Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: HELP! 26 Days straight riding BIG BLUE, it is that good.. Rain or shine  (Read 2423 times)

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member
Re: HELP! 26 Days straight riding BIG BLUE, it is that good.. Rain or shine
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2011, 12:47:50 AM »

Hello Glen,
A couple of things, first of all you are playing with 5 cylinders full ammo clicking to your head going over night non-stop...  Really Dude, cool it, Roos are bad, wombats, what ever else...  Graveyard shift, na na na... :-\

On the Engineering, running full synthetic I have done a bit of a study on it...  4000 kms oil change is for those not riding much.  Low klms Riders then it is the 4000 kms or once a year is for the engine sitting most of the time...  If you are riding this much, 7640 on mine in six months, then you are cool for 8000 kms or once a year...  I would change it when I got home, at my leisure.  This is NOT TRUE for normal HD oil, but the Synthetic it is surely OK and what is recommended here by HD Australia.

On cleaning, I like to rinse off full pressure with a nozzle, then wash with a sheepskin mitt softly with someing like Maguiars Soft Wash for custom paints, smells good to.  Then I shammy it dry to get off the water spots..  Every other wash, is then a polish with "Harley Shine" or when I want to show it off...
This has kept my last four Harleys looking near mint condition... 

On the two CVOs, I just cannot make a case for keeping the O&B as I like riding the Ultra that much....                 Stay safe Glen...

glenpick

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 Orange / Black
Re: HELP! 26 Days straight riding BIG BLUE, it is that good.. Rain or shine
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2011, 02:36:29 AM »

Thanks for your advice Cowboy - I'll most probably do 2 12 hour days - this rains a bugger though - but any break is a good one. Always enjoy your take on things.
Cheers
Glen
"Be Thankful We're Not Getting All The Government We're Paying For"
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 25 queries.