Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All

Author Topic: Modular helment  (Read 32358 times)

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
Re: Modular helment
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2014, 12:46:20 PM »

Ok - who's gonna be the first on the site to get the Skully..................

Did anyone ever hear what the price is?

Just saw it:  $1,399

Not as bad as I thought it would be, just a little more than a loaded up Schuberth.

Cowboy
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 12:50:40 PM by CowboyBagger »
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2014, 12:48:05 PM »

$1,299 Speed Demon

SKULLY AR-1

http://www.skullysystems.com/#perks
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

kmh364

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2014, 07:17:04 AM »

Quite a helmet! Too pricy for me...i'd be afraid to use it for fear of damage...workingman's lament

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bromebe

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2001 CVO FXDWG2 Switchblade
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO Road King
« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2014, 01:38:38 PM »

I went with HJC
walked into my HD dealer and said I was a HD modular and she said no you don't!
HJC makes HD helmets and it was half the price, I got mine for about $130, blue tooth ready
super quite and very comfortable

allot better than the Bell pit boss I also have
2013 CVO Screaning Eagle Road King - Big Blue
2001 CVO  Switchblade - Flash (sold)

kmh364

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2014, 02:30:40 PM »

HJC is good bang for the buck. HJC, KBC And AGV make the vast majority of H-D P&A helmets

wachuko

• Dr. Pending Projects
  • Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black - Gone
    • CVO2: 2012 Road Glide Custom CVO in Candy Cobalt-Twilight Blue - Gone
« Reply #65 on: September 03, 2014, 11:27:52 AM »

I have a Nolan N-104... great airflow, pin-lock means no more fogged screen... I can flip up the helmet at a stop light for added air flow... I am kind of spoiled.

Came from a Shoei earlier version of the multitec...

It is now that time of the year that I start to look for the next helmet... I see that Shark makes an HD branded helmet... but since I want to use this on my future Ducati and HD bikes... I will look at the Shark branded one...

So, besides the Shark Evoline 3ST and the Shoei Neotec... what else should I be looking at??

Are the Schuberth C3 Pro that much better to justify the $$$$???
Ride Safe!
Wachuko

2016 Softail Slim S
2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black with Aztec Shadow graphics. Gone!

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2014, 11:35:19 AM »

It might be but I can't find one to fit my face.

BigLew

kmh364

• Junior CVO Member

Modular helment
« Reply #67 on: September 03, 2014, 05:45:07 PM »

Exactly! It's only "better" if it fits and you're willing to spend the money!

Personally, I bought the HJC Symax III and ISmaxBT in Hi-Viz and White/Silver (both with the integrated Chatterbox BT), respectively, because they fit, I got killer prices on them, and I can wear them on either of my H-D's or my Ducat Multistrada ST. I bought a SHOEI Neotech in Metallic silver for the same reasons. Thank you Helmet House and SHOEI NA for the pro courtesy discounts!

I was not willing to spend $1300 on the Schuberth C3 Pro with integrated BT. Even with a MSF RiderCoach discount direct from Schuberth NA, it was way too much money and the Star Wars storm trooper look and claustrophobic fit turned me off.

FWIW, the Lazer Monaco Carbon Fibre modular is gorgeous, highly-rated, and ls loaded with features you'd pay extra for on other helmets. The LS2 FF394 is the first SNELL-rated modular and is also highly-rated. Do they fit? I haven't a clue. Nobody near me has either one. You could order through a reputable online retailer, and return if it's not for you.

There are a lot of choices. At all price points. Do your research and try them on. Your head and your wallet will tell you if a particular choice is "worth it" for you.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 06:40:17 PM by kmh364 »

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2014, 09:06:43 PM »

If you have a perfectly round head, the C3 is a nice helmet.  I have an Arai/oval head and the Neotech fits me perfectly.
The best you've had is the best you know.

wachuko

• Dr. Pending Projects
  • Elite CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2014, 09:37:03 PM »

Apologies to the OP for the hi-jack...

