Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: The ORIGINAL HEATED GEAR is back in Business  (Read 7481 times)

YELLOWBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO ROADGLIDE
The ORIGINAL HEATED GEAR is back in Business
« on: December 16, 2014, 08:59:52 AM »

just like the title says.

GORDON GERBING is back in business and has a NEW heated jacket liner, NEW deerskin heated gloves, and a NEW thermo. Controller with a new type switch.

I am really digging his new deerskin gloves!

Prices seem to be in line, and with all the problems with his "old" company not standing behind their product, I thought I would post this.

LIFETIME WARRANTY, MADE IN THE U.S.A. If I'm correct, it's GORDON HEATED GEAR.

If this was already posted, please disregard.

Perfect time for that last minute Xmas gift for loved one or for yourself!   :coolblue:

Happy Holidays to all!

YB

2009 SCREAMIN' EAGLE CVO ROAD GLIDE FLTRSE3 117" PRO RACE
(1 OF ONLY 369 US) "LAST YEAR OF THE HAND BUILT"

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
Re: The ORIGINAL HEATED GEAR is back in Business
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 09:48:17 AM »

just like the title says.

GORDON GERBING is back in business and has a NEW heated jacket liner, NEW deerskin heated gloves, and a NEW thermo. Controller with a new type switch.

I am really digging his new deerskin gloves!

Prices seem to be in line, and with all the problems with his "old" company not standing behind their product, I thought I would post this.

LIFETIME WARRANTY, MADE IN THE U.S.A. If I'm correct, it's GORDON HEATED GEAR.

If this was already posted, please disregard.

Perfect time for that last minute Xmas gift for loved one or for yourself!   :coolblue:

Happy Holidays to all!

YB

Do you have a link to his new website?
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 10:14:53 AM »

Who is Gordon Gerbing?  Is that Jeff's brother?  I believe Jeff Gerbing was the owner.....or at least that's what he told the Nor Cal krew at the International Motorcycle Show in San Mateo the year before he sold it.   

I'm thinking when he sold the business that there would have been a clause in the contract of no competition that would exclude him from starting up another heated clothing business for xx years.  However, that wouldn't preclude a brother or some of relative from starting up their own business.  Just speculation on my part.  :nixweiss:
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 10:16:59 AM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 10:20:22 AM »

Just did a google search....   http://gordonsheated.com/

Going by the picture, looks like this may be Jeff's father, the founder of Gerbing.  So was this a family strategy plan or is a familyfeud brewing because Jeff sold the family business?  At this point, the only thing that matters is there's competition in the heated clothing industry and the competition is growing.

If he starts making the eXtreme Element heated gear again (the new Gerbing's isn't making them), you guys can't go wrong!

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=68677.msg954192#msg954192

It's because of this gear that I'm willing to go get this bike and trailer and ride it across this country at this time of year and know that I'll be comfortable weather wise.  And if that link doesn't convince you then maybe this one will.... (click on this link and scroll down through the pics)  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=74330.msg1022304#msg1022304   
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 10:35:02 AM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 10:36:24 AM »

Just did a google search....   http://gordonsheated.com/

Going by the picture, looks like this may be Jeff's father, the founder of Gerbing.  So was this a family strategy plan or is a familyfeud brewing because Jeff sold the business?  At this point, the only thing that matters is there's competition in the heated clothing industry and the competition is growing.

If he starts making the eXtreme Element heated gear again (the new Gerbing's isn't making them), you guys can't go wrong!

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=68677.msg954192#msg954192

It's because of this gear that I'm willing to go get this bike and trailer and ride it across this country at this time of year and know that I'll be comfortable weather wise.  And if that link doesn't convince you then maybe this one will.... (click on this link and scroll down through the pics)  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=74330.msg1022304#msg1022304

He may be bound by the sale of the old company to offer this under another name.

It looks like I maybe in the market for some heated gear.  :orange:

:oops: :nixweiss:
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 10:39:00 AM »

And the original lifetime warranty is back in place, along with 30 day return policy.  :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   

TinSpinner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, 11:49:51 AM »

JCZ, how will you make the connection on your new bike? Can you use the cig lighter until you have a chance to mount the BMW style connectors or are you taking a tool box?

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2014, 12:47:25 PM »

JCZ, how will you make the connection on your new bike? Can you use the cig lighter until you have a chance to mount the BMW style connectors or are you taking a tool box?

Connections....I got connections back there that's wiring up the Gerbing leads for me (I alredy 3 day the leads to Chip). ;D   

Just got a call, the bike's in Chip's enclosed trailer and the Bushtec is in the back of Chip's truck and Chip and Nancy are on their way back to NC with my new purchase.  They reported that it's all that was represented and then some.....beautiful and all the goodies included (m/c cover, Bushtec cover, owners manuals, both bill of sales for the original purchases, CDs, owner's manuals, stock back rest, etc. etc.  It's going to be a long week for me.  :nervous:

Back to the topic.....I just got an email from one of the Gerbing lady's.  In short, without going in to great detail, it was a bad situation between Jeff and his father and the rest of the family and so Gordon and the rest of the family didn't have anything to do with Gerbing for years.  Now that Jeff sold the company that his father started and his father is doing a little better health wise, the family decided to start rolling with it again.

