Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Fullsac baffles compared to other slip ons  (Read 8693 times)

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited "Wicked"
Fullsac baffles compared to other slip ons
« on: November 21, 2015, 04:27:51 AM »

I have the Vance and Hines power Duals, so not interested in headpipe, just the Fullsac baffles....

trying to get idea of where they are on loudness compared to other pipes including stock

Running the stock slip ons right now and too quiet. Had V&H monster ovals with power duals  on last bike (103 with 57 cam) and they were good level of sound.

SO how much louder is the 1.75 baffles over stock cvo muffler? For those who know the V&H slip ons, what level/size baffle compares to the monster rounds, ovals?  or even the high output? 

Was leaning towards monster rounds or high outputs, but read some in here and don't want to hurt low end. So I a thinking a mid level or 2 inch baffle possibly...just haven't heard any and hard to buy off u-tube videos..

riding style...all of them, local and cross country, usually two up and we go lidless to 1/2 helmets mostly but use intercom in 3/4 and recently bought some full face for the intercom.  Guess I wouldn't mind noise so long as no power loss.

Last question- I hate seeing that tail piece of baffle sticking out of stock set up. How does the fullsac look installed. Realize it wont have the VH thick lip but is it noticeable or hidden in a little deeper than stock?
Will

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: Fullsac baffles compared to other slip ons
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 05:39:01 AM »

I can't help with the sound comparison unless you're available to meet up for lunch next Wed the day before Thanksgiving. You pix says Steeler Country so I'm guessing you're within two hours of me. I have the 2" cores in mine and only used 1/2 of the stock wrapping and like it. I also have the DX pipe so there's no Cat in mine anymore. They are about an inch or so shorter than the stock baffles so they don't stick clear out to the end of the pipe. I don't have a good pix of that on hand.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

FXD_TG

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 08:48:03 AM »

Pictures and video/audio:

https://ridingtwoup.wordpress.com/2013/08/24/and-between-800am-900am/

https://ridingtwoup.wordpress.com/2013/08/29/flhrse5-working-the-fullsac-exhaust-note-volume/

The bike in these photos was totaled last month by an inattentive driver in FL; the replacement is identical and I just ordered the Fullsac Stage 1 w/2" cores again. 

« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 08:52:50 AM by FXD_TG »

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 12:03:54 AM »

OBB...Working nights, so cant ride to Canton, but last week I would have took you up on that. Might have to wait till spring now, snow rolling in few hours from now...Does Your end look like FXD's? How about whats your sound compared to stock?

FXD- like that look.

What made you guys pick your size then? Understand nobody wants the quietest, but why not 2.25? Read your blog, understand the want for both loud and quiet at times. But need more volume than stock for sure...even with the V&H headpipe, its quiet.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 12:24:42 AM by bakon »
Will

FXD_TG

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2015, 02:34:05 AM »

What made you guys pick your size then?

2.0" seemed like the sweet spot for a nice exhaust note without giving up low-end torque.  1.75" would probably have worked very well for us to and may have even given us a little more low-end torque while still giving the bike a very nice exhaust note that was on par with Harley's SE cans.  2.25 just seemed like overkill at the expense of some low-end torque.

In terms of what the Fullsac system did for our bike in the performance department, this was what our local engine tuner was able to get out of the motor where the only modification to the engine was the Fullsac system: DX pipe with 2.0 cores and full sheets of batting in the cans.  The ECU map that came from Steve at Fullsac was good, but our engine tuner was able to get a lot more out of the motor: it was eye-opening how much more launch power it had after the tune.

North Star

• CANADA- Love it or Leave it
  • 1K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide- Orange/Black
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monter 821- Star White
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2015, 02:37:02 AM »

Because a 2.25 baffle is a bit too big for a 110. Unless you dont want it much louder than stock, go for the 2.0 baffles. They will give you the best peformance.

Yes, Im not a fan of the baffle sticking out like that, but Fullsac has said before that this design gives a better quality sound without any droning, etc.
2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide- Electric Orange/Vivid Black
GMR 113", GMR 600 cams, Fullac DX & Kuryakyn Crushers, SE Heavy Breather, tuned by "Dyno Dave" Stoddart
Jagg 10 row fan assisted oil cooler
Axeo Legends/Ohlins 3-3/True Track front and rear
C&C Fastback seat w/orange flame stitching & a Le Pera Maverick
PYO Monkey Bars- 10"
Freedom Shields 12" light grey
Hawg Wired "six pack"amp/speakers, Iron Cross ipod interface
HD Daymaker headlights
Detachable King Tour Pak in Electric Orange

North Star

• CANADA- Love it or Leave it
  • 1K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide- Orange/Black
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monter 821- Star White
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2015, 02:38:05 AM »

Because a 2.25 baffle is a bit too big for a 110. Unless you dont want it much louder than stock, go for the 2.0 baffles over the 1.75.  They will give you the best peformance.

