Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Author Topic: Deal points on 2011 cvo Street Glide  (Read 12697 times)

rheiner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 120r motor Black Diamond/Crimson Tag Graphics
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Riptide Blue/Titanium Dust
Deal points on 2011 cvo Street Glide
« on: August 04, 2010, 01:37:03 PM »

I've been on a waiting list at my local dealer for a cvo Street Glide since they were introduced last year. I'm at the top now and a black/crimson is available to me in the next week or so if I want it.  I'll pay cash, no trade in, and I've been a good customer of this dealership for many years and have been happy with it. They treat me well in the service dept. on warranty issues or any other service issue. If I don't take it many others will jump on the opportunity to buy this bike. The market for these motorcycles, and any new cvo for that fact, in my area is strong and there are few to none that ever last on the showroom for long, and the ones that do are not touring bikes. What is considered a good deal? I'll be looking at new handlebars, headpipe, baffles, and extended warranty with the bike purchase.

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
Re: Deal points on 2011 cvo Street Glide
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 01:43:42 PM »

In my opinion, MSRP is a good (and fair) deal on CVOs. If you can get a discount on the extended warranty and some % off additional P&A, more the better. There are many online HD dealers who sell parts and accessories at 20% off. If you can install what you want yourself, that's always an option. On big items like lowers, my dealer matched the 20% off. On little stuff, I don't even ask.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 02:02:28 PM »

I've been on a waiting list at my local dealer for a cvo Street Glide since they were introduced last year. I'm at the top now and a black/crimson is available to me in the next week or so if I want it.  I'll pay cash, no trade in, and I've been a good customer of this dealership for many years and have been happy with it. They treat me well in the service dept. on warranty issues or any other service issue. If I don't take it many others will jump on the opportunity to buy this bike. The market for these motorcycles, and any new cvo for that fact, in my area is strong and there are few to none that ever last on the showroom for long, and the ones that do are not touring bikes. What is considered a good deal? I'll be looking at new handlebars, headpipe, baffles, and extended warranty with the bike purchase.
Considering what is in red I would say be happy if you got the bike for MSRP..... I would doubt they would take less for that if the market is that strong. What you may negotiate for/with is price of ESP (if you are interested in that), maybe a store gift certificate (=/> $500), and or discount (=/> 20%) on accessories & install of them at time of purchase (up to six months after would really be nice). Depending on what you have in mine for accessories/upgrades the discount may be a better option.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 03:21:39 PM »

Considering what is in red I would say be happy if you got the bike for MSRP..... I would doubt they would take less for that if the market is that strong. What you may negotiate for/with is price of ESP (if you are interested in that), maybe a store gift certificate (=/> $500), and or discount (=/> 20%) on accessories & install of them at time of purchase (up to six months after would really be nice). Depending on what you have in mine for accessories/upgrades the discount may be a better option.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

I have to agree..if the demand in your area is that high, then MSRP is fair and I give the dealer credit for not taking advantage of the high demand. Some dealers in my area try to get $3-$4K over MSRP if they can. The bikes sit on the showroom floor for a while, but eventually somebody buys them.

Badger Mike

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2017 Indian Jack Daniels Edition Chieftan
    • CVO3: 2019 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 03:23:47 PM »

At this point in the year for a 2011 CVO, MSRP is fair.  I would add a 20% discount on all parts ordered in the first 30 days, you'll need it ;)
The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, those are really good days.

Sierramadre

• Elite CVO Member
  • "Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 03:44:29 PM »

I just bought the same bike as you and paid MSRP plus freight but no dealer prep.  In addition, they gave me a $500 store gift card and a 15% discount on parts.  I live in Michigan where the economy truly sucks so they may have been a little more generous than normal but it was a pretty easy deal to make.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 04:14:56 PM »

The extended warranty (service agreement) is negotiable and can be bought from any dealership at any time during it's factory warranty (two years), right over the phone.  If you let them know that you're aware of that, they'll probably match that.

Sales are way down on Harleys across the nation and a number of us got ours below MSRP last year (first time for CVOs) but you have to be willing to travel to get those kind of deals.  Of course that's a great excuse for a long ride home. :2vrolijk_21:

Like others have said, no more than MSRP on the bike with at least 15% discount on parts and installation (you can get parts at 20% discount from a number of vendors but most here get them from Jenni or Chicago HD) and at least 15% (hopefully 20%) discount on the extended warranty. :2vrolijk_21:

That's a really nice bike that you're getting.  I think there are many here that would like to have that one.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHTKSE
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 06:22:51 PM »

Maybe no setup or freight.
Harley addict here looking for 'The Cure'

rheiner

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2010, 07:32:50 PM »

Those are all good responses. Thank you. The initial offer they made me is $33k including shipping and setup, and $200 off any extended warranty I might want. I get 20% off parts at another dealer I've bought a few bikes from and the parts service is great, no sales tax, etc. My local dealer treats me well so I don't want to haggle over a few hundred extra dollars just to sweeten the deal a little.

