Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Author Topic: Best Riding Boot 2015  (Read 29378 times)

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
Re: Best Riding Boot 2015
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2015, 12:38:51 AM »

Well, let's just say I put my time in.  As for "work".....I have a reputation to keep up around here.

Here's a link to our newest project..350 units....about 3/4 finished....  http://broadstonecorsair.com/
That place looks terrific!
Alan

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2015, 04:09:36 AM »

A lot of good boots on the market.  I like GoreTex boots, I hate wet feet.  Some I've tried:

Daytona Roadstar GTX
Sidi Canyon

Cowboy
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

Heavy Fuel

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2015 Deluxe
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2015, 04:35:33 PM »

I have a pair of Alt-Berg Boots - Hogg all weather microlite, a little pricey but well worth it in my opinion. Have a look around their website and you will understand the work that goes into the boots whether Motorcycle boots, walking or military!

They are based in North Yorkshire, England. If anyone finds themselves in the area then they are well worth a look!

GSPLewie

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NE

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 - Big Red
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2015, 07:26:42 PM »

I have the HD Riddick's. Love them.

Jbbrown73

• Elite CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RG Ultra
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI (Brandywine)
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2015, 09:33:28 AM »

Red Wings
Carterville, (Southern) Illinois (that would be 350 miles south of Chicago)

ultrarider123

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2015, 10:13:11 AM »

I've commented on boots before (in some of those old threads referenced by JC.... :) ).  For me, motorcycle boots just don't make the cut.  Most of us want good, comfortable, sturdy riding boots that also make good walkers when we reach our destination.  Most actual riding boots don't fit both.  I've had a pair of Rockys for over 25 years that are STILL warm, comfortable, waterproof and in pretty decent shape.  Great riders and comfortable for any kind of walking after the ride.
I did semi-retire them last Summer for a pair of FXRG's.  These had been sitting on a sale table at K'ville HD West for about 3 months and in my size.  I got them for a song ($65).  Wore them most of last Summer but I wasn't happy with the fit/comfort and was going back to the Rockys.  Plus, I have the same height challenge that Jesse has....the sole on the new FXRG's just didn't compare to the soles on my 25 year old Rockys.
Three months ago I purchased these:  Ariat Workhog Pull-ons
http://www.ariat.com/men-work-footwear-work_boots#prefn1=All_Weather_Filter&prefv1=Waterproof
After three months or riding/walking/working in them, I'm sold and haven't put the Rockys on since.  Great riders, good thick soles/heels, actually waterproof.  I'm looking forward to many miles (riding and walking) in these.  The FXRG pair?  Gone....although the Rockys are still on the shelf ready to go at any time... ;D

What I and others have stated right out or by giving other examples, don't just focus on "motorcycle" boots.  There are many options out there and I suggest trying any boot in the store and walking around in them for at least 30 minutes or longer.  If you order on the devilnet, make sure they have a very good return policy... :2vrolijk_21:

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2015, 10:33:16 AM »

Three months ago I purchased these:  Ariat Workhog Pull-ons
http://www.ariat.com/men-work-footwear-work_boots#prefn1=All_Weather_Filter&prefv1=Waterproof
After three months or riding/walking/working in them, I'm sold and haven't put the Rockys on since.  Great riders, good thick soles/heels, actually waterproof.  I'm looking forward to many miles (riding and walking) in these.  The FXRG pair?  Gone....although the Rockys are still on the shelf ready to go at any time... ;D

Howard, thanks for the suggestion. Looking for boots is challenging enough without trying to find a comfortable boot that also makes you taller. I will check into these.

Jesse

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2015, 02:58:26 PM »

The Swat boots I ended up with were the short ones cause you gotta have some skinny legs to wear the regular height. :huepfenlol2: And I wore them way beyond worn out.

RK1679

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2015, 10:53:29 AM »

The SWAT boots are great.  Mine have stayed absolutely dry in the rain.  I'll buy another pair when these wear out!

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2015, 05:04:39 PM »

The Swat boots I ended up with were the short ones cause you gotta have some skinny legs to wear the regular height. :huepfenlol2: And I wore them way beyond worn out.

Did you get the 6" version? Did they fit true to size?

Jesse

|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

RK1679

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2015, 06:34:06 PM »

I got the 6" version and yes they run true to size

doublerunner

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra Classic Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO Road Glide Rio Red/Ember Black
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2015, 08:32:04 PM »

I was in the same spot and did much researching online. I also liked the swat boots, but ended up going with the Chippewa 92400 boots. Love them. And can walk in them comfortably when off the bike. I wore them a few times during the winter at work to help break them and they were comfortable all day long. And I am on my feet all day. Great vibram soles as well.

During my google searches, I found a guy who did a ton of research on riding boots. Tried them based on his recommendation and they have not dis-appointed

-------------------------------------
Enjoy the Journey

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2015, 10:20:23 PM »

I got the 6" version and yes they run true to size

Thank you  :2vrolijk_21:

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2015, 06:22:25 AM »

The 9" Original Swat Boots for confort and very light weight I would get them again for sure.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 05:15:31 AM by D-N-D »
DND

Cross threaded

• 2015 CVO Street Glide
  • Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2015, 06:43:30 PM »

This is the boot I bought.

http://www.originalswat.com/us_en/product-h-a-w-k-9-waterproof-side-zip-en-black.html

The boots have arived and I can't wait to put them to the test. (H.A.W.K. Original S.W.A.T. 9” WP Side-Zip). I'll use them all summer and spring logging thousands of miles, then I will see if I fell the same way about the boots. Fell great and look really good to; It will be late fall before the full verdict is in!
Hard Candy Mercury/Smokey Quartz Flames
Screamin' Eagle 110
Rinehart True Duals
Rinehart 4" exhaust with Black tips
Screamin' Eagle Pro Super Tuner
Yaffe Originals CVO Stealth III Plate Cover
OEM Chrome Inner Primary
OEM Chrome Starter
OEM Chrome Belt Guard
OEM Chrome Shift Linkage
OEM Chrome Motor Mount
OEM Chrome Motor Mount Linkage
OEM Chrome Fairing Vent
OEM Chrome Passanger Back Rest & CVO Pad
OEM Chrome Saddlebag Latches
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 24 queries.