Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My Butt is Killing Me  (Read 4518 times)

RoadDawg

• RDMC
  • Elite CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout
My Butt is Killing Me
« on: April 14, 2015, 06:03:05 AM »

I need some good riding shorts. Tried EVS TUG but what a waste! Padding is all in the crotch and upper thigh. They are made for bicycle riders not cruiser/touring motorcycle riders. I'm thinking about Moto-Skivees http://motoskiveez.com/. Anybody try them? I need something with padding that will cover all the way to the tailbone.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 06:30:14 AM by RoadDawg »
Bill - Greenville, South Carolina

2014 CVO Breakout
Hard Candy Sedona Sand & Blaze Orange with Black Abyss Graphics
117 Pro Race Kit
Ward Performance Heads
Bassani ProStreet Turnouts
124 HP 133 TQ

Puma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2014 FLHRSE Dragula 2, SESTP, C&C Fastback
Re: My Butt is Killing Me
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 06:20:41 AM »

Got a new Mustang seat and my butt is killing me. Too much pressure on the tailbone. Sending it back for a remake. Anyway, I need some good riding shorts. Tried EVS TUG but what a waste! Padding is all in the crotch and upper thigh. They are made for bicycle riders not cruiser/touring motorcycle riders. I'm thinking about Moto-Skivees http://motoskiveez.com/. Anybody try them? I need something with padding that will cover all the way to the tailbone.
Never tried any of them, but I had a Mustang seat on a previous bike and a C&C on my current bike, and I like the C&C better. The Mustang was an improvement over that bike's stock seat, and it was extremely tough and well made, but the C&C is soft leather over padding that is just right (not too hard, not too soft). Also, I used to race bicycles and while road racing seats are never truly comfortable you have to find the one that is best for you. Until then it doesn't matter what gear you wear, because no shorts/tights will make up for an intolerable saddle. You find the seat that is best for you, then you find the shorts and/or tights you like best. On a motorcycle you shouldn't really need padded shorts or draws unless you're doing a long trip.
2014 CVO Road King: Titianium/Black, Dragula 2 (2-1), SESTP, C&C Fastback

Rimjam

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 09:49:04 PM »

You're referring to underwear I hope & not Bermuda-type shorts!  Puma is right  -  it's the seat, not the clothing.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 09:52:31 PM »

Agreed.....it's the seat. I don't wear any type of padded underwear and I can go 12 hours on my Corbin solo without any issues.

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE UV Blue/Molten Lava
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 10:31:53 PM »

Agreed.....it's the seat. I don't wear any type of padded underwear and I can go 12 hours on my Corbin solo without any issues.
+1 Corbin Solo

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 08:40:34 PM »

Best I've found is LD Comfort riding shorts. I wear them for all long trips.
http://ldcomfort.com/mens-dryline-shorts.html

May also want to look at an Airhawk. I also use one of these. Sure saves the butt and adds 200 - 300 miles to the day.
http://www.airhawk.net/airhawk-products.aspx
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

tweeter13

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE6
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 09:51:08 PM »

I ride commando most of the time  :).    Or have been using Duluth trading co.  Was recommended by them from a previous post on here.  Tried them I like them.   Don't get any, hate to say this but swamp ass, on long rides in hot temps.   My bike has a hammock seat.  I do use a air hawk seat on occasion.  Usually on extended long extended rides all day rides like hotel to hotel. 

Now if I were to guess I think in my opinion. And this is just my opinion. I would get rid of the padded underwear. Having double the padding in certain places maybe  causing some irritations.  Go to a dealer with a custom fitting station.  Show them your bike and have them fit a bike in their  show room to you then see how far off your bike is.  I bet your bike is way off.  If your needing that much padding to make your self that comfortable.  You should not be put in a position where your squishing the jewels.  Or I may have just be reading to much into to it as well. 
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 10:02:29 PM by tweeter13 »
18 Monsterbrite led lights
Fullsac DX head pipe
Fullsac 2.25 baffles
TTS master-tune
George Anderson tourpac relocator

catahoula58

• Senior CVO Member
  • "There are no LifeGuards in the Gene Pool"
    • TX

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Orange / Black
    • CVO2: 2004 Heritage Softail (NON CVO)
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2015, 03:45:21 PM »

A few years back I bought, hate to say it (BMW Riding Shorts) and an Airhawk.  The ride was very comfortable for the long days and also in the 100 degree plus day we rode.  But each and everyone is different in riding shorts and for sure the AirHawk is a big plus!  The BMW shorts are easy to care for and can be washed in the sink with soap and ready for the next days ride.

T-Roy

• Elite CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road King - Traded In
    • CVO2: 2019 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2015, 04:13:48 PM »

LD Comfort riding shorts are awesome!!

bandit

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3, TP, Saddleman Explorer
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2015, 08:17:47 AM »

+Airhawk  :2vrolijk_21:
It is not that we have less time, it is much time that we use wrong.

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 24 queries.