They'll be starting out slow, liner, gloves, controller and a few other things but as it grows, they'll add more to their line up of products.  Gordon established the company and it was still his company when the solid reputation was developed.  If you're looking for the basics in heated gear, I'd suggest you give this company serious consideration.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 12:57:14 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2014, 03:52:02 PM »

I wonder if they will warranty the older stuff?
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2014, 04:32:37 PM »

So do they only offer a jacket and gloves at this point?

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2014, 05:24:20 PM »

I wonder if they will warranty the older stuff?

I got another email reiterating that this company is a new company and not related to the company the Jeff sold or the new Gerbing's.  It was bad blood in the family (sounds like it got really ugly.....to the point where they weren't talking to him and visa versa) so I'm sure they're not going to honor any warranty from Gerbing or Gerbing's but only items purchased from "Gordon's Heated Clothing".....   http://gordonsheated.com/   

Copied directly from their website:

In the 1970's when Gordon Gerbing founded his heated clothing company, he founded an entire industry. He designed and manufactured the very first heated jacket liners for motorcyclists. Every heated jacket liner for motorcyclists made today copies Gordon's original work.

Gordon Gerbing is Back!

Gordon's Heated Clothing is not in any way related to any other company anywhere. After a medical crisis in which Gordon nearly lost his life, he did lose the original company he founded. Now Gordon and three generations of Gerbings are back, with a new family company based on many decades of experience providing heated clothing for motorcyclists and power sports.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 05:26:36 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

YELLOWBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO ROADGLIDE
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2014, 06:47:00 PM »

Sorry guys, been working all day!

I guess you guys found the site. Don't really know too much other then what was on the site and what JCZ has already posted.

With all the problems that are coming up with HD/or GERBING(s) and some of the other companies having problems. (Ie. Hands being burnt using "their" gloves, short circuit of the heating wires, etc.) I thought I would post this for all to see.

Hopefully someone will be the BETA tester and report back to us. I do like the new gloves though.

YB
2009 SCREAMIN' EAGLE CVO ROAD GLIDE FLTRSE3 117" PRO RACE
(1 OF ONLY 369 US) "LAST YEAR OF THE HAND BUILT"

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2014, 12:27:48 AM »

I heard about Warm and Safe heated gear on a thread here and ended up getting their Ultimate Touring gloves which are amazing! Insanely comfortable and would (and do) wear them even without the heat element activated. Not bulky at all to the point when I first got them I was worried they would not be warm. I was using the Gerbings gloves that just came out last year (with the red liner) which did work great but very bulky> I loved that the Warm and Safe gloves had the carbon fiber on the knuckles and had that "butter" feel to them.http://www.warmnsafe.com/heated-gloves/
Alan

KY-SESG

• Junior CVO Member
    • KY

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Sold
    • CVO3: 1997 FLSTS Sold; 1991 Sportster Sold
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2015, 12:16:47 PM »

I heard about Warm and Safe heated gear on a thread here and ended up getting their Ultimate Touring gloves which are amazing! Insanely comfortable and would (and do) wear them even without the heat element activated. Not bulky at all to the point when I first got them I was worried they would not be warm. I was using the Gerbings gloves that just came out last year (with the red liner) which did work great but very bulky> I loved that the Warm and Safe gloves had the carbon fiber on the knuckles and had that "butter" feel to them.http://www.warmnsafe.com/heated-gloves/

I got a set of these exact gloves a few years ago. They actually blistered my knuckles. I found the only way I could wear them with the heat on was with a glove liner to protect against the hot spots. I came across a set of HD heated gloves on sale and bought them. They are perfect; even heat, supple leather and plug right into the Warm&Safe jacket liner that I love.  I still have the Ultimate Touring gloves, used 3 times, PM me if you want to buy them.

W&S socks are great too.  I recommend wearing them over a pair of thin socks to prevent hot spots.
Fullsac DX headers, Fullsac 2" cores w/ screens, TTS Master Tune, 117ci kit, 58mm TB, 259E Cams, high capacity oil pan, Topline Hylift Johnson b2313se lifters, Saddlemen Dominator solo seat, Yaffe 10" Monkeybars, Yaffe Stealth III plate mount, 10" FreedomShield, lower fairing Boom II speakers, Focal 570 bag speakers...

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2015, 10:49:28 PM »

I got a set of these exact gloves a few years ago. They actually blistered my knuckles. I found the only way I could wear them with the heat on was with a glove liner to protect against the hot spots. I came across a set of HD heated gloves on sale and bought them. They are perfect; even heat, supple leather and plug right into the Warm&Safe jacket liner that I love.  I still have the Ultimate Touring gloves, used 3 times, PM me if you want to buy them.

W&S socks are great too.  I recommend wearing them over a pair of thin socks to prevent hot spots.
Thats interesting, have been wearing them for a few thousand miles now including today (left at 6;30 AM when it was 31 degrees) with zero hot spots. I thought that they actually have very even heat, even more so than my Gerbings. Maybe change in technology in the last couple of years?
Alan
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 21 queries.