Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  All

Author Topic: Long Distance Underwear.  (Read 30442 times)

Road Dad

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - 117 CU
Re: Long Distance Underwear.
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2015, 07:22:01 AM »

I tried them all through the years and nothing beats Motoskiviz. I use them for all type of riding and even on a 800 mile day it's a non event.

If you have not tried them you don't know what you are missing

ultrarider123

« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2015, 07:23:52 AM »

Griz, thanks for the heads up on this.  I received my order from Mypakage on Wednesday.  I did not ride with them yesterday but did wear them at work where I'm at my desk and all over the place during the day.  They were very comfortable.  The seams around the buttock area (either side of the cheek) worry me a bit but it was not an issue yesterday.  And yes, the design does what the website claims concerning a gentleman's "equipment".  I am looking forward to trying them on the bike after a few hundred miles.

Actually I'm hoping they aren't that comfortable on the bike because I'm not used to spending $25 a whop for drawers..... ;D

03Lightningrocks

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2013 Road King
    • HVAC
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2015, 02:53:38 AM »

Wore the Under Armour under regular Wranglers on my trip (July) to Texas and back... no complaints whatsoever.  I had the long version, just above the knee, and the material actually kept my upper leg cool too.

Another vote for under armour. They aren't exactly cheap but worth every penny.

BakedInMN

• Junior CVO Member
    • MN

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
    • CVO2: 2014 FXSBSE
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2015, 07:46:42 AM »

I had a chance to use them this weekend riding solo and with a passenger and they worked great. No adjustment to my junk needed during my 400 mile + ride.

Thanks for the recommendation.
My current stable:
1972 FLH Shovelhead
2003 FXSD 100th Anniversary Blue
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Typhoon Maroon
2014 FXSBSE Molten Cobalt

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited "Wicked"
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2015, 09:00:41 AM »

Ordered some mypakage. 20 bucks on Amazon
Will

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2015, 09:46:57 AM »

When I saw the title of this thread I figured it had to be about Duluth Trading Company.

B B

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2015, 10:18:40 AM »

When I first started looking for underwear to go the distance I also wanted something for every day wear as well.

This is what I chose over 2 years ago and have been very pleased with with them on long or short rides.   I have ridden up to 1,000 miles a day and had zero issues. I have close to 20 pair.   I know they are inexpensive and for such made in China as probably 90% of the others are as well.  They have help up great, feel cool and in have to admit I like the feel  :o. Would not hesitate to recommend to anyone.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Pack-Mens-Performance-Underwear-compression-Boxer-9-Inseam-polyester-A-/271907069190?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item3f4eec9d06
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

J-Carr

• Got to keep the Loonies on the path
  • Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2015, 11:49:24 AM »

When I saw the title of this thread I figured it had to be about Duluth Trading Company.

B B
I've got a pair of the Moto-Skivees on the way to try out.  But I'm thinking for most rides of trying the Duluth.  I love their ads, and I'm hoping for an angry beaver.  Or something.  ;D

Me, Screamin' Nemo and The Kid.

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2015, 05:48:36 PM »

Griz, thanks for the heads up on this.  I received my order from Mypakage on Wednesday.  I did not ride with them yesterday but did wear them at work where I'm at my desk and all over the place during the day.  They were very comfortable.  The seams around the buttock area (either side of the cheek) worry me a bit but it was not an issue yesterday.  And yes, the design does what the website claims concerning a gentleman's "equipment".  I am looking forward to trying them on the bike after a few hundred miles.

Actually I'm hoping they aren't that comfortable on the bike because I'm not used to spending $25 a whop for drawers..... ;D

Glad to hear they're working out for you and Baked.  The seams are not an issue for me... I was concerned at first but now hardly know they are there!

I find they really make a difference when riding, but now wear them all the time.  :2vrolijk_21:
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout
    • CVO2: 2015 Ultra Limited
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2015, 07:15:14 PM »

Anonymous here! And as promised, I got my order of Mypackage delivered and tested it over this past weekend. It certainly is better than the other products I have tested (Duluth, Under Armor, etc.) but I have to say Saxx (who comes up with these product names?) has the edge as far as comfort. You'll be happy to know that I won't get into the details of why Saxx is better, let's just say it does a better job of doing what it's designed to do. The following commercial better expresses what I'm trying not to say.  ::)

Replace the product being discussed in that commercial with Saxx and you'll get the point! In other words it adds shaping not inches (unless adding inches is a secondary goal in which case Mypackage is the better choice). :-[

However, Saxx is 30% more expensive. Mypackage is certainly second best IMO based on personal experience and cheaper so not bad at all.

adkg12

• Full CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2007 FLHRSE3 - CVO Screaming Eagle Road King.
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2015, 11:28:12 AM »

I find this thread "refreshing" LOL.  My GF gave me a hard time when I bought a pair of those compression, spandex, micro-fiber, silky touch, sport boxer briefs.  LOL.  I tried to explain to her that when I ride longer distances, my cotton boxer briefs would absorb sweat and start to stick to my jeans and then cause bunching all over the place.  So I remembered my riding shorts from my MX days, and tried some of those "fancy" underwear for a bit (see above).  Huge difference!!  I liked it so well, I replaced all of my underwear with this style!  They let my butt slide inside my jeans without bunching up, my junk stays put, and they actually wick away moisture.  She told me to "man up"!  I promptly replied, "I got your man right here"...gestures included..LOL but I ride comfortably all the time now.  AND recently, she took the advice of a lady rider friend, and got her a pair too!! LOL
Glen

J-Carr

• Got to keep the Loonies on the path
  • Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2015, 12:40:02 PM »

I've got a pair of the Moto-Skivees on the way to try out.  But I'm thinking for most rides of trying the Duluth.  I love their ads, and I'm hoping for an angry beaver.  Or something.  ;D
I've got two 400+ mile rides wearing the Moto-Skivies.  Yes, they do make the ride more comfortable.  Things that used to feel constricted don't, and things that used to feel like they needed to be padded are.  But I don't like them overall.  You get off the bike every couple of hundred miles and probably walk around.  Off the bike those but pads feel like a load in the pants. I do not think there's a way to adjust them that would be comfortable while walking.  So I rate them 4 stars out of 5 on the bike but 1 star while off.  If I'm going to do another iron but ride or a turn and burn point A to B ride then I'll probably throw them on.  But if I'm doing a ride, sightsee, ride, eat, ride, sleep kind of day I'll stick with something else.

Me, Screamin' Nemo and The Kid.

tdkkart

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2015, 01:56:28 PM »

I had issues on and off the bike, but since trying these I threw away everything else in my dresser drawer:
http://www.coolclothingusa.com/boxerbriefs.html

Bonus, they appear to be cheaper than a lot of recommendations here.
I have tried the LDC shorts, they're pretty good but haven't had a need for them since switching to the Coolmax.
2015 CVO Road Glide

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2015, 06:12:56 PM »

Who wears underwear?
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2015, 06:25:02 PM »

Who wears underwear?

Moderators.  And politicians.  Moderators and politicians.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  All

Page created in 0.218 seconds with 24 queries.