Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Function Over Form...  (Read 2000 times)

dak47

• Junior CVO Member
Function Over Form...
« on: November 11, 2013, 05:09:33 PM »

Well, I finally did it........  Just a short ride as the weather is done for the year but did hit highway speeds for experimental purposes. Holy smokes with minimal fiddling, this thing rocks, I'll get over the look and at a certain tilt - not that bad  ;)
The wife is a trooper, but we ain't getting any younger and the long tour days are getting to her neck, have to see if I can get it adjusted to protect her in the spring - even my tunes got tons better. I think that will make for 5 windscreens for sale this spring by the preliminary findings.

- 2012 "Dogfish" CVO
-2003 Gunmetal, warmed over 103" R.G.

dak47

• Junior CVO Member
Re: Function Over Form...
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 05:12:02 PM »

Even left it at the "upright" angle that worked the best at speed for this pic. Looks better laid down, and takes about 5 seconds to do.....
- 2012 "Dogfish" CVO
-2003 Gunmetal, warmed over 103" R.G.

Skillet

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHR Road King
    • CVO3: 1980 FXB Sturgis
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 12:55:55 AM »

Hey whatever makes you happy and comfortable. It's definitely different but if it works for you then it's all good.

lowflight

• Senior CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2013 SERG
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 09:07:30 PM »

If it works for you and BSR than it is great, whatever keeps you out riding is the best option that there is!

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 11:28:11 AM »

Well, I finally did it........  Just a short ride as the weather is done for the year but did hit highway speeds for experimental purposes. Holy smokes with minimal fiddling, this thing rocks, I'll get over the look and at a certain tilt - not that bad  ;)
The wife is a trooper, but we ain't getting any younger and the long tour days are getting to her neck, have to see if I can get it adjusted to protect her in the spring - even my tunes got tons better. I think that will make for 5 windscreens for sale this spring by the preliminary findings.

Is it just the angle of the two pictures that it makes the top picture outer shield just look pretty much flat and the second picture looks like the side wrap around amost to the extent of the original windshield?

Is this a Madstadt (spelling) windshield kit?

I too have been fighting to get the perfect windshield and my BSR is not complaining much, but I know there are better options for function than what I have now.  I'm using the Cee Bailey 15" recurve.

Thanks for posting the pictures and the quick report.  I'm looking forward to a more lengthy report in the spring.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 03:35:17 PM »

Glad you like it Dirk.  I love my Madstad, and couldn't care less how it looks. 

Sent from my iPad, probably while I'm pooping.
The best you've had is the best you know.

SmokeyJoe

• 2012 RGC CVO
  • Elite CVO Member
    • MS

• CVO1: 2012 Road Glide
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2013, 06:21:33 AM »

Anyway you could post some pics a little further back, I  would like to see how that clear shield looks - thanx
FuelMotos exhaust and tuning, Ohlins Front/Rear

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 24 queries.