Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 30t on a springer?????  (Read 3028 times)

08CVOSPRNGER

• Junior CVO Member
30t on a springer?????
« on: December 29, 2011, 10:14:09 PM »

Has anybody changed the front sprocket to a 30t?? I would like to rear gear mine and would like some more info about the change.

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
Re: 30t on a springer?????
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 11:58:50 PM »

I know that there other threads covering this topic mostly on the touring line.  If you try it out, keep us springer riders informed on how it works out. I'd be interested.
Jesus is Lord

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 12:03:07 AM »

If you do a "30T" search under Drive Train you will find plenty of info on the subject.  Good luck.
Jesus is Lord

08CVOSPRNGER

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 12:51:16 PM »

I see all the threads for the 30t on the baggers, just not on the springer.

InfernoCVO

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 FXSTSSE2
    • CVO2: 2012 cvo street glide
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 06:13:22 PM »

had the 30t intsalled on my 08 springer one of the best upgrades so far, can actually use 6th gear now ::)

08CVOSPRNGER

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 10:31:30 PM »

Infernocvo, where did you get your 30t from? These bikes are geared to high for me and I got to change mine.

InfernoCVO

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 11:17:47 PM »

The 30t is from Andrews part#1201-0227, the belt is H-D part#40074-07. I think you will like the difference but this change will throw your spedo off a little and your 6th gear indicator wont work unless you have a TTS tuner then all can be corrected. Hope this helps

08CVOSPRNGER

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 11:28:57 PM »

Thanks. Helps alot.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2011, 08:31:34 PM »

If you want a 30 tooth output sprocket, you can get one from your friendly Harley dealer for about $75 MSRP.  That's much less than the Baker or Andrews parts, and it's the same part they use on the factory trike.  P/N 83595-11

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2012, 03:45:54 AM »

Jerry, what's your opinion about tuning after installing a 30T sprocket. Like on my springer I have only changed the stock pipes to vance & hines big radius 2-2, SERT with a dealer performed dyno tune. Do you think it would be justified or needed to re-tune after changing the sprocket? appreciate any ideas.
Jesus is Lord

biker0051

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2012, 11:58:25 AM »

Inferno CVO-- why would your sixth gear indicator not work from a pulley change? This is the combination I am looking to put on my FXSTSSE2. Thanks to all that gave part numbers! I purchased Cycle Shack 1547 baffles to replace the stock baffles in the stock Slash Downs and purchased a set of stock headpipes for a '07 and up Softail Nightrain. Gives it that sound they had from the old SE mufflers, not like the SE2 mufflers and later.  I didn't like the sound from any of the other guys like V&H, Bassani, ...etc. The stock Harley 2 into 2 with the balance tube is a superior system to the others. Total cost to change this, baffles $45.00 on Ebay(new) and headpipes with stock taper mufflers $100.00 also Ebay, plus the price of new exhaust gaskets! About $160.00! Sure beats $900.00 to go with the other guys! The Daytona Twin Tech System is the way to go! It allows your sixth gear indicator to work, the sensors and alarm system, AND is able to be read with the HD scan tool should problems develop. Great if you're traveling and have a breakdown! Not so with the other ECM's. Cost is a little more than the Zipper Thundermax. I know there are cheaper systems, but they all require "Dyno" time which adds $$$ up! So spend it now or spend it later! But with spend it later it means dyno time with every change. Daytona and Zipper allow you to make changes with your laptop. Which means NO DYNO TIME!

InfernoCVO

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2012, 03:25:38 PM »

Not sure why it would not work right. Rode for a couple days some times it would work sometimes not. Wanted my spedo right and to keep everything working so had my sert upgraded to a TTS Mastertune for $100 corrected both and allows better tuning ability.

biker0051

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2012, 09:00:57 PM »

Inferno CVO-- why would your sixth gear indicator not work from a pulley change? This is the combination I am looking to put on my FXSTSSE2. Thanks to all that gave part numbers! I purchased Cycle Shack 1547 baffles to replace the stock baffles in the stock Slash Downs and purchased a set of stock headpipes for a '07 and up Softail Nightrain. Gives it that sound they had from the old SE mufflers, not like the SE2 mufflers and later.  I didn't like the sound from any of the other guys like V&H, Bassani, ...etc. The stock Harley 2 into 2 with the balance tube is a superior system to the others. Total cost to change this, baffles $45.00 on Ebay(new) and headpipes with stock taper mufflers $100.00 also Ebay, plus the price of new exhaust gaskets! About $160.00! Sure beats $900.00 to go with the other guys! The Daytona Twin Tech System is the way to go! It allows your sixth gear indicator to work, the sensors and alarm system, AND is able to be read with the HD scan tool should problems develop. Great if you're traveling and have a breakdown! Not so with the other ECM's. Cost is a little more than the Zipper Thundermax. I know there are cheaper systems, but they all require "Dyno" time which adds $$$ up! So spend it now or spend it later! But with spend it later it means dyno time with every change. Daytona and Zipper allow you to make changes with your laptop. Which means NO DYNO TIME!

I couldn't use the stock slash downs. Mounting bolts didn't line up with the bracket. Bought a pair of SE mufflers(80495-07) on Ebay for $64.63. Just going to swap the Cycle Shack baffles into them. Still far cheaper and better design with the 2 into 2. They went to all the trouble to deck the bike out in chrome and then hide the wheels with the shotgun pipes. Makes no sense!

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 22 queries.