The next question is this: The black diamond/crimson tag is due to arrive in a week. a black diamond/inferno orange is arriving next month. No other cvo SGs the rest of the year. I like them both and can't decide which one. What should I do? 

tjstreetglide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010flhxse
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2010, 07:36:50 PM »

Those are all good responses. Thank you. The initial offer they made me is $33k including shipping and setup, and $200 off any extended warranty I might want. I get 20% off parts at another dealer I've bought a few bikes from and the parts service is great, no sales tax, etc. My local dealer treats me well so I don't want to haggle over a few hundred extra dollars just to sweeten the deal a little.

The next question is this: The black diamond/crimson tag is due to arrive in a week. a black diamond/inferno orange is arriving next month. No other cvo SGs the rest of the year. I like them both and can't decide which one. What should I do? 
The black diamond/crimson 
TJ

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2010, 07:51:13 PM »

That unfortunately/fortunately will be a decision only you should make... you will be the one looking at/riding this bike for some time to come and your heart/soul will tell you which one is the right one. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2010, 07:55:49 PM »

That unfortunately/fortunately will be a decision only you should make... you will be the one looking at/riding this bike for some time to come and your heart/soul will tell you which one is the right one. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

I agree with d00d's thought, but if you think their's a chance you'll hand it off to me someday, I'd suggest the black diamond/inferno orange!             ::) ::) ::)  :P
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

slamr

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 Sunset Orange / Sunset Black Fade
    • CVO2: 2010 Concord FLHXSE - Sold
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2010, 08:02:31 PM »

I'll second all the responses on MSRP and P&A discounts etc.  Regarding color, all I can tell you is that it was the hardest part of buying my 2010 SESG.  All the colors were fantastic.  In the end, after many missed opportunities trying to decide on second choice colors, I held out for my original choice, Concord.  Go with the color you feel strongest about regardless of the delivery date.  You're spending big $'s and the last thing you want to do is choose a color that you are not 100% comfortable with. . . . .   You'll "feel" the right color choice when you see it!  Enjoy the shopping experience.   :drink:

smkblwr

• Senior CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2018 RGU
    • CVO2: 2018 FreeWheeler
    • CVO3: 2007 VRSCX Vrod #328
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2010, 08:27:04 PM »

when i got my 2010  he knew i wanted it and i knew he wanted it off the floor, it had been on the floor for about a month, got it for msrp with free setup, freight, 1st service, and 20% on accesories for 30days which did pipes, intake, tuner, bars, airhorns.thats about all i want to do to it for now, well maybe cams hahaha.  didnt think i did to bad after seeing what some dealers where selling them for.
2018 RGU.
2018 FreeWheeler "Wifes"
2007 V&H PRO Stock Tribute #328 VRod
IBA Member 45500

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHTKSE
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2010, 08:32:35 PM »

One thing I really learned is to NOT judge the CVO colors from the pictures. You must see them in person and preferably in the sunlight, Good Luck!!
Harley addict here looking for 'The Cure'

rheiner

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2010, 08:58:07 PM »

I agree with d00d and knew it before I posed the question. guess I was looking to see what you guys like on picture impressions. I wasn't planning on going to Sturgis this year but maybe I'll scoot up there and take a look at the colors since I tend to keep my motorcycles for a lot of years. I agree that in person viewing is the best way to choose color. There are also different wheel finishes on these model bikes. I've also learned that the color inside a building versus out in natural light can be very different, too. I didn't care for the 2010 CVO UC in red in the building last year but when I saw one in the sun last week I was impressed how nice it looked.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2010, 09:16:02 PM »

A couple things that you may want to consider...............

The orange and black will stand out (even at a glance coming from the opposite direction) and be more redaly identified as a CVO than the black and crimson tag.

I suspect that the black and crimson tag will be the more common of the colors (however, the orange and black will run a close second) offered, if you're wanting one that's just a little more rare you may want to go with the orange and black.

