Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: TTS MasterTune not loading the file  (Read 2827 times)

jacksonman

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MN

• CVO1: 2011 Ultra
TTS MasterTune not loading the file
« on: September 30, 2014, 09:06:40 PM »

I go through the steps to copy from my ECM to my computer - no problem.  Then I had Steve from Fullsac email me a Cal file.  When in MasterTune HD v1.8.4, I select File, Load Tuning File, Click on the MT8 file I want, then Program ECM.  At this point it brings up the box showing my VIN, ECM PN, and existing Cal ID (ETA04403-000).  The File Information box (middle right side of ECM Programming Control screen) shows Cal ID to be the same ETA04403-000 as my existing rather than the one I just selected.  I click Program ECM anyways and it just loads the old version again.  I click Get ECM Info again to verify.  Why is it not bringing in the new Cal Id file?

I am new at this, so type slowly :)

Thanks.
Actionman

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
Re: TTS MasterTune not loading the file
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 09:10:42 PM »

Try downloading and installing the current product. Mastertune 1.8.4 was discontinued app 3 years ago and does not support the interface that has been sold for just as long. If your unit is Blue in color then you cannot use that program. Also the number you are asking about is set in the calibration NOT by Mastertune. So if the tuner did not change the part number that is what you are going to see until it gets changed.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

jacksonman

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MN

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 09:27:09 PM »

The TTS box I have is black.  How do I download and install an updated app?  I have the TTS Software Updater and ran that, and ran it again to be sure.  Under current applications, the only installed app is TTS Software Updater, everything else says not installed.  Under legacy applications, DataMaster, MasterTune, MasterTune Data Files, and VTune are the only apps listed and all are up to date.

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 12:30:29 PM »

OK you have a three year old unit that you are working with. If your running the updater you have to check the box at the beginning of each line for it to install the software for the first time. You need to install Mastertune2, DataMaster2 and Vtune2. Once those are installed and running on your PC see if your problem is cured.

jacksonman

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MN

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 07:07:33 PM »

Thanks Steve.  I updated my Tuner and the other apps as you instructed - no problem of course.  I went through the steps to upload the 2011 CVO cal file, and I am still not sure I understand what I am seeing when the MasterTune2 gets ECM info it shows the CAL ID of ETA04403-000.  The file name I uploaded was FP-2011-13-CVO-stage-1-xpipe-2.0-MT8.MT8.  Is there a way to see what the part number of this file is, or is that part of what I could have edited in MasterTune2?  I really just want to verify that the new cal id file successfully programmed into my ECM.

Thanks for your patience.

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 08:28:04 PM »

OK the Calibration PN is not the same as the file name, so I think that is where your getting confused. The File name is what you PC uses to locate the file. That would be XXX.MT8. The Calibration PN is assigned in the calibration file so it will be set to whatever the tuner of the calibration sets it too. The numbe you have given is one of our original numbers so the tuner maynot have changed it. You would need to ask them.

jacksonman

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MN

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2014, 09:06:52 AM »

Got it :orange:  I am the tuner in this case and did not know about changing the Calibration PN.  I must be all set, but can't ride due to the crappy weather in Minnesota.  Hopefully this weekend will allow some good opportunities to kill some bugs.

Many thanks Steve.  I sure appreciate it.

Jacksonman

motor1

• Elite CVO Member
  • Current Harley: 2022 FLTRKSE

• CVO1: 2022 FLTRKSE
    • CVO2: 2022 FLRTXSE traded, 2015 FLTRUSE traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLTRXSE traded, 2011 FLTRUSE traded
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2014, 08:24:27 PM »

Hey Steve,
Just sent you a PM, having trouble loading a stock Map, trying to return to stock, selling bike, and want to use the Fullsac exhaust on the new bike; figured I would just buy a new TTS for the 15.
Excuses are the conditions under which you have failed.

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2014, 08:25:31 PM »

You have mail

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 25 queries.