Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Screaming Eagle Heavy Breather  (Read 17834 times)

manny

Re: Screaming Eagle Heavy Breather
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2008, 01:15:19 PM »

IMO the bike is running too lean from the factory, causing it to also run hot.  A little more air and fuel lets it run cooler.  I added a heavy breather to my SERK, along with pipes that decreased backpressure.  I noticed a decrease in torque until I enriched the fuel mixture with a DFO.  I got the torque back and then some.  The DFO is relatively simple and does not involve remapping.  It simply allows you to adjust the fuel injection. 

Dirkenstien

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2008, 12:14:13 PM »

Does anyone know if this item will fit the 2003 SERK? If so, what is needed?

donald.e

• donald.e
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2008, 08:15:46 AM »

I have the Screaming Eagle Heavy Breather with V & H Longshot Duels, plus the Fuelpack, done 8k with no problems. That is to say with running or major over heating.
Pity the Bike has now been off the road for Two Months waiting for new Cylinder Heads following the infamous 110 oil leak problems :(

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2008, 09:06:29 AM »

I have the Screaming Eagle Heavy Breather with V & H Longshot Duels, plus the Fuelpack, done 8k with no problems. That is to say with running or major over heating.
Pity the Bike has now been off the road for Two Months waiting for new Cylinder Heads following the infamous 110 oil leak problems :(

Very interesting that you are getting cylinder heads. How'd you pull that one off?

:indian_chief:

donald.e

• donald.e
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2008, 10:01:50 AM »

Kicked up a fuss.
Produced info obtained from this site on the 110 and its fault,  my Dealer “Edinburgh HD “ pulled all the stops with HD-UK.
Apparently theses new modified heads the first in the UK, hope it solves the problem’s , but I am still looking for an extended warranty, we here in UK only get 2Years!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 24 queries.