Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Half price on Liquid Glass  (Read 1620 times)

DarkEagle

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond with Emerald Ice Flames
Half price on Liquid Glass
« on: February 08, 2009, 10:10:45 AM »

Went to the local Schucks last week and thought I'd try Liquid Glass after reading good things about it in the Glare "it it snake oil" post.
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=24557.0;all

I thought $9.82 was maybe a good deal on the small can but when I looked it up, this was for the 16 ounce can going for $21! Guilt & karma got the best of me so the next time I went back I asked the sales lady about it and she said they got bought out and has a bigger discount in volume buying.

Still don't seem right but if this stuff works good I'll have to stock up. So far tested with my black cage, not bad but need a pre-cleaner polish first to start with bare polished paint. Anyway for those that swear by it, might want to check them out or their parent company (you'll have to google it). :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

rasmusmi

Re: Half price on Liquid Glass
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 05:06:00 PM »

On the other hand...counterpoint :argue:,
I had BAD luck with Liquid Glass and would never use it again, especially on chrome (even though advertised as safe to use on chrome).. :wall:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 05:07:15 PM »

On the other hand...counterpoint :argue:,
I had BAD luck with Liquid Glass and would never use it again, especially on chrome (even though advertised as safe to use on chrome).. :wall:

What happened?

rasmusmi

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 05:28:54 PM »

It left many slight, hairline scratches all over, even using a clean micro-fiber cloths and Harley softcloths to apply. I later (after the fact) heard this stuff was "the equivalent of melted plastic". Anyway, to each his own..but I'll never use anything other than spray-on/wipe-off polish on my bikes anymore, and will touch the chrome as little as possible. Just my experince...may be an anomaly, but it happened to me!

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 25 queries.