Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Tour Pack Bags??  (Read 17048 times)

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
Re: Tour Pack Bags??
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2011, 12:54:53 AM »

JC,

That's the same bag I have and in all the years I've had it I have not found one that suits me better. I got it in 1997 and in the time I have had that one rack bag, I have had three Ultras.

Mark

I've had the Deker Supreme, Kuryakn Gran Tourer and several others mentioned.  They all have nice features.....one even had a handle and wheels.

But riding long distances I quickly learned a couple of things......I pack so much of the creature comforts that I need the lightest bag possible.  I also sometimes buy odd shaped things and the luggage that has a shape or form type frame just makes anything other than clothes hard to pack.  

I just keep going back to the first tour pack bag model that I first bought maybe fifteen years ago.  This is my second one of that model.  It is water resistant (I think one corner my clothes got damp in a really driving rain that I got stuck in for hours) and the great thing is that the bottom has a zipper that goes all the way around and it actually expands another 3" taller than what you see in this pic.

An added safety feature......it has a large reflective strip that goes all the way across the back so you can't be missed at night.  It has four very large (wide) velcro straps plus an adjustable strap that I loop through the tour pack rack before fastening, just as an added safety feature. :2vrolijk_21:
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

SEsupply2

• Senior CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • CVO2: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2011, 07:19:54 PM »

I bought the Bootcase from T-bags, velcro's right to the luggage rack OR fits right inside, kill 2 birds with 1 price. Gace $153 for it.....
2018 FLTRXSE
Fullsac MX pipe and S&S MK45's
Corbin dual touring seat
SOUNDZ Amp, Iron 65 & Iron 57 speakers
HD king tourpak w/chopped backrest
Metalsport luggage rack
JH Choppers floorboards
Freedom windshield 13"
Ciro3d cupholders
Ohlins 159 shocks
Avon grips/pegs

FAST380

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 . . . . . Fullsac X-Pipe - 2.25" baffles - Fueling 574 Cam's - TTS Tuner - 30 Tooth Pully W/Stock Belt- Wild One 575 Bars - Chrome Inner Primary - Kuryakyn Plate frame 9182 - Diamond Engineering Polished SS Bolt Kit - 8" Windvest - Black Agitator
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2012, 01:41:42 PM »

JC, you forgot one key piece of information.... what is it? I think I am leaning towards the Road Ready, buy yours looks similar to it as well.

I've had the Deker Supreme, Kuryakn Gran Tourer and several others mentioned.  They all have nice features.....one even had a handle and wheels.

But riding long distances I quickly learned a couple of things......I pack so much of the creature comforts that I need the lightest bag possible.  I also sometimes buy odd shaped things and the luggage that has a shape or form type frame just makes anything other than clothes hard to pack.  

I just keep going back to the first tour pack bag model that I first bought maybe fifteen years ago.  This is my second one of that model.  It is water resistant (I think one corner my clothes got damp in a really driving rain that I got stuck in for hours) and the great thing is that the bottom has a zipper that goes all the way around and it actually expands another 3" taller than what you see in this pic.

An added safety feature......it has a large reflective strip that goes all the way across the back so you can't be missed at night.  It has four very large (wide) velcro straps plus an adjustable strap that I loop through the tour pack rack before fastening, just as an added safety feature. :2vrolijk_21:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2012, 01:57:22 PM »

JC, you forgot one key piece of information.... what is it? I think I am leaning towards the Road Ready, buy yours looks similar to it as well.

It's the Harley Davidson Expandable Tour Pack Luggage Rack Bag #91753-92.  Good luck in finding one, they're obsolete.....you'll have to have your dealership do a dealership search to find one in your area.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

FAST380

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 . . . . . Fullsac X-Pipe - 2.25" baffles - Fueling 574 Cam's - TTS Tuner - 30 Tooth Pully W/Stock Belt- Wild One 575 Bars - Chrome Inner Primary - Kuryakyn Plate frame 9182 - Diamond Engineering Polished SS Bolt Kit - 8" Windvest - Black Agitator
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2012, 02:03:24 PM »

well that's just super duper, thanks JC

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2012, 02:05:28 PM »

Just found this and it looks like the same thing but it's for sale by somebody other than HD.  Maybe this is who made them for HD? :nixweiss:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Luggage-Rack-Duffel-Bag-4-Harley-H-D-Glide-R-K-Tour-Pak-/110733881978?_trksid=m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D2%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D7626442883465656033
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2012, 02:12:18 PM »

They're a lot cheaper than the HD was selling them for.  I think I paid $125 for mine and I had to drive to a dealership 80 miles away (past three other dealerships) to the only one that had one left.

My first one lasted for years and years and they're pretty rugged, take lots of abuse, bad weather, etc.  Having had just about all the other fancy tour pack top bags, this is the one I'd get if I had it to do over again.

You'll notice in my most recent ride report (Gold Point), it's the one I have on my bike. :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   

FAST380

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2012, 02:14:59 PM »

Hey cool, thanks JC. So if I read right, it has a wide velco strap at each corner to fasten? Any problems with rubbing on the paint etc? I like the fact that it expands. I actually borrowed one like it (maybe the same) and as the trip went on I was able to open it up for more room. The problem with that one was I ended up with rub marks (can't remember from what).

FAST380

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2012, 02:24:03 PM »

This is the bag from ebay, it is a copy, they say that they didn't make it for HD, although they offer a 5 year replacement warranty.

http://www.bestemusa.com/Harley-Davidson-Road-King-Glide-Tour-Pak-Luggage-Rack-Duffel-Bag-_p_983.html

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2012, 02:37:19 PM »

Hey cool, thanks JC. So if I read right, it has a wide velco strap at each corner to fasten? Any problems with rubbing on the paint etc? I like the fact that it expands. I actually borrowed one like it (maybe the same) and as the trip went on I was able to open it up for more room. The problem with that one was I ended up with rub marks (can't remember from what).

No rub marks from mine and that's after years of use on two different bikes.  Be sure the shoulder strap is secured across the top and under the velcro flap.  That's the only thing that I can think of that might be loose enough to rub.  The velcro corner straps are very wide and plenty long enough to secure it tightly no matter what the load.

I try to put all the heavy stuff (blow dryer, curling iron, etc.) down in the saddle bags and just put clothes in the top bag.

Note....the white stripe across the back is 3M reflectorized so it's a huge safety feature when you have to stop on the side of the road after dark.  Even when your tour pack is open (it's up and down then), it lights up pretty well. :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 02:39:45 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

SE66

• Senior CVO Member
  • Life Begins When You Get One

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Twilight Blue / Stardust Silver
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2012, 12:13:46 PM »

Will this HD Bag PN :93300006  fit the air wing rack on a 2009 FLHTCUSE4.  Seems all the videos and pictures that I have seen show them on an older style rack.  Haven't seen anything that shows them on a later model Harley with the air wing rack.

Jimmy
Jimmy

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2012, 12:40:03 PM »

:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

SE66

• Senior CVO Member
  • Life Begins When You Get One

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Twilight Blue / Stardust Silver
Jimmy

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2012, 10:43:19 PM »

The latest offerings from Harley are very nice, they fit the racks and they have the reflective piping that helps at night. Also available @ 20% off from several dealers.

SE-5

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2012, 09:26:50 PM »

Went to Whistle Works, bought the medium sized "duffel" bag, $9.99, extremely high quality.  Holds a lot.   I just hate giving the MOCO or any other company, hundreds of dollars for a bag/case that costs the supplier $20 from China.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 24 queries.