Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: little secret on 110" heads !  (Read 31820 times)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: little secret on 110" heads !
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2008, 11:27:41 PM »

This is the part that blows my mind.  I thought CVO to Harley was what AMG is to Mercedes.

Perhaps if Harley was 1/10th as competent as M-B they could make CVO into something other than a styling exercise.  If you take a good look at any CVO going back through time, it has never been about performance.  A CVO is a styling exercise using parts out of the accessory catalog.  There are no ride or handling improvements, and the engine output increase from the added displacement (95 versus 88, then 103 versus 88, now 110 versus 96) is pathetic when compared to what AMG does. 

CVO reminds me of the days when Ford, GM, and Chrysler put racing stripes and spoilers on their 6 cylinder models and called them GT's, etc. 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2008, 11:35:03 PM »

Perhaps if Harley was 1/10th as competent as M-B they could make CVO into something other than a styling exercise.  If you take a good look at any CVO going back through time, it has never been about performance.  A CVO is a styling exercise using parts out of the accessory catalog.  There are no ride or handling improvements, and the engine output increase from the added displacement (95 versus 88, then 103 versus 88, now 110 versus 96) is pathetic when compared to what AMG does. 

CVO reminds me of the days when Ford, GM, and Chrysler put racing stripes and spoilers on their 6 cylinder models and called them GT's, etc. 

Jerry
ya they need to take the  lest costly models and put in  great motors and  great brakes and suspension and leave alll the  heavy  excess chrome off these things and then we have the sleepers that  just could have some good performance instead of al the razzle dazzle that has no real function. pretty don't make um run good.

timo482

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2008, 01:13:40 PM »

the "performance" bikes that HD makes are water cooled.

to

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2008, 01:16:21 PM »

They're not gonna give you "legal performance"! Too expensive to do it that way, especially when they can sell it to everyone afterwards, and not care about the legalities! STF!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2008, 01:39:56 PM »

Perfromance= $$$$, always been thatway...but these heads flowed crummy...My pea sized brain could tell when I pulled the plugs on my 07 and saw a plug with two sided colors...tan/whits on one side...blackgray on the other...Go figger...Hemi's... ;D

jfh

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2008, 05:14:29 PM »

with all do respect, first a statement and a Q. i agree with valve agle(s), valve size,and seat radius etc, that been said
what would be gained in a street power doing all those mods. not trying to be an a-hole, just your opinion-on track vs
street. thank you.   axil

Here is an example of how the street performance of a 110 w/SE255 cams, 50mm TB, and slip-on mufflers is improved with the addition of better flowing heads.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 05:22:54 PM by hdfr120 »
Hammer - CVO Member #641

2009 FLTRSE3: Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm TB, Dewey's Pro-Street porting, SE cam plate, Zipper's tapered pushrods, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, Twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Danny Gray Big Seat

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2008, 05:47:19 PM »

Here is an example of how the street performance of a 110 w/SE255 cams, 50mm TB, and slip-on mufflers is improved with the addition of better flowing heads.
I thought that looked familiar, that is my bike, Mike Stegman at Latus Motors spent a lot of time with it. You can see my last name "Gaddis" on the chart.

Iglide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2009, 02:14:19 PM »

Rooster,

What head work was done to improve flow?
The impossible just takes a little longer

jfh

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2009, 03:53:52 PM »

Rooster,

What head work was done to improve flow?

Baisley ProStreet Heads.

Perhaps Rooster will share more about it since this is his build. I would imagine that it is a great driver based on that torque curve. I wonder how the temps are with the short duration 255 cams.
Hammer - CVO Member #641

2009 FLTRSE3: Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm TB, Dewey's Pro-Street porting, SE cam plate, Zipper's tapered pushrods, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, Twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Danny Gray Big Seat

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2009, 08:54:56 PM »

The bike runs real well up to a little over 4k rpm. Gas mileage has been about 42. It pulls my tent trailer well also. The temps are good unless sitting in traffic on a hot day. First time out was 251 cams, and domed pistons with comp 10-5-1. Ran very hot, no low end power, all on the top, and pinged like crazy, no fun to ride on a hot day. The only thing better than the way it is now would maybe be a bit better cam and a better pipe. Still thinking about those Yuill Bros pipes to  get the heat off both of our right legs better. I don't have the specs of the heads but Dan Baisley at Baisley Performance is a super nice guy to talk to. I had an issue with the seals deciding to leak and he went through them and gave them back to me NO CHARGE. Great service, I highly recomend them. 

jfh

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2009, 09:37:07 AM »

The bike runs real well up to a little over 4k rpm. Gas mileage has been about 42. It pulls my tent trailer well also. The temps are good unless sitting in traffic on a hot day. First time out was 251 cams, and domed pistons with comp 10-5-1. Ran very hot, no low end power, all on the top, and pinged like crazy, no fun to ride on a hot day. The only thing better than the way it is now would maybe be a bit better cam and a better pipe. Still thinking about those Yuill Bros pipes to  get the heat off both of our right legs better. I don't have the specs of the heads but Dan Baisley at Baisley Performance is a super nice guy to talk to. I had an issue with the seals deciding to leak and he went through them and gave them back to me NO CHARGE. Great service, I highly recomend them. 

Rooster,
Are you using stock flat top pistons or the Latus 9.6:1 product?
Hammer - CVO Member #641

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 25 queries.