Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Royal Blue Wax  (Read 54494 times)

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG- light/dark Candy Cherry-sold
Re: Royal Blue Wax
« Reply #120 on: October 01, 2014, 01:30:50 AM »

I just order it from their website, taking advantage of the CVO discount and having it shipped right to my door.

I use the car wash, quick detailer and the wax and between the three bikes and three cars I usually resupply at least twice a year.

Had I done that big blue would already be gleaming with a coat of it now. I swear I drag my feet with everything I do.
2014 Ultra Limited*Daytona Blue Pearl
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #121 on: October 01, 2014, 01:40:45 AM »

Get your butt over to the Rogers flea market some Friday. I picked up 2 bottles of wax and 2 quick detail bottles for $30 from a guy over there.

It would be nice if those damn flea markets were open more than one day out of the week! My days off are Wed, Sat & Sun so I'm chit outta luck with Roger's. I'm gonna try that guy by me tomorrow or just break down and order it direct from Royal Blue if he doesn't work out. Thanks anyhow.
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

johnsachs

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #122 on: November 25, 2014, 06:26:03 PM »

I guess I'll bite the bullet and try some.  ::) Going to the "Turkey Rod Run" Thursday and Friday in Daytona. Saw it there last year. If Duane says it's good, it must be good.  ;)
John

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #123 on: November 25, 2014, 08:20:54 PM »

I guess I'll bite the bullet and try some.  ::) Going to the "Turkey Rod Run" Thursday and Friday in Daytona. Saw it there last year. If Duane says it's good, it must be good.  ;)
John

John I love my Royal Blue!

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

PinkE

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #124 on: November 26, 2014, 03:36:44 PM »

I threw my Adams wax kit in the corner, I only use Royal Blue products now....I LOVE this stuff.
MY Broom is an `04 FLHTCUI Lehman Trike and I Love flyin on it!!!

T-Roy

• Elite CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road King - Traded In
    • CVO2: 2019 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #125 on: November 26, 2014, 03:58:12 PM »

John

They were at the Lonestar rally. I picked up a bottle of the wax, a bottle of the wash, and a microfiber cloth all for a 20 dollar bill.

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #126 on: November 28, 2014, 04:17:30 PM »

Just bought some Royal Blue online.  Lets see if the 2014 likes it as I've only used BugSlide-not too impressed with it.
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #127 on: November 28, 2014, 04:34:13 PM »

Just bought some Royal Blue online.  Lets see if the 2014 likes it as I've only used BugSlide-not too impressed with it.
Kinda comparing apple to oranges... Bugslide is a quick detailer... Royal Blue is a wax... You should have a good base/foundation of wax to start with and then use Bugslide (or other quick detailer) to maintain it.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #128 on: December 02, 2014, 02:39:28 PM »

Kinda comparing apple to oranges... Bugslide is a quick detailer... Royal Blue is a wax... You should have a good base/foundation of wax to start with and then use Bugslide (or other quick detailer) to maintain it.

Quick detailer doesn't need to be laid down on a base of fresh wax.  A clean, new showroom bike can be maintained with a good, high quality detailer.  I would venture to say that 50% or greater of the guys (and gals) never use wax at all on their bikes.
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #129 on: December 02, 2014, 03:55:09 PM »

Quick detailer doesn't need to be laid down on a base of fresh wax.  A clean, new showroom bike can be maintained with a good, high quality detailer.  I would venture to say that 50% or greater of the guys (and gals) never use wax at all on their bikes.
Not in this group.... wax or polish I would guess it would be in the 90 percentile that use something. :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #130 on: December 02, 2014, 05:23:41 PM »

Not in this group.... wax = Royal Blue or polish = Glare I would guess it would be in the 90 percentile that use something. :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Number might even be 95%.

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

JQCVO

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO Road King
« Reply #131 on: December 14, 2014, 05:13:02 PM »

Went to the NY Motorcycle Show yesterday and picked up a bottle of RB, their spray detailer, and microfiber cloth for $20. That seems to be their standard deal based upon what others have said on this thread.
I spent the afternoon today working on the bikes. They were already done (S100) but I figured what the heck, let's start the process of getting another coat of wax on before they go under the covers for the winter (riding stops after the first snow storm hits and they pound the road with salt and chemicals).
Like many of you, I have many different types of detailing products. I'm pretty impressed with RB. It's working well. It's easy to use, leaves a great shine, and even does some paint repair in the process, eliminating small swirls in the paint.
 Here are a couple of pics from today, playing around in the garage.

JQCVO

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO Road King
« Reply #132 on: December 14, 2014, 05:14:22 PM »

Here's another.....

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #133 on: February 08, 2015, 07:18:51 PM »

Well, looks like I'm SOL with that local dealer close to me, I finally called and he is a smart man & camping out in Florida til March. I went to their website to order directly from them, but their site seems to suck and not working right unless I'm screwing up. When I pick what I want and the quantity, there is no way to add it to my cart?? I even made an account and still nothing goes to my cart when I select something. What is the trick?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 07:35:30 PM by Phantom309 »
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #134 on: February 14, 2015, 09:26:15 PM »

Nevermind, I was able to add 2 bundle packs to my cart and ordered those and got them already. This chit is AWESOME! Just did one saddlebag & part of the tour pak for a trial run since bike is buried for the winter ... quick, easy and shines like a mo fo! Best part is the wax is BLUE!

Can't wait to finish the bike and do my car with it too. The bundle packs are great starters ... one bottle of wax,  spray detailer, wash & shine, 2 microfiber towels, applicator and sticker assortment. I also ordered a few of the spongy microfiber applicators. I love the applicator that came with the kit, nice little pocket to put your fingers in so you don't lose it while using it. I think Royal Blue has another life-long customer here!
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 25 queries.