Just some things to consider when you go to view them. :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

harris48cars

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2010, 10:04:38 PM »

Orange and black has always kind of been HD's color. I see a lot of bids on ebay when the black and orange come up. Real popular on the 09 SE Road Glide. I've got a deposit on one and I'm thinking about putting a deposit down on the Green and Black. I'm torn between the two. I've been calling a lot of dealers both in and out of my state. Two dealers bluntly told me they are tacking on another $2500. But I've also talked to 5 or 6 who are selling at MSRP plus shipping and assembly. One or two want big money for processing fees. Yelp, ole HD keeps hollering, "Hey stupid" and why not, there's always some one hollering back, "yeah what do you want". Anyway, my best price is $34,127.35 OTD, About the same for a few other dealers.
 Gary

Lucky88

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Spiced Rum
    • CVO2: 2011 SESG Kryptonite/Black Diamond
    • CVO3: 2011.5 SEUC Twilight Blue/Candy Cobalt
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2010, 12:52:13 AM »

Orange and black has always kind of been HD's color. I see a lot of bids on ebay when the black and orange come up. Real popular on the 09 SE Road Glide. I've got a deposit on one and I'm thinking about putting a deposit down on the Green and Black. I'm torn between the two. I've been calling a lot of dealers both in and out of my state. Two dealers bluntly told me they are tacking on another $2500. But I've also talked to 5 or 6 who are selling at MSRP plus shipping and assembly. One or two want big money for processing fees. Yelp, ole HD keeps hollering, "Hey stupid" and why not, there's always some one hollering back, "yeah what do you want". Anyway, my best price is $34,127.35 OTD, About the same for a few other dealers.
 Gary

That's a good price. I was quoted $37,735 today. They said the bike was selling at MSRP, but they tag on a whole bunch of other charges. $200 for emissions, freight, setup, doc fees. I think its crazy. They should not charge freight or setup.  It should be the cost of business to have the bike available to the store, no? :nixweiss: Besides, I know they're making a killing on the CVOs at MSRP! The price to pay for our toys...I guess its all good at the end.
2004 Honda RVT1000-(RC51) still in crate
2004 BMW K1200RS - Go anywhere bike
2006 BMW GS Adventure special edition -still in crate
2009 BMW HP2 Sport  #1-w/ABS- still in crate
2010 CVO SESG- Spiced Rum- wants to come out to play
2011 BMW HP2 Sport - Waiting for a Motorsport Edition-wishful thinking
2011 CVO SESG- Kryptonite- Finally arrived 2-21-11
2011.5 CVO Ultra Classic- Blue or Red? ...BLUE! arrived 3-28-11

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2010, 08:30:13 AM »

That's a good price. I was quoted $37,735 today. They said the bike was selling at MSRP, but they tag on a whole bunch of other charges. $200 for emissions, freight, setup, doc fees. I think its crazy. They should not charge freight or setup.  It should be the cost of business to have the bike available to the store, no? :nixweiss: Besides, I know they're making a killing on the CVOs at MSRP! The price to pay for our toys...I guess its all good at the end.

FWIW....I've never paid any of those fees.  There are dealers that sell at MSRP with no fees.  Those are the dealers that I've spent my money at... :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 11:08:58 AM by sadunbar »
Screamin Eagle 120r
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2010, 08:53:45 AM »

It is crazy...  I've never paid any of those fees.  There are plenty of dealers that sell at MSRP with no fees.  Those are the dealers that I've spent my money at... :2vrolijk_21:
You forgot to list those dealers? :nixweiss:

West Coast GTG   

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2010, 09:05:18 AM »

You forgot to list those dealers? :nixweiss:

Kutters Harley Davidson in Janesville, Wi. for one!  Bought my last 3 CVO's there at MSRP with no fees attached - and a discounted Extended Service Plan...   :2vrolijk_21:
Screamin Eagle 120r
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2010, 09:16:00 AM »

I was quoted yesterday MSRP + $1,265 for fees (freight, preparation, documentation) + sales tax.

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2010, 09:43:53 AM »

A couple things that you may want to consider...............

The orange and black will stand out (even at a glance coming from the opposite direction) and be more redaly identified as a CVO than the black and crimson tag.

I suspect that the black and crimson tag will be the more common of the colors (however, the orange and black will run a close second) offered, if you're wanting one that's just a little more rare you may want to go with the orange and black.

Just some things to consider when you go to view them. :nixweiss:

All valid points! However the Black Diamond Crimson scooter is sweet too. Get the one that grabs ya!

