Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: '08 FXDSE Rear Axle issues  (Read 9710 times)

Shovelhead

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FXDSE, SERT, SE Heavy Breather, V & H Big Radius 2 into 1, S&S 585 gear-driven cams, Rivera tapered adjustable pushrods, H-D Oil cooler, Baker DD7, SE Compensator, SOHB Wedge Tensioner
Re: '08 FXDSE Rear Axle issues
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2011, 01:21:55 AM »

My feet seem to come off the foot pegs above about 80 mph in similar instances, any simple solution?

....light outward pressure utilizing leg muscles while rolling on MORE THROTTLE tends to take care of that !

:jalapeno:
.....started off having a great day this morning,had not been lied to or treated like a fool, then I visited an H-D dealer service dept

Shovelhead

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FXDSE, SERT, SE Heavy Breather, V & H Big Radius 2 into 1, S&S 585 gear-driven cams, Rivera tapered adjustable pushrods, H-D Oil cooler, Baker DD7, SE Compensator, SOHB Wedge Tensioner
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2011, 01:24:27 AM »

My feet seem to come off the foot pegs above about 80 mph in similar instances, any simple solution?

Bungee cords
.....started off having a great day this morning,had not been lied to or treated like a fool, then I visited an H-D dealer service dept

rebo77

• Eric The Great

• CVO1: fxdse2
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2011, 10:38:22 PM »

have put about 5k on the bike since the pads came out havent had any problems since but im taking the bike next month in for 10k service so im getting it checked out for movement so well see ill keep ya posted
there goes them shady riders again

Shovelhead

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2011, 10:59:05 AM »

have put about 5k on the bike since the pads came out havent had any problems since but im taking the bike next month in for 10k service so im getting it checked out for movement so well see ill keep ya posted

Please do !

I've got about 7k since my melee , running completely new rear brake assembly, bearings and custom spacers (including an additional spacer the factory does not acknowledge the necessity of), and I must say that I can longer roll the throttle hard or go very fast on that bike without visions of that disaster crossing my mind. I'm about to tear mine down for more engine work and will thoroughly check all that rear axle situation for the third time since reassembly, so far so good, but it is a scary thought knowing how many of these bikes are out there with rear axles assembled to factory specifications !!!
 :nervous:

Janine

• FXDSE2
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FXDSE2
    • CVO2: FXSTSSE
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2011, 04:16:15 PM »

Please do !

I've got about 7k since my melee , running completely new rear brake assembly, bearings and custom spacers (including an additional spacer the factory does not acknowledge the necessity of), and I must say that I can longer roll the throttle hard or go very fast on that bike without visions of that disaster crossing my mind. I'm about to tear mine down for more engine work and will thoroughly check all that rear axle situation for the third time since reassembly, so far so good, but it is a scary thought knowing how many of these bikes are out there with rear axles assembled to factory specifications !!!
 :nervous:

The only real problem I've ever had with mine, in the 36,000 mile on her, is the front spacers seized onto the axle as moco didn't use Never Seize. Luckily, moco went good for it as I bought her new at my stealers and they were the ones replacing the first tire.
Member 4721
FXDSE2-Candy Cobalt/Midnight Blue

Shovelhead

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2011, 09:51:01 PM »

The only real problem I've ever had with mine, in the 36,000 mile on her, is the front spacers seized onto the axle as moco didn't use Never Seize. Luckily, moco went good for it as I bought her new at my stealers and they were the ones replacing the first tire.

Ha ! "stealer" !! Love it,  Excellent description !!

:2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 25 queries.