Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2013 SERK?  (Read 1708 times)

captainron62

• Junior CVO Member
2013 SERK?
« on: April 14, 2012, 09:53:13 AM »

I wonder if they will do a 2013 SERK?  If you look at past production history it is due!  The MOCO wont get any of my $$$ unless it has a bigger motor and hard bags!  I just got mine about the way I want it and I know what it cost the first time!!

Dead_Reckoning

• Elite CVO Member
  • 03 SERK
Re: 2013 SERK?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 10:05:33 AM »

What are you suggesting?
a SE110 or a SE120R power plant?

Frankly I would settle for a HiPo SE103

Government is best which governs least.

Power Commander 3 Tuner
Doherty Power PACC with K&N Air Filter
Screamin' Eagle® Hydraulic Cam Chain Tensioner and High-Flow Oil Pump
Headwinds 2" Bullet Passing Lights 50w'
Progressive 440HD Shocks & Monotube Fork cartridges
Dual Bulb Halogen Headlamp Kit

captainron62

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 11:30:45 AM »

What are you suggesting?
a SE110 or a SE120R power plant?

Frankly I would settle for a HiPo SE103

We wont see a 120R in a production bike, just not gonna happen unless its detuned and made street and production friendly.  I have an SE 110 in my 2007, so I would have to see a displacement increase up to a SE 117 or something like that and possibly the water cooled heads that are coming in the near future.

My point was I am not gonna buy a 2013 SERK if it still has a 110 displacement like the 2007 I already have.

deaf1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 04:31:00 PM »

Honestly,  I hope they dont come out with another SERK... I have a 08 in copper,  and it would make it more valuable (if thats even a possibility) if they dont produce them...

But I agree,  hard bags and possibly a option for a chopper tour pak would be nice.....

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 07:59:38 AM »

deaf1, I agree, I have added a Faring, Hard Bags, King-Tour Pak, all LED Lights, I think about all they could improve on is the front & rear shocks. But, If they did come out with a liquid cooled 117 or larger i would have to take a serious look.
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

captainron62

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 11:27:11 PM »

deaf1, I agree, I have added a Faring, Hard Bags, King-Tour Pak, all LED Lights, I think about all they could improve on is the front & rear shocks. But, If they did come out with a liquid cooled 117 or larger i would have to take a serious look.

Yup, just ordered my fairing, now gotta send it to Gene, more $$!!  I have two seats, two backrests, Rineharts, Race Tuner, highway pegs, etc, etc,  they would really have to bring it to get my attention!!

BTW, am I gonna like my fairing as much as I think I am?

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 09:08:29 AM »

Yes, I will be willing to bet you will love it. If you have never had a faring on a bike before it will be a little strange at first, but it it won't take very long to get use to it, I installed mine about two years ago and have never removed it, same with the King Tour Pak.

I sent my Faring, Hard Bags and King Tour Pak to Gene to paint all at the same time, They matached the paint perfectly and Pam (Genes wife) matched the Gold Oak Leaf Flames as well.  The bike was 4 yrs. old when i had all this done, But it looks like it was all painted at the same time.

Ride Safe  :2vrolijk_21:
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

captainron62

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 03:41:10 PM »

Yes, I will be willing to bet you will love it. If you have never had a faring on a bike before it will be a little strange at first, but it it won't take very long to get use to it, I installed mine about two years ago and have never removed it, same with the King Tour Pak.

I sent my Faring, Hard Bags and King Tour Pak to Gene to paint all at the same time, They matached the paint perfectly and Pam (Genes wife) matched the Gold Oak Leaf Flames as well.  The bike was 4 yrs. old when i had all this done, But it looks like it was all painted at the same time.

Ride Safe  :2vrolijk_21:

I am more than excited, Gene did my bags last month and nailed it!!  Really looking forward to the fairing!!

steve047

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 09:26:10 AM »

I just got a Dragonfly fairing and Gene was supposed to paint it but they now use a local painter which they didn't tell me and I am sooo disappointed in the paint job :(

captainron62

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2012, 05:33:05 PM »

I just got a Dragonfly fairing and Gene was supposed to paint it but they now use a local painter which they didn't tell me and I am sooo disappointed in the paint job :(

Just sent my Klock Werks fairing to Gene today, cant wait to get it back already!!

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 22 queries.