Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Can't believe it  (Read 5384 times)

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
Re: Can't believe it
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2015, 01:04:06 PM »

when you say wobble was it the rear end shake/wobble or was it the handle bar tank slapper? does your bike have the new style frame or the old style? Ive experianced  both and know the feeling
He does not specify but the photo is of a 2007 FLHTCUSE2 and I think that is the bike he is referring to.  So old style frame. :2vrolijk_21:

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2015, 03:52:29 PM »

The ride str8 or the tru track made these bikes handle better. The fork bearings are prob dry. Find that zerk and if it hasnt been lubed it will take a whole tube. Mine never woobled again after the rear stabilizer was added and the front lubed up. I had problems with rear swingarm wear but that was at 60k miles. It would be easy to put an indicator on wheels to ck run out

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2015, 05:04:11 PM »

when you say wobble was it the rear end shake/wobble or was it the handle bar tank slapper? does your bike have the new style frame or the old style? Ive experianced  both and know the feeling

It is the rear end doing the wiggle bars are steady.

He does not specify but the photo is of a 2007 FLHTCUSE2 and I think that is the bike he is referring to.  So old style frame. :2vrolijk_21:

It is the 2007

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2015, 05:31:06 PM »

I have been In touch with the tyre manufactures and it has come back that the tyre put on the bike is designed for lighter weight bikes.
The manufacture has given me the information as to the correct tyre to carry the load.
Now I've got to take it up with the bike shop. They messed up they got to make it right I'm hopping with out a struggle.

I've not found any other thing as far but this tyre issue and too keep in mind all this trouble began after the tyre was installed.

So now let the games begin   

ltank

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 S&S V111, CustomS.S. 2-1 exhaust, Primo-Rivera OD 6 speed, 49mm Custom Front End Ohlins 30mm Fork cartridges , Hyperpro Shocks, Barnett Scorpian Clutch
    • CVO2: 1983 88" Shovelhead Won the World of Wheels 1985 Sept 85 Issue of Hot Bike Mag
    • CVO3: 1989 FXRS, 1990 Custom 100" Shovelhead/ EVO
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2015, 07:56:58 AM »

I was told at the Dealership the Batwing fairing was only designed to keep the wind off of you up to 70 mph. I have a standard windshield that doesn't so far cause this problem even at speeds in excess of 100mph.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 22 queries.