Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Author Topic: Best Riding Boot 2015  (Read 29519 times)

MrSurly

• Formidable Faux
  • Elite CVO Member
    • TX

Re: Best Riding Boot 2015
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2015, 05:12:45 PM »

I've read so much of you guys just carrying on about the O.S. boots that I went ahead and ordered some. I needed Safety Toe for work and side zip for ease of use.
I couldn't find them for any cheaper than this deal:
Rhetorical questions, who needs 'em?

2010FLHTCUSE5
Dethroned Garage Queen, Sullied 2013

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2015, 05:40:24 PM »

I've read so much of you guys just carrying on about the O.S. boots that I went ahead and ordered some. I needed Safety Toe for work and side zip for ease of use.
I couldn't find them for any cheaper than this deal:

Extra wide!  Oh boy!  ;D

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2015, 05:41:26 PM »

Interesting.  When I bought my Tactical boot they were all leather and of course waterproof.....the closest thing I can see that matches mine are the Chase but not quite the same.  They have way more models of boots now than they did five years ago.

Of course the most comfortable, in my opinion, is the Classic.  Their web site says it's still there #1 seller.  For those that might be interested here's the website...then go to ebay or amazon to buy cheaper    http://www.originalswat.com/us_en/products/by-feature.html

By the way, for what it's worth.....my Tactical OS fit just a bit more snug than my Classic OS in the same size.  Make sure that you're buying from someplace that has free return/trade size.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 05:43:03 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

tvanhuisen

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2015, 06:38:09 PM »

I bought a great pair of riding boots (shoes?) recently that are quite a bit different than the boots mentioned in this thread but I thought I would mention them for people looking for another good alternative. They are the TCX X-Wraps. Here is what I like about them:
  • CE Certified
  • Armored on the ankles inside and out/reinforced toes and heels
  • Super comfortable for walking around off the bike
  • Great style. Look like sneakers under my jeans.
  • Waterproof
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 06:59:35 PM by tvanhuisen »

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2015, 07:31:07 PM »

I bought a great pair of riding boots (shoes?) recently that are quite a bit different than the boots mentioned in this thread but I thought I would mention them for people looking for another good alternative. They are the TCX X-Wraps. Here is what I like about them:
  • CE Certified
  • Armored on the ankles inside and out/reinforced toes and heels
  • Super comfortable for walking around off the bike
  • Great style. Look like sneakers under my jeans.
  • Waterproof

They look comfy but I have to have a lugged sole to help me get flat footed. Short people problems  :nixweiss:

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

MrSurly

• Formidable Faux
  • Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2015, 04:37:18 PM »

Another vote for the Original SWAT boots! They are very comfortable, and I am one who has a bit of trouble with his feet, so that's saying something. Nearly two months of use, including 3100 miles on the MV trip. We got caught in VERY heavy rain out of Vicksburg (rain suits on) and not having to deal with boot gaitors was a pleasure and my feet remained perfectly dry.
While in MV, I got caught in a sudden downpour while NOT wearing rain gear and I got fairly soaked. I'm here to tell you that "waterproof" works both ways. Water does not pass through these in either direction(!)
Rhetorical questions, who needs 'em?

2010FLHTCUSE5
Dethroned Garage Queen, Sullied 2013

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2015, 07:47:37 PM »

I have two pair of high dollar motorcycle riding boots and I find myself always going for these.  Great comfort, waterproof and they last forever.  Had my first pair for 15 years and just bought a new pair.  I found them on sale for 140. 

http://www.vasque.com/USD/product/mens-footwear/backpacking/st-elias-gtx-slate-brn-belug-07160

Cowboy
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2015, 01:29:23 PM »

I have worn nothing but boots of various kinds for years now never wearing any kind of shoes UNTIL the other day. It was forecasted to be near 100 degrees and it was a short ride so I put a pair of tennis shoes that have not worn on the street much less the bike. Within one mile all I could feel was cool air on my feet. They felt good all day and my feet have never felt that good on a bike. If helmets are ventilated for air flow why can't footwear?

