Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: This is Torture?  (Read 1448 times)

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
This is Torture?
« on: March 13, 2011, 05:36:41 PM »

Journalist Mike Guy underwent waterboarding by a trained member of the U.S. military, Guy bet that he could endure 15 seconds of the interrogation technique used by the Bush administration on al Qaeda chief Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and Abu Zubaydah.

Caution, the link is to a Playboy web address but there is no nudity.

http://content1.clipmarks.com/content/7E8ADC46-F3DD-4D6F-B184-3A07CF501B7C

:nixweiss:

Cosmic Charlie

• Full CVO Member
Re: This is Torture?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 05:57:13 PM »

I suppose drowning is drowning regardless of how you drown ...

Gotta admit it's a simple procedure ....

Glad it's not me ...

Thanks for the explanation - I never did really know ... the press (?) ... uses the word but was not clear about the procedure

Did someone say "Don't try this at home"

I hope some idiot seeing this doesn't think it would be a good idea to try it out - as in Jack Ass - the movies . or You Tube ...
2009 FLTRSE3 Electric Orange RG SE 110
D&D Boss Fat Cats with Ghost Pipe
CeeBaileysSuperStepContour14"
TTS Tuner
Ohlin's #3-3
J&M 7 1/4's & 250 amp
Utopia Drivers Back Rest

Nothing Left To Do But Smile Smile Smile

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 10:30:34 PM »

I saw this when it first came out - don't know why it is not allowed  :nixweiss: I think every terrorist should be subjected to it.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

StevesCVO

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 10:42:58 PM »

Crazy he didn't last more than 5 seconds and he didn't have anything to worry about.

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 11:02:36 PM »

We went through that during E & E (Escape & Evasion) a couple of times, but don't recall getting timed. Key is remembering not to breathe during the 'wetdown' which is unnatural but doable. Ever capsized in a boat and gone underwater? Same thing just more tense with the restraints. Whoosie journalist.  :huepfenjump3:
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 07:33:01 AM »

I watched that and gave up the deed to my house, told them my name, rank, and serial number, and signed the confession.   :oops:
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 04:56:44 PM »

Sadam Hussein's henchmen were known for water boarding. There are a couple of ways to drown. One is your lungs filling with water depriving the body of oxygen. Another is ingesting (drinking) too much water thush flushing minerals and nutrition from your system. Known to happen during marathons and initiations/contests where large amounts of plain water is ingested. Sadam's henchmen would continue to water board for lengths of time causing the victim to swallow enough water until they would purposely drown them. Describing bellies so swollen that they looked like a watermelon ready to pop.

When done by the Good Knight it is not torture because no purposeful physical harm can come to the victim. Who gets to define the Good Knight?

During WWII it was used by the Evil Empire and known by the Allies as Japanese Water Torture.

After reading some info about it:
To be truly effective you have to have multiple questions to ask.
Convince the victim that they are being water boarded by the Saudis because they think the Americans won't drown them.
First ask questions and get answers before water boarding.
Walk victim into room with about 100 1-gallon jugs of water for him to see.
Second ask questions multiple times during a water boarding period of say 15 minutes.
Let victim recover (vomit and breath) and think it is over then throw his ass back down and do it all over again documenting the answers.
Do this for multiple days and then compare the answers. They say the truth normally comes out during the first session.  :nixweiss:

I have mixed feelings about the U.S. using these methods. I see a need to get info that can keep us from harm. I always thought we had a good legal system and were a strong nation before we started doing this. We always hated the Russians because they did this.
Semper Fi
Get your "Motor Running Head", out on the highway!

What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men

Gank

• Senior CVO Member
  • Im from HQ, Im here to help :D

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 05:10:44 PM »

Try doing that after a few hours of intense psy ops... and its no wonder they sing like babies.

Im not comfortable with the good guys doing this.  But you have to do something to get their attention and get them to tell us whats up.. its better than getting a PHONE CALL, or having your bones broken.
To Libs and NDP
"If we are not willing to commit our military when asked by the United Nations, for a NATO mission, in a country whose elected government wants us and whose citizens need us, then when would Canada be prepared to do so?"

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2011, 09:58:30 PM »

Think i'd rather have my head cut off   :nervous: :nervous: :nervous:

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2011, 11:02:13 PM »

Video is unavailable at this time, but from what i know of waterboarding it would be a pleasure to get shot.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 26 queries.