mentioned this  drawing. Thanks Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

Wild Hog 4

• Senior CVO Member
    • CVO3: 2018 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2015, 08:38:02 PM »

Can you please confirm billy if this is as the drawing shows ,as you have I believe the corbin solo, which I am thinking of getting also (it's only the lack of backrest adjustment that's putting me off)
Does then the backrest indeed let you adjust it both in rake adjustment and tilt of the backrest pad,ie two way adjustment like mustangs do?
As I thought the lower set screw under the flap was only for securing the backrest post to the seat frame and didn't allow any adjustment,  :)
Ride free brothers!

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2015, 08:45:14 PM »

I have Corbin Solo Tour and love it. Brought me back a few inches so I can stretch out on bike.  I have backrest too. You can adjust angle or allow it to swivel by adjusting pivot point screw in actual backrest. Lower pivot point screw pushes backrest forward or backward. Check out attachment. Corbin should do a video showing how to adjust.

Very Interesting.  I have never seen this.  I am sure going to take my seat off and see if I can move it forward like the drawing. Will be a few week until I get  chance to check this out, but can't wait.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2015, 09:17:19 PM »

Can you please confirm billy if this is as the drawing shows ,as you have I believe the corbin solo, which I am thinking of getting also (it's only the lack of backrest adjustment that's putting me off)
Does then the backrest indeed let you adjust it both in rake adjustment and tilt of the backrest pad,ie two way adjustment like mustangs do?
As I thought the lower set screw under the flap was only for securing the backrest post to the seat frame and didn't allow any adjustment,  :)
I will look at it tomorrow but I don't think that the dwg is correct for my solo seat. Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

msemersky

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2015, 09:31:22 PM »

Drawing is correct for my Corbin backrest. Tilt upper part of backrest fully forward to access small Allen screw.

msemersky

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2015, 09:43:24 PM »

Large screw in seat allows backrest to move forward or backward.

msemersky

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2015, 09:45:05 PM »

Small screw in backrest adjusts how far angle it will allow.

msemersky

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2015, 09:49:14 PM »

It is winter in Chicago so bike is in storage. I apologize for the bad pictures. Rotate top pivot fully forward to access upper pivot screw. Make's all the difference in the world being able to position where it is comfortable.

Wild Hog 4

• Senior CVO Member
    • CVO3: 2018 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2015, 03:13:10 PM »

Hmmmm........looks promising if you do have the dual adjustment!
 i wonder if this is the same adjustment available on the corbin classic solo and gunfighter seat :confused5:
Ride free brothers!

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2015, 05:24:09 PM »

I just installed a new classic solo on my SERG and I don't have the different length screw adjustment.  I recall I did have this feature on my dual tour for the SEEG.  Seems it's not available on all models.
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2015, 06:14:08 PM »

I called and it is not available on the  solo which makes it useless if you ask me. Billy

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2015, 08:58:44 PM »

I called and it is not available on the  solo which makes it useless if you ask me. Billy

That explains why I never noticed it on my solo.  Was hoping it was there and I just missed it.  Sure seems like it should have it.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 22 queries.