Looks like I will keep my helmet for some time... or get the N104 EVO (revised version) when it is time to change...  The wife just gave me the N-com B4 for my birthday (well, got to wait until the 9th to open it).

Ride Safe!
Wachuko

2016 Softail Slim S
2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black with Aztec Shadow graphics. Gone!

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
« Reply #70 on: September 06, 2014, 11:52:28 AM »

I own a Schuberth with the SRC system.  The helmet fits great (I must have a round head), but the audio system sucks, terrible sound quality.  If I was to spend this much money again, I would try the new Skully helmet.  Not sure about the Skully fit, but what it can do is pretty amazing.

Cowboy
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

wachuko

• Dr. Pending Projects
  • Elite CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #71 on: September 06, 2014, 12:37:41 PM »

I own a Schuberth with the SRC system.  The helmet fits great (I must have a round head), but the audio system sucks, terrible sound quality.  If I was to spend this much money again, I would try the new Skully helmet.  Not sure about the Skully fit, but what it can do is pretty amazing.

Cowboy

I just hope they are doing crash testings to see how that cube inside reacts...does it shatter or dislodge?  Would be sad to survive the crash but loose an eye in the process...

Also, size and weight will be an issue... with the latest developments in helmets we now have companies creating lighter and smaller helmets (or two shells for the different sizes).  That helps a lot with reducing buffeting and improving internal air flow.

The Skully looks huge...

Also, read the fine prints... you are still not buying a product... you are contributing to their development...

By clicking 'Continue', you acknowledge that you understand that you are contributing to a work-in-progress and not making a direct purchase. Perks are managed by the campaigners and cannot be guaranteed by Indiegogo. Your click also acknowledges that you agree to the Indiegogo Terms of Use.

So even after sending US$1,400.00 you run the risk of not getting the helmet... again, one more reason to just wait for the final product to come out next year and see real user reviews.

Products like these, you wait, you just wait... I am happy that they found brave souls to fund and provide the real world testing... but I will check back in two-three years...

Do not get me wrong. Love the idea. I wish them well. Having all that integrated to the helmet as an option for the rider to use will be very helpful. Those that find it as a distraction can always turn it off, but I see this technology moving mainstream.

Any bets on how long they last before getting acquired by one of the major brands?
Ride Safe!
Wachuko

2016 Softail Slim S

kmh364

• Junior CVO Member

Modular helment
« Reply #72 on: September 06, 2014, 03:01:06 PM »

I'll wait for the trickle-down tech. This stuff will be available in every manufacturer's helmets for less in two years or so. For $1400-plus, no thanks

« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 08:32:33 PM by kmh364 »

Royalroadie

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KS

« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2015, 06:48:27 PM »

I just purchased a schuberth c3 for under $500 including tax.  They are closing them out for the c3 pro which is the newer model.  I have a round head and it fits very nicely, xxl.  Call me meat head.
It's very quiet and has great air flow inside.  I could feel the air cooling the top of my head.  If you ever have an accident they will sell you a replacement for 1/3 the going price for the replacement helmet.  I hope to never take the up on that but it is comforting to know.  So much nicer than the HJC I had been using.  It is one of the few that you can adjust the sun visor to any position.  Most are either up or down only.  No more having to hold my arm up when driving straight into the sun. 

I could not be happier with it.   Thanks to all who shared their views on it.  I did a lot of research before I purchased and it was fellow forum posters who got me to consider the Schuberth.  Thanks guys!

« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 06:50:05 PM by Royalroadie »
V&H Power Dual Header
Rinehart 4"

Wild Hog 4

• Senior CVO Member
    • CVO3: 2018 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #74 on: May 13, 2015, 09:46:12 PM »

Cowboy

Yep X2 on that!
I have 2 schuberths the old version and new c3 pro, best comfort ever for me however your right on the SRC system ..total cr*p not only sound rubbish but I could not get used to the silly tiny buttons on it ended up always pressing the wrong button...needless to say sold the SRC system and got a sena10 much easier to use. :)
Ride free brothers!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 21 queries.