Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: zumo on roadking  (Read 8742 times)

Sean M Cary

Re: zumo on roadking
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2008, 10:07:25 AM »

mount one and get back with me... :coolblue:

that was my main concern...i chamfered the mount a bit, have foam at a few spots and i do no audio....so far so good. i also have a steel leader for backup.

TN

Hey TN -(Dug this one up from a search), that is one ugly a$$ sticker on your windshield  ;D 

did you stay with this mount?  I am playing with mounting my new Zumo and wondering where/how i want to mount it.

Sean

novazeus

• Full CVO Member

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2008, 02:44:41 PM »

Hey TN -(Dug this one up from a search), that is one ugly a$$ sticker on your windshield  ;D 

did you stay with this mount?  I am playing with mounting my new Zumo and wondering where/how i want to mount it.

Sean

Sean,

I ordered the TechMount for mine Thursday - should have it by Tuesday.  My bike is a SEUC, so we probably have a few different mounting issues.  I currently have mine mounted on the left side controls with the two long screws that came with the Zumo... it's ok, but there is not enough chrome involved.  I saw the chrome TechMount in another thread and had to get one :2vrolijk_21:
I also ordered the protective film for the screen.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2008, 03:11:56 PM »

Sean,

I ordered the TechMount for mine Thursday - should have it by Tuesday.  My bike is a SEUC, so we probably have a few different mounting issues.  I currently have mine mounted on the left side controls with the two long screws that came with the Zumo... it's ok, but there is not enough chrome involved.  I saw the chrome TechMount in another thread and had to get one :2vrolijk_21:
I also ordered the protective film for the screen.

yeah, scored the film also - as well as the replacement for the security screw. 

Just looking for alternatives.  Hoist sent me a few examples as well.

I am using the Garmin mount on my Kawa - most likely the techmount on the SERK.

Sean

ad2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2008, 04:40:09 PM »

I've tried the Techmount, but couldn't get it to be as flexible as the RAM mount. I'd rather have the chrome versus black, but the RAM allows me to bend the durn thing just about any way I want.
2007 Screamin' Eagle Road King

Razor Red, Garmin 660 GPS, Passing Lights, Rear LED Run-Turn-Brake, Saddle Shields, Hard Bags, DeadCenter Fairing, XM Satelllite Stereo, Mini Beast II Air Horn, Neck Covers, C&C Fastback Seat, Wheel Dock Center Stand, Chubbys 575, 8" Recurve Shield

rico_54

« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2008, 11:43:03 PM »

for the cleanest mount on a rodking checkout powerlet.net,  if u don't see it on the site all u have do is call them.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2008, 06:30:18 AM »

for the wire, do you drill and pull it in the handlebars, or just tie wrap it to the clutch cable???

I am scared Chitless to drill the bars if that is the case...but figure that a wire running down the clutch cable will look like a$$...

:nixweiss: :nixweiss:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2008, 07:35:18 AM »

for the wire, do you drill and pull it in the handlebars, or just tie wrap it to the clutch cable???

I am scared Chitless to drill the bars if that is the case...but figure that a wire running down the clutch cable will look like a$$...

:nixweiss: :nixweiss:

Sean, if you install the mount for the cradle on the lower horizontal part of the bars, you can come out of the riser hole in the Nacelle and tie wrap them to the cradle. The only wires you really see on mine are from the stereo install; speakers, XM, and audio signal wires. But you don't see much of the power wiring for the Zumo from the aux switch. ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 25 queries.