Yes, Im not a fan of the baffle sticking out like that, but Fullsac has said before that this design gives a better quality sound without any droning, etc.
2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide- Electric Orange/Vivid Black
GMR 113", GMR 600 cams, Fullac DX & Kuryakyn Crushers, SE Heavy Breather, tuned by "Dyno Dave" Stoddart
Jagg 10 row fan assisted oil cooler
Axeo Legends/Ohlins 3-3/True Track front and rear
C&C Fastback seat w/orange flame stitching & a Le Pera Maverick
PYO Monkey Bars- 10"
Freedom Shields 12" light grey
Hawg Wired "six pack"amp/speakers, Iron Cross ipod interface
HD Daymaker headlights
Detachable King Tour Pak in Electric Orange

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2015, 08:00:36 AM »

2.0" seemed like the sweet spot for a nice exhaust note without giving up low-end torque.  1.75" would probably have worked very well for us to and may have even given us a little more low-end torque while still giving the bike a very nice exhaust note that was on par with Harley's SE cans.  2.25 just seemed like overkill at the expense of some low-end torque.

In terms of what the Fullsac system did for our bike in the performance department, this was what our local engine tuner was able to get out of the motor where the only modification to the engine was the Fullsac system: DX pipe with 2.0 cores and full sheets of batting in the cans.  The ECU map that came from Steve at Fullsac was good, but our engine tuner was able to get a lot more out of the motor: it was eye-opening how much more launch power it had after the tune.

Because a 2.25 baffle is a bit too big for a 110. Unless you dont want it much louder than stock, go for the 2.0 baffles. They will give you the best peformance.

What these guys said. It's louder than stock. Nice rumble and I get lots of compliments on the sound. My dyno sheet looks pretty much the same as TG's. I have the DX pipe also. I'm sure your headpipe will be close to ours.

I meant I can meet you in the middle somewhere. Not ride clear over here to Canton. Would be about an hour ride for either of us depending on what part of the 'Burg you're close to. The snow is missing us this time around but I don't see many more days before it gets put on the lift for the winter tear down and detailing.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 08:08:13 AM by OBB »

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2015, 08:04:39 AM »

Here's a pix taken at an angle that should show the length of the cores a little better.

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2015, 12:11:57 PM »

I've breezed through all the comments and I'll just add my experience with two 110" bikes.

I bought a new '08 SERK Annie and on that I did True Duals V&H.  Remember that was the year prior to the under chassis crossover exhaust.  I had V&H Wide Ovals, not their BIG Ovals.  The sound was VERY mellow and deep, but quite loud.  They would settle down a bit on the highway, but they did sound very nice to my ears.

On the '09 SERK I went new with Fullsac 2" and their dyno proven TTS Mastertune and map.  This has always ran great and I get very good mileage.  No decel pop or hesitation anywhere.  The sound was okay, but not very loud.  It's deep, but not nearly as mellow at the V&H Wide Ovals.  My wife wanted a bit louder.

I found a set of Fullsac 2.5" for sale and bought them.  I had read all the stories about loss of power and low end torque, but did it anyway.

I find them still not as loud as the V&H Wide Ovals, but close.  They are NOT as mellow as the V&H, but do sound pretty good.  Also I have de-catted the CAT and that's all I run is the de-catted stock header pipe.

To be very honest, I've not noticed ANY remote loss of power or even snappiness to the bike.  I did lose about 1 to 2 mpg, but that's very subjective to how I ride on any given day.

I would not hesitate again to do to the 2.5", which are no longer made, or the 2.25".  They bark on the throttle and quiet down very nicely on highway cruising.  I can hear my tunes without any issues.  I'm very happy with the performance for my riding tastes.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

TNCarters

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU
    • CVO2: 2011 Ultra Limited (Traded)
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2015, 12:16:47 PM »

Echo what others have said. I'm running a Fuel Moto x-pipe with the 1.75 baffles and it's only a bit louder and deeper tone than stock. Like the sound but may try the 2" sometime. Baffles are pretty easy and inexpensive once you have removed the stock baffles and put screens in.
Ron
2015 CVO RGU
Burgundy Blaze

Jbbrown73

• Elite CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RG Ultra
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI (Brandywine)
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2015, 11:43:09 AM »

I'm running the 1.75" with the Fullsac head pipe. Sound is very mellow, not a lot louder than stock, but definitely a throaty sound. I used 13" of the stock wrapping with the screens per recommendation from Fullsac. With the Kury 24D cam and this exhaust configuration I got 103/113 on the dyno. The bike runs great, has a ton of torque and runs cool as a cucumber. Very happy with this config.
Carterville, (Southern) Illinois (that would be 350 miles south of Chicago)

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2015, 06:00:59 PM »

Good info
Will

+RO@D*R@GE+

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2015, 03:14:31 AM »

I've used 2.0 , 2.25 and 2.5 .....best performance is the 2.0 core ....best sound for sure is the 2.5 nice and deep
as far as the end sticking out ...I cut some of the end tip off left just enough to grab with a wrench to pull it back out if needed ...looks alot better

I would say the 2.5 sound like the rinehart 4 inch slip ons or high output ...very close in sound
the 2.25 SD's I had little louder then 2.0 but sound more aggressive ....non are over obnoxious ...just deeper
the 2.0 sounded just about the same as my screaming eagle II slip ons .....I didn't use any packing for any of the cores...just a heads up
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 03:37:59 AM by +RO@D*R@GE+ »
Don't talk about it....Be about it!!!
2012 cvo road glide maple
Fullsac DX headers
CFR Mufflers
TTS tuner

+RO@D*R@GE+

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2015, 03:20:18 AM »

can't see it when cut down
Don't talk about it....Be about it!!!
2012 cvo road glide maple
Fullsac DX headers
CFR Mufflers
TTS tuner
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 22 queries.