Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Other handlebar on FXR4  (Read 3100 times)

TheDane

Other handlebar on FXR4
« on: September 22, 2014, 02:14:44 PM »

Just purchased a yellow FXR4 her in Denmark. Have had a FXR before, but have been riding FLHT for the last 5 years. Back to basic and I love my new FXR4. One off the thing that I don't like is the stock handlebar. Can anyone recommend a handlebar, where I don't have to change the brakelines ?

Another thing. The previous owner stated that the bike were original. The only thing changed was the fairing and a supertrapp exhaust. Looking at pictures of other FXR4, I can see that they have laced wheels and that my bullit blinkers are different to. My carb is a mikuni and he seat a badlander, so original it's not.
I like all the things on the bike except the handlebar, but can you confirm that the things I mention are changed ?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 02:22:08 PM by TheDane »

Thermodyne

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4
Re: Other handlebar on FXR4
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 07:29:01 PM »

I just saw your post, I haven't been around in a while.  I couldn't stand the bars that came on the -4 I had.  So I switched it back to the buckhorns that came on the old FXR's.  Worked out great.  The scooter is more comfortable, and the took some weight off of the front end, which improved the handling.  I was able to keep the indicator lamps in the top clamp, but I had to change the cables and brake line.  And there is a lot of extra length in the harness for the switches, you'll just need to free it up under the tank.

The OEM -4 brake line is very short in the upper section, so I think you'll need to change it for almost any other style of bar.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 07:31:24 PM by Thermodyne »

TheDane

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 01:54:23 AM »

Hi

As you can see my response time is long to :-)

What did you do about the brakeline. Mine is a onepiece brakeline, so I have to swap the Whole line if I want another bar.

I bought another seat that pushes me a Little forward, but I have to change the bar later.

Do you have the oem numbers for the parts you replaced or are they aftermarket.

Love my FXR4 and it's hard to wait for springtime here in Denmark.

Ride safe
Søren
Denmark

Thermodyne

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2014, 12:50:16 PM »

I just purchased a new brake line from Russel.

TheDane

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2014, 01:16:44 PM »

Do you have any id's for the parts. looked at goodridge and they have a complete set for FXR4. But it's standard length, so I've to buy the set and then buy another longer line for the top op the set.

Thermodyne

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2014, 02:00:11 PM »

I just used one that was for a 93 FXR Convertable  oem# was  45111-89  Russell # is R08749DS   

It's actually for a fork that is 2 inches longer, but that's not really a problem.

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 24 queries.