JW

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2010, 03:38:43 PM »

FWIW....I've never paid any of those fees.  There are dealers that sell at MSRP with no fees.  Those are the dealers that I've spent my money at... :2vrolijk_21:

I have never paid those fees either.
Wait, maybe I did, I wrote a check for $34,126.00 for the 09 out the door.
Maybe it was $30K for delivery and $4,126.00 for set up.
Maybe it was cause I got the most votes in the "Chithead" poll, H-D of Charlotte just threw the bike in after delivery and set up fees were paid.
Damn, I didn't ask.

SBB

Note to self, ask next time.  DUH!

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

harris48cars

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2010, 05:34:31 PM »

If some one would buy my 09SE  Fat Bob I would put a deposit on the Kryptonite also. Doesn't someone know somebody who wants to best deal ever on a SE Fat Bob. $17,000. It's in the classifieds. Anyway,I picked up a brochure at the dealer today and all the colors look great. I didn't like the black at first but in that brochure it has the WOW factor. One dealer I called said he got 400 motorcycles year before last and this year he has been cut to 200 and 4 are CVO's. Said he will only sell them locally so he can get the service on them (Makes sense). He's tacking on $2500 on each of them. This same dealer offered me $500 off MSRP two years ago on a CVO Springer. I guess you gouge where you can. I've really had no problem finding the new CVO's for MSRP. Another dealer said he was not selling any CVO's until he finished dressing them out. Different dealers for different folks I guess.
  Gary

harris48cars

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2010, 05:46:11 PM »

That's a good price. I was quoted $37,735 today. They said the bike was selling at MSRP, but they tag on a whole bunch of other charges. $200 for emissions, freight, setup, doc fees. I think its crazy. They should not charge freight or setup.  It should be the cost of business to have the bike available to the store, no? :nixweiss: Besides, I know they're making a killing on the CVOs at MSRP! The price to pay for our toys...I guess its all good at the end.

Think that's just a CA. thing?
 Gary

homebrew

• CVO1: cvo someday...for now 2011 FLHX with power pak
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2010, 07:03:17 PM »

MSRP, and 20% off HD accessories. Oh yeah, and a reach around...very important.

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2006 FLSTFSE2 - SOLD
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2010, 08:19:35 PM »

MSRP, and 20% off HD accessories. Oh yeah, and a reach around...very important.

Try and get them to throw in a Happy Ending is all I can say ...
Of course ... they'll hold out for not.

That's right at the point you sign on the dotted line  :)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 08:23:38 PM by TIF2 »
TIF2
I've never learned a single thing while I was talking - Will Rogers

harris48cars

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2010, 10:57:17 PM »

You guys are funny, thanks for the smile.
 Gary

Lucky88

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2010, 02:39:34 AM »

Think that's just a CA. thing?
 Gary

I talked to another dealer today, they won't start looking for your bike till you leave a $1000 deposit!  Yea, it must be a Cali thing. For most part, the dealers KNOW they'll sell the bike regardless. I think they're geared towards the attitude, if you don't buy it, someone else will.   :nixweiss: Seems they know how to control the market.  Ah, once again, the price we pay for toys....

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2010, 07:58:56 AM »

All good pomts

harris48cars

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2010, 09:36:58 AM »

Yes they are. I put down $500
 Gary

rheiner

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2010, 10:47:27 PM »

I learned today that I'm second in line for my dealer's cvo SG allocation. The first bike they will receive is a black/crimson and the guy who is ahead of me initially said no but now said yes and the dealer is honoring his request. That means the one I get, which is scheduled for delivery in late Aug. or Sept., is the autumn haze/antique gunstock. That will be the final allocation to my dealer in phase one ordering. It looks like a pretty color, but I'd like a black/orange or black/crimson color. If any of you are in my position with your dealer, but you'd like the autumn haze but are being allocated an orange or crimson color, let me know and maybe we can arrange a dealer to dealer trade.

harris48cars

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2010, 11:59:45 PM »

As soon as I saw the Green I had to have it. Now, I'm not so hot on that color. My deposit is on the Black and orange. But I've got to say that the Autumn Haze is seriously growing on me. I mean I really like it. When I first saw it I didn't even take a second glance, but now..... Don't know if you have these pictures (http://motorcycles.about.com/od/newbikephotogalleries/ig/2011-Harley-Davidson-CVO-Lineup/CVO-Street-Glide.-8NY.htm) but they are pretty nice. Look at 8, 10 and 11. click on the pictures a couple of times and they get bigger.
 Gary

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2010, 12:03:15 AM »

I'm still stuck on the black one.....

Lucky88

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2010, 12:56:58 AM »

I'm still stuck to the Green one..

Sierramadre

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2010, 07:29:42 AM »

I bought the black one (picking it up today) but I think the Autumn haze could be the sleeper color of the group.  Very unique.  Looking forward to seeing it in person.  I saw the Orange and Black in person and liked it alot but think it would have been even better with the orange on top and the black on the bottom...just a little too much orange the way its executed for me.  That being said, I would have bought it if the black wasn't available. 

BobFarmer

• CVO1: 2011 Street Glide
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2010, 12:27:14 PM »

I ordered the black one from my local dealership here in Southern California, it arrives in October.  I might have ordered the orange or autumn haze not only because they're beautiful, but also because they're more visible, but my wife absolutely loves the black.  So why create a problem for myself?    8)
2002 Softail Deuce, too many mods to list--bar bike
2006 Softail Deluxe, blue/white, tour mods, "girl bike"
2011 CVO Street Glide

There's no such thing as a bad Harley Davidson.

rheiner

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2010, 09:32:53 PM »

As soon as I saw the Green I had to have it. Now, I'm not so hot on that color. My deposit is on the Black and orange. But I've got to say that the Autumn Haze is seriously growing on me. I mean I really like it. When I first saw it I didn't even take a second glance, but now..... Don't know if you have these pictures (http://motorcycles.about.com/od/newbikephotogalleries/ig/2011-Harley-Davidson-CVO-Lineup/CVO-Street-Glide.-8NY.htm) but they are pretty nice. Look at 8, 10 and 11. click on the pictures a couple of times and they get bigger.
 Gary

The autumn haze is looking a little better each time I see it. Thanks for the link to those pictures.

I've never owned a SG but I will soon. Am I correct in my assumption that the 2011 cvo SG has no autolock on the saddlebags, and if that's true, is there a keyed lock? Also, please don't tell me there's no aux-in jack on the front of the radio. I'm not an I-pod fan right now and prefer to put my music in playlists on my zumo, and, is there a plug in for a helmet headset to listen to music as an alternative to the speakers? It doesn't come with heated seats or heated handgrips? I've been spoiled with the luxury and features of my SEUC but I love the look of the new cvo SG. Just wondering with these questions what I have to give up.

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2010, 09:43:32 PM »

The autumn haze is looking a little better each time I see it. Thanks for the link to those pictures.

I've never owned a SG but I will soon. Am I correct in my assumption that the 2011 cvo SG has no autolock on the saddlebags, and if that's true, is there a keyed lock? Also, please don't tell me there's no aux-in jack on the front of the radio. I'm not an I-pod fan right now and prefer to put my music in playlists on my zumo, and, is there a plug in for a helmet headset to listen to music as an alternative to the speakers? It doesn't come with heated seats or heated handgrips? I've been spoiled with the luxury and features of my SEUC but I love the look of the new cvo SG. Just wondering with these questions what I have to give up.

Nothing of this mi amigo!!!

harris48cars

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2010, 12:36:05 AM »

Regarding colors again. On the black and orange I'm a little worried that from the drivers seat all you see is black. Black tank (Top), console, inner fairing, gas fill and gauge. When I put my deposit down I told my salesman I was worried about the view form the drivers position. Of course it is a refundable deposit and regardless I am buying one of the CVO SG's. To be honest I am going to need to look at each color to make a final decision. I think the color selections this year are the best I've seen and am excited to soon be seeing all the colors. Don't think you can go wrong with any of the colors this year.
 Gary

rheiner

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2010, 01:17:43 AM »

Regarding colors again. On the black and orange I'm a little worried that from the drivers seat all you see is black. Black tank (Top), console, inner fairing, gas fill and gauge. When I put my deposit down I told my salesman I was worried about the view form the drivers position. Of course it is a refundable deposit and regardless I am buying one of the CVO SG's. To be honest I am going to need to look at each color to make a final decision. I think the color selections this year are the best I've seen and am excited to soon be seeing all the colors. Don't think you can go wrong with any of the colors this year.
 Gary

Are you going to Sturgis to see all of the colors in person? I've leaving in two days to go there. Really looking forward to it.

harris48cars

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2010, 01:39:45 AM »

My current 08 SG with Big Bore kit was supposed to ship out last week from Va. to Ca.. Instead it ships out Monday morning. The wife and I are flying to L.A. to pick up my bike and do 3 weeks touring the West coast. Bike ships back to Va. after that. Now while we are out there I will be stopping by each dealer we go near. Sure to see all the colors by then. If I see anything out there and get any kind of trade in on my Glide, I'll do a switch right then. Otherwise I will have the Black and orange arriving in Oct..
 Gary

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2006 FLSTFSE2 - SOLD
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2010, 02:07:19 AM »

Took me 5 seconds to decide on Autumn Haze for me ... should arrive November or so.
TIF2
I've never learned a single thing while I was talking - Will Rogers

Lucky88

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2010, 05:23:44 AM »

Back to the deal points...my brother-in-law is the GM at one of the dealers. He will get me the  2011 SESG at $2k below MSRP. I will keep my fingers crossed.  :orange:  I have to keep quiet till then.

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2010, 08:59:19 AM »

Back to the deal points...my brother-in-law is the GM at one of the dealers. He will get me the  2011 SESG at $2k below MSRP. I will keep my fingers crossed.  :orange:  I have to keep quiet till then.

Lucky you mi amigo....can I be your brother as well? :huepfenjump3:

rheiner

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2010, 03:52:25 PM »

I have switched my positions on this thread several times since I started it. Sorry for the confusion. Here's the latest: The guy that was ahead of me on the black/crimson tag told the dealer this morning he just couldn't pull it off and canceled, so I'm at the top. I have my choice of the black/crimson arriving in a week, or the autumn haze/antique gunstock next month. I showed the colors from the cvo brochure to a few HD riding girls I know and both rated the autumn haze no. 1 if it was up to them. I'm leaving for Sturgis in the morning to look at them in person but I have a feeling I'm going to want the black one with the contrast chrome wheels, instead of autumn haze & the mirror chrome wheels. I ordered Chubby 14" handlebars today with Magnum sterling chromite II cables & lines, and looking at the SEUC6 mirrors, and the new HD Rumble style for hwy pegs. Still haven't decided on exhaust, whether I cut out the cat and put fullsacs in, go with the fullsac x-pipe, or V&H headpipe with fullsacs. I want to keep the new billet muffler end caps. 

harris48cars

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2010, 09:05:34 PM »

Can I vote for the Autumn? The black is my least favorite. Only because there are so many black HD's, I own one. From 20 feet away I'm thinking it looks like just another Harley. Now don't get me wrong I still think it looks great but lacks the flash of the other colors. Also I haven't seen the black and reserve the right to change my mind and probably will.
 Gary

Sierramadre

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2010, 06:31:30 AM »

When you see the black one in person at the dealership, you'll want it.  That's what happened to me.  It's not flashy but it is clearly a CVO and makes everyone do a double take.
I have switched my positions on this thread several times since I started it. Sorry for the confusion. Here's the latest: The guy that was ahead of me on the black/crimson tag told the dealer this morning he just couldn't pull it off and canceled, so I'm at the top. I have my choice of the black/crimson arriving in a week, or the autumn haze/antique gunstock next month. I showed the colors from the cvo brochure to a few HD riding girls I know and both rated the autumn haze no. 1 if it was up to them. I'm leaving for Sturgis in the morning to look at them in person but I have a feeling I'm going to want the black one with the contrast chrome wheels, instead of autumn haze & the mirror chrome wheels. I ordered Chubby 14" handlebars today with Magnum sterling chromite II cables & lines, and looking at the SEUC6 mirrors, and the new HD Rumble style for hwy pegs. Still haven't decided on exhaust, whether I cut out the cat and put fullsacs in, go with the fullsac x-pipe, or V&H headpipe with fullsacs. I want to keep the new billet muffler end caps. 

LoneCustom

• Junior CVO Member
  • Let's Ride!

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra Glide in Crystal Citron
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2010, 03:45:32 PM »

Well, not that I am in the market (unless my Powerball numbers come in  :D), but the Kryptonite/Black Diamond one has me firmly transfixed.  The Inferno Orange is very nice, too but something about that green machine is calling to me.  I hope not to see an unsold one in person, since I know my palms will get all sweaty and I'll start rationalizing that I don't really need a Tourpak after all.....   :huepfenjump3:

firefighter156

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2010, 10:27:19 PM »

IMHO I would do Black/Inferno for sure but I guess it's not for me to decide.  Just sayin :) Good luck. 
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"

2014 CVO Limited
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Page created in 0.309 seconds with 24 queries.