Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2015 CVO SG twin cooled lower fairing covers?  (Read 2362 times)

rockinred

2015 CVO SG twin cooled lower fairing covers?
« on: January 27, 2015, 08:16:33 AM »

Does anyone know if there are any options for the twin cooled inner lower fairings?  I liked the speakers in the compartment and with those speaker add ons the inner fairing looks painted with speaker on top to match bike. 

I know there is some equipment inside of lower faring, but I need some cosmetic options.  If no speaker, how about a gloss black finish for inner fairing options or something.  That rubber looks cheap on a high end bike. 

Anyone here heard of any options on these bikes with the twin cooled fairings?  Really needs some cosmetic dress up.  Thanks!

CVOSGJoe

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

Re: 2015 CVO SG twin cooled lower fairing covers?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 10:01:54 AM »

Agreed..... Working on bike the other day, can't ride I this weather so might as well work on it, and I thought the same thing.  They need something other than flat/dull hideous covers
'17 CVO Street Glide w/117 kit.. more mods to come
SOLD-'15 CVO Street Glide. H.C. Mercury Mods are: FM 2-1-2 ceramic header, E-Series FM slip-ons, PV-2, 110 tweaked by Fuel Moto, Detachable Tour-Pak, Heated Seat & Grips and the list goes on....

DOWNTOWN DON

• Full CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: 2012 flhxse3 Black diamond, Dark slate. (WRECKED)
    • CVO2: 2015 flhxse4 Starfire Black/Gold Dust Flames.
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 03:11:11 AM »

They make a pouch that mounts to the lid of the older model lowers, but we held it up to a 2015 and it didn't fit well. Hopefully they will soon make one for the new models. Extra storage for keys, glasses, or phone is needed as I'm not putting on a windshield pouch and screwing up the functunality of the fairing vent.
CVO1:  Fullsac "DX" pipe/2" power cores & tts mastertune, mustang super solo vintage/13" rear pillion, 7" lrs ultra elite dark tint windshield, truk lite ph7 headlight & custom dynamics signals,  color matched king tour pak.
CVO2:  Fullsac "DX" pipe/2 1/4" power cores, screens, & tts mastertune, 7" lrs ultra elite/dark tint/screemin eagle scripture, fairing vents, fork baffle, matching pass boards & backrest, and a LOT more to come.

Thx and come again: "DOWNTOWN DON"

rockinred

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 07:46:33 AM »

Don... do you work at a dealership?  If so, the other option would be is to look at the brackets for speaker mounted and maybe use those with some mods?  I wonder if the bolt up is completely different or if the main reason is fitment in the back of lid where speaker magnet is.  If its the same fitment, doesn't seem like it would be too hard to mod.  Just some food for thought.

DOWNTOWN DON

• Full CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: 2012 flhxse3 Black diamond, Dark slate. (WRECKED)
    • CVO2: 2015 flhxse4 Starfire Black/Gold Dust Flames.
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 09:55:13 PM »

Dont work there, just have a good dealer that lets me play around with their stuff. Once you've bought three bikes, they tend to be a little more leaniant. lol
CVO1:  Fullsac "DX" pipe/2" power cores & tts mastertune, mustang super solo vintage/13" rear pillion, 7" lrs ultra elite dark tint windshield, truk lite ph7 headlight & custom dynamics signals,  color matched king tour pak.
CVO2:  Fullsac "DX" pipe/2 1/4" power cores, screens, & tts mastertune, 7" lrs ultra elite/dark tint/screemin eagle scripture, fairing vents, fork baffle, matching pass boards & backrest, and a LOT more to come.

Thx and come again: "DOWNTOWN DON"

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 24 queries.