Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: fxr-sp  (Read 8989 times)

91FXR

fxr-sp
« on: November 28, 2009, 12:18:05 PM »

I'm selling my dyna and looking for a 92 or 93 fxrs-sp. Is there any differences in the frame geometry on the SP compared to the CONV? Did they both come with air assisted suspension on the front? I have found a CONV. I may be interested in if the frames, forks are the same as the SP.
thanks, Dennis

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: fxr-sp
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 12:37:14 PM »

I'm selling my dyna and looking for a 92 or 93 fxrs-sp. Is there any differences in the frame geometry on the SP compared to the CONV? Did they both come with air assisted suspension on the front? I have found a CONV. I may be interested in if the frames, forks are the same as the SP.
thanks, Dennis

The FXR frames are the same. Many other components changed over the years to make the different FXR models. But the basic frame spec is the same. The 2 bikes you refer to have taller suspensions, and are better handling bikes, than say a Low Rider or even the CVO's! With the right components, any FXR can be made into any other FXR. ;)

BTW, welcome aboard Dennis. I hope you'll find interest in our FXR GTG when you get yours together. See the link in my sig! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! :coolblue:
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

gsxrboy96

• CVO1: 2004 seeg ....blue with a bad ass 103
    • CVO2: 2003 ultra
    • CVO3: 1997 flht
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 10:13:27 PM »

i just sold my fxrs. and i gotta be honest. im missing it already, ugh.

91FXR

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 08:19:34 PM »

I saw that bike on another forum, ebay and craigslist. I emailed you on craigs about it, Yea i am also crying over missing that one --Dennis   could you email and let me know what it went for so I could use it as a benchmark

91FXR

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 08:05:05 PM »

I am looking at one on Friday. I appreciate the pms. If I make the deal I will post pics............. and  make it to N.C.? thanks, Dennis   

91FXR

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2009, 07:35:58 PM »

Still looking. No deal on the one I looked at Friday.

gsxrboy96

• CVO1: 2004 seeg ....blue with a bad ass 103
    • CVO2: 2003 ultra
    • CVO3: 1997 flht
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2009, 08:28:36 PM »

ill keep my eye out for ya, i run across them quite often, esp here in stl, are you against driving and getting one? chad.

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2009, 08:09:58 AM »

The SP was a great bike , my brother had one for 20 years .  I had an FXDX for a few years which was the closest Dyna equivalent.
I'd got it because I liked his SP so much.
Good luck in the search.
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

91FXR

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2009, 08:29:49 PM »

Chad,

Im in Texas, the one I went to look at friday was in California. I regret the money I lost going out there but was glad I didnt buy just from the pics over the internet. Im still kicking myself for not making a deal for the one you had for sale.

Dennis

Bullwinkle

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2009, 08:35:39 PM »

As far as I can determine the FXR-SP, Convertible, and FXRP were the same, regarding frame and suspension.

The Convertible had soft removable saddlebags and the rear turn signals moved off the fender struts to the sides of the license plate.  It also had, I believe, buckhorn handlebars as opposed to the drag bars on the FXR-SP.  The police bike had the lifted suspension, and was different in the police specific areas such as seats, bags, handlebars, and fairing.  Basically, not a lot of difference and if you want the raised bike, you can always buy longer fork tubes, front springs and rear shocks, and do it yourself.

cvo junkie

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2010, 02:28:55 AM »

i have both the sp and the convertible i know the sp chad went and looked at i was gonna buy that one also just from the photos but once chad passed i new something was up.
i have scored 2 fxrs sp's in the last 3 months and i must say i have been looking for a couple of years and these are the cleanest. my convertible is also amazing.
i love them both they ride the same but the sp is magic.
here is a photo of 1 of my sp's

91FXR

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2010, 08:44:27 PM »

I watched that one being passed around on ebay the last couple of months. talked to the owners both times, never could make a deal. Once it was in AZ. then for sale in CA. I got a little nervous so I bought this for 7K. All original

nitruc

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2010, 10:34:22 PM »

Man those SP are sweet....... what year and miles on the black one fxdl? I have been looking for one for a while to, just not many nice ones around it seems. Found a 1992 with 16k on it all stock.....$8900.00 just to much money so I will sit till something come up thats reasonable.......in a depressed market.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2010, 08:02:41 AM »

Man those SP are sweet....... what year and miles on the black one fxdl? I have been looking for one for a while to, just not many nice ones around it seems. Found a 1992 with 16k on it all stock.....$8900.00 just to much money so I will sit till something come up thats reasonable.......in a depressed market.
As the clean, low-mileage desireable ones become more & more rare, the prices will surely rise & rise, even in this depressed mkt.  :oops:  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

nitruc

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2010, 08:46:44 PM »

The nice thing is these older bikes the banks are not crazy to loan money on them ....... so cash is king
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 25 queries.