Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: repack of pro pipe unsuccesful. Anyone have the quiet baffle in one?  (Read 3434 times)

kojack

• gearhead!
  • Senior CVO Member
    • NL

• CVO1: 2001 Sceamin eagle road glide (custom)

Well,  I tried repacking the "baffle" in my Pro pipe,  all 1" of it.  Someone also cut a huge square hole in it as well.  I was wondering anyone have the quiet baffle installed in their pro pipe?  I am after seeing a couple of different baffles.   From the one I have,  to the quiet baffle with a big piece of tube out the rear,  to another long one fully wrapped in packing.  which one should I buy.  I don't like the sound of my bike now.  too raspy and tinny sounding.
Mavericks RC
MFFM

Powered by gasoline and southern comfort!

Ridgerunr

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

Re: repack of pro pipe unsuccesful. Anyone have the quiet baffle in one?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 08:31:58 AM »

V&H has a quiet baffle for the Propipe, but according to Jamie @ Fuel Moto, it hurts low end torque. I thought it would help, but his testing showed it didn't. He advised me to use the standard baffle.
2004 Roadglide 113" (sold)
2014 CVO RoadKing
2015 RGS

twinotter

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 12:25:26 PM »

I've been running a old style Propipe for 10+ yrs now. One thing I was not impressed with was the quantity and quality of the packing. Stock packing lasted about 1000miles and was GONE!! Pipe got considerably louder. I purchased packing designed for FLH mufflers, it didn't do much better, lasting at best 22-3000miles.
In desperation, I cut my old Dyna muffler apart and used the packing, held in place with mechanics wire (not masking tape like original). It much denser, and was replaced after 7 yrs, 40K. If someone hacked a big hole in the baffle tube, you may want to consider closing it up some with a big flat washer (leave 1/2" min for tuning). fwiw twinotter

kojack

• gearhead!
  • Senior CVO Member
    • NL

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2015, 05:36:25 PM »

My baffle is REALLY short,  and if I wrapped it all,  I would only have 5 1/4 inch holes for flow.   I don't know what to do now.   hmmmm.
Mavericks RC
MFFM

Powered by gasoline and southern comfort!

Sprintkid

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2015, 09:47:45 PM »

I tried the Pro Pipe. Stock it was to loud for me on long hauls. I put the quiet baffle in and it was way to quiet and had terrible sound quality. Sold Pro Pipe and went back to fuel moto head pipe and slip ons.

kojack

• gearhead!
  • Senior CVO Member
    • NL

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2015, 06:57:45 AM »

I am now looking at the cobra dual header and race pro mufflers.  I don't mind loud but hate the tinny sound of the pro pipe.  My neighbour has the 4" rineharts and they sound great!
Mavericks RC
MFFM