I know it ain't safe and all that chit but i am tired of suffering in the summer with boots that are to hot. Oh and I am sure is is a fashion crime to not wear black boots on a Harley. BTW I was on the new 57 Chevy blue Indian Vintage and the blue shoes matched. What do i care about water proof on a day ride?

Any one have some nice summer footwear that is breathable?

Dejad

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

• CVO1: 2010 Ultra Classic CVO
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2015, 06:36:45 AM »

After spending a considerable amount of time looking at boots I picked up a pair of these last night. I'm hoping to try them out this evening if the rain clears out. I was referred to these boots by a member of the local chapter of an MC (met him at work when I asked him about his boots) who says he has been wearing these boots for 30 years and will continue to wear them. All day, on his feet, he wears these riding boots. He told me his feet don't get hot, sweaty or stinky. I believe it has to do with the Vitalize Insole. I hope I am half as happy with mine as he is with his. 
http://www.doublehboots.com/Product?stockNo=4008
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 06:42:13 AM by Dejad »

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

• CVO1: 2011 CVO RGU...sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO RGU
    • Bull Shoals Photography
« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2015, 01:06:48 PM »

Like all of us, I've had many pairs over the years. 
These Rocky's are my favorites so far.
Model #2173 8" zip up boots.  They have real leather uppers, breath nice around the ankles but are still warm enough for cold weather riding, great soles for slick footing situations, and great ankle support.  Plus they are lightweight and have a very nice insole and heavy duty zippers.  They are nicely padded inside, plus shifting up doesn't bother your toes in these.  I think I paid around $120 for them at a Gander Mountain, and would buy them again unless I found something better for under $150 or so.
Harry
2017 Eureka Springs MITM Ride Chairman
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

2015 CVO RGU with V&H Power Pro Headers & 4" Monster Rounds & HD-SEPST
2007 Bushtec Turbo+2 Trailer

VRODDAVE

• Senior CVO Member
  • Semper fi 73-77

• CVO1: 2018 FLHTKSE ANV
    • CVO2: 2004 FLHTCSE - Crashed 7/31/2015. May she rest in pease
    • CVO3: 2003 VROD - sold
« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2015, 06:08:59 PM »

This is the boot I bought.

http://www.originalswat.com/us_en/product-h-a-w-k-9-waterproof-side-zip-en-black.html
I

For what ever it's worth, I bought a pair of these HAWK boots off eBay at a discount a few months back. It turns out when they got here the 11 1/2 size fit like a 11. I sent them back and ordered a 12 and those arrived with one still too small, and the other one fit like a glove. So I guess what I'm saying is that the sizes are inconsistent. And because I bought them off eBay instead of directly from original swat they would not make it right.    Best to buy from original swat or someplace where you can try them on first. 
2018 FLHTKSE ANV
Dominator prewired meathooks 10" (Nice, but shoulda got the 12's)
Dynojet Power Vision
GTS Radio upgrade
AG ATX-30-HD lithium battery
CoolFlow fan
Alloyboltz 12 point G8
INNOVV K2 X 2 DVR 4 Camera
AIM Clutch Slave

DOCGSS

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

• CVO1: 2020 CVO STREET GLIDE
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2015, 02:50:37 AM »

been riding for over 50 years. The value of real motorcycle boots with good non slip soles and CE protection cannot be overlooked. Currently for touring I wear Dianese Nighthawk Gore Tex Boots. They are one of the few boot makers that use Skywalker soles THE best non slip motorcycle sole. Skywalker only makes boot soles. For everyday riding the best boot for me is ICON Tarmac II CE boots. They are all day comfortable to walk in, no laces, self snugging,  and are simply great riding boots.

Stay safe.

03Lightningrocks

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2013 Road King
    • HVAC
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2015, 01:25:37 PM »

I wear only the harley boots. The orange on the soles and the Harley logos serve to always remind me of my uncanny ability to be suckered into buying damned near anything and paying twice what it is worth.

firehog383

• Junior CVO Member
    • WA

« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2015, 06:54:19 PM »

Where are they made?

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2015, 06:51:32 PM »

I wear only the harley boots. The orange on the soles and the Harley logos serve to always remind me of my uncanny ability to be suckered into buying damned near anything and paying twice what it is worth.
:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 24 queries.