Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22

Author Topic: Photos Of FXR2's FXR3's & FXR4's  (Read 123093 times)

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
Photos Of FXR2's FXR3's & FXR4's
« on: April 25, 2008, 03:39:36 PM »

Ok.....I thought it would be great to simply post some photos of the different CVO FXR's inclusive of the 2's 3's and 4's in all the available colors....just in case anyone drops in and is curious about what these bikes look like.

IF YOU WOULD FIND IT WORTHY OF YOUR TIME TO READ ABOUT SOME HISTORY OF THE FXR YOU CAN DO SO HERE BY CLICKING AND READING:
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=25417.0;all

Personally I own a 1999 FXR2 Arresting Red and have made a few changes to mine......I happen to have a stable of photos of these bikes and if anyone has other photos that they have in their files post em and I will copy and paste into my files.....I just like looking at these bikes on occassion......

******By the way as you read through this "thread" and notice the reflections made about people's option's, I am merely pointing out those that I can see that were not provided for as the bike was originally produced from the factory as a CVO, the taste of any change or modification is always held by the person owning the bike...... :2vrolijk_21:

Regards,

FXR2evo99

psssst.....RedFXR2 thanks for posting the 5 additional photos you did while I was putting this collage of photos together. 

I really hope many will post into this "thread" so other's can see different photos of these rare and wonderful CVO FXR's.

IF anyone is looking for a laid down rear tail light (red plastic) cover I have one and would be willing to part with it, just e~mail me if interested...
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 02:00:08 PM by FXR2evo99 »

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Photos Of FXR2's FXR3's & FXR4's
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 03:42:19 PM »

1999 FXR2:   Arresting Red

Showing Non stock rear view mirrors and turn signals
                  a 21" HD optional "Black" Thunder Star Wheel, No Rear Belt
                  guard as well as non HD OEM chrome lower side pannels.
                  Also notice that the front brake caliper has also been
                  modified to chrome from how the bike originally came from
                  the factory.

[NOTE: Please remember that putting your curser next to the paper clip icon below the photo will allow you to enlarge the photo plus save it to your computer if you desire OR if you merely wish to see it enlarged simply put your curser on the photo and "LEFT" click and it will enlarge]
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 01:00:51 AM by FXR2evo99 »

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 03:43:51 PM »

1999 FXR2: Arresting Red   Total Production:  624

One of the things you will notice from photos of the "Arresting Red" is that the color can present itself differently within every photo....sometimes different hues for sure....but that has to do obviously with the digital camera being used....I would say that this photo of the tank is a very good representation of the "true" color in person....while the FXR3 colors of "Candy" Emerald Green With Flames and the Dark "Candy" Blue With Flames and finally the FXR4 color of "Candy" Tangerine actually MENTION the word "candy" in their descriptions I would MOST definitely say that the FXR2 "Arresting Red" could easily be described as being a "Candy" Cherry or apple red of sorts....another very NEAT quality of the "Arresting Red" paint is that the "Harley Davidson" graphic on the tank is a hologram and depending upon the light reaching the tank can "ghost" away per say.....sort of simply disappears....a very unique and awesome quality that HD did with this....I really haven't seen it replicated on any other HD bikes...perhaps other have....

[NOTE: Please remember that putting your curser next to the paper clip icon below the photo will allow you to enlarge the photo plus save it to your computer if you desire OR if you merely wish to see it enlarged simply put your curser on the photo and "LEFT" click and it will enlarge]

« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 01:01:19 AM by FXR2evo99 »

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 03:46:15 PM »

1999 FXR2:  Arresting Red

« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 01:02:04 AM by FXR2evo99 »

RedFXR2

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 03:48:44 PM »

OK.  Here's another look at mine:
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 11:16:50 AM by RedFXR2 »

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 03:50:06 PM »

« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 01:02:38 AM by FXR2evo99 »

RedFXR2

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 03:50:57 PM »

Here's a FXR2 with Vance and Hines Big Shots staggered pipes.  V&H will insist they won't fit.

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2008, 03:52:18 PM »

« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 01:03:08 AM by FXR2evo99 »

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2008, 03:55:55 PM »

Now set up for touring inclusive of FXR "Convertible" Saddle Bags & Notice The 19" Wheel, still spoked though!!!!

« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 01:04:02 AM by FXR2evo99 »

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2008, 03:58:31 PM »

1999 FXR2 Arresting Red

....another photo of  the "Detachable" "Convertible" FXRS-Con Saddlebags that were
                  "original" equipment on 1989-1993 FXRS-Convertible Bikes.  Also notice the 19" wheel......
                  The saddlebags are difficult to find....as they are no longer a "option" being offered directly from HD. 
                  The saddlebags were originally priced at $350 each when offered through HD as "accessory" parts.
                  One can find them occassionally on Ebay and sometimes other sources have had them.  Anyway
                  I was fortunate enough to locate 2 brand new never before used bags for around $440.00.  The cost
                  associated with all of the hardware is around $180.00 when one factors in the "relocation" of the turn
                  signals.  All of the hardware is actually still available through HD as of this writing.  The laid down
                  license plate that I incorporated with the relocation of my turn signals is simply one from JP Cycles and
                  is manufactured by Custom Chrome.  Essentially with the "detachable" aspect my bike is ready for
                  TOURING or back to a look without bags in a mere 2 minutes....The saddle bags while somewhat small
                  still are capable of carrying tools, rain gear, water, etc.   If one were to decide to use this set up with
                  an FXR3 or an FXR4 it would require some "drilling" of the side pannels as one of the "pins" to fasten
                  the saddlebag to is secured to the frame under the "coverage" area of the plastic side pannels.  The
                  FXR2 does not have this issue as you will see that the side pannels on these bikes have less coverage
                  due to their smaller size.  If one decides not to drill their "original" side covers....one could always
                  purchase a second set of side covers to then drill them while not harming the original ones....I am not
                  saying this would be cost effective, but merely a "plausable" option.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 01:04:56 AM by FXR2evo99 »

RedFXR2

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2008, 04:00:49 PM »

FXR2 in Stone Cold Blue:

RedFXR2

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2008, 04:04:03 PM »

FXR3 Blue:

RedFXR2

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2008, 04:04:42 PM »

FXR3 Green:

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2008, 04:05:39 PM »

This photo shows the "alteration" and "moving" of the Turn Signals to allow for the FXRS-Con
                  Saddlebags and what it looks like!

« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 01:05:30 AM by FXR2evo99 »

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2008, 04:13:41 PM »

1999 FXR2 Arresting Red

Showing a Peformance Machine Chrome Front Brake Caliper close up

« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 01:06:10 AM by FXR2evo99 »